WAS PETER TALKING TO YOU ?

DougE

Exodus 19:6 And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

This was spoken to the children of Israel.

1 Peter 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

Was Peter talking to the church today, the body of Christ?

Was Peter saying the church today is a holy nation?

Was Peter saying the church today is a priesthood?

Peter was talking to the children of Israel as read in Exodus 19:6.

God's Truth

Exodus 19:6 And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

1 Peter 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

Was Paul talking to you?

Peter and Paul were talking the one and only gospel to everyone.

NO ONE BLOOD RELATED to Abraham is given any kind of special consideration, until JESUS CAME NOW IT ONLY MATTERS about Jesus' blood.

John 1:13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.

Last edited:

beloved57

de

Was Peter saying the church today is a holy nation? Ex 19:5-6

Yes

Its fulfilled in Christ, who perfectly obeyed Gods voice for the Sheep, His Body the Church. When God made that promise it was conditioned on obeying His Voice

Ex 19:5-6

5 [/SUP]Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine: 6 and ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

DougE

de

Yes

Its fulfilled in Christ, who perfectly obeyed Gods voice for the Sheep, His Body the Church. When God made that promise it was conditioned on obeying His Voice

Ex 19:5-6

5 [/SUP]Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine: 6 and ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

Note this was spoken to the children of Israel in verse 6 which the church today is not

DougE

Was Paul talking to you?

Peter and Paul were talking the one and only gospel to everyone.

NO ONE BLOOD RELATED to Abraham is given any kind of special consideration, until JESUS CAME NOW IT ONLY MATTERS about Jesus' blood.

John 1:13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.

Paul is our apostle

beloved57

Note this was spoken to the children of Israel in verse 6 which the church today is not

Yes it was spoken to the children of Israel nationally, and the remnant the Body of Christ was part of it. This was ultimately fulfilled in Christ who obeyed God's voice. All redeemed by Christ are the kingdom of priests and peculiar people Rev 5

And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth

beloved57

Paul is our apostle

The Apostles belong to Christ and the Church. Eph 4:10-12

10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

The Apostles were commanded by Christ to teach all nations Matt 28

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Bradley D

Peter talks to me everyday!

"And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity" (2 Peter 1:5-7).

clefty

Again you are building your house on shifting sands and then stick your head in the same sand to ignore that:

ALREADY when at Sinai THIS ekklesia received the LIVING ORACLES Acts 7:38 from Him OUR Head they His BODY...WE were ALREADY FULL of those NOT OF JACOB...

1 Cor 10:4...1 Cor 12:13...Eph 2 foreigners made citizens of Israel just like in the OT...ONE LAW for native and foreigner the SAME

https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topi...ded-In-The-Law

Please remember the Sabbath given to US these “strangers within thy gates” the ONLY commandment to do so...the irony sharpens iron

Is WHY Yahushua said Sabbath was made for MAN and not just Jews...and Paul insisted “copy me AS I copy Christ”...to establish this Law...

BECAUSE He said go into ALL nations...NOT JUST JEWS...and teach them to observe ALL things I have commanded you...

Or do you think He meant...some things...?