• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

Q. What do Christians and Darwinists have in common with one another?

Right Divider

Body part
Sure. There's no better definition of love than as outlined in Corinthians for starters.

So sweet...

So God's account of creating one man and one woman is a reject for you?

That Adam shows up in TWO detailed genealogies is not good enough for you?

Perhaps the entire Bible is just an "allegory". Perhaps Abraham, David, Jesus, Paul .... all just "allegories".

Arthur Brain

So sweet...

So God's account of creating one man and one woman is a reject for you?

That Adam shows up in TWO detailed genealogies is not good enough for you?

Perhaps the entire Bible is just an "allegory". Perhaps Abraham, David, Jesus, Paul .... all just "allegories".

It's not "sweet" at all but then I've often noticed that actual love in fundamentalism is often in short supply.

The allegory is obvious and actual science moves on regardless. You're free to believe what you want of course but young earth creationism can be discarded for the non science that it is.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Young earth creationism can be discarded for the non science that it is.

Scientifically illiterate moron uses irrational nonsense to declare idea he hates to not be science.

Pictures at 11.

Arthur Brain

Scientifically illiterate moron uses irrational nonsense to declare idea he hates to not be science.

Pictures at 11.

It's neither irrational or hate fuelled to declare that non science isn't science. Young earth creationism starts with a pre-set conclusion based on a strict, religious belief, that the earth is no older than ten thousand years. It then tries to shoe horn data to fit into that belief while ignoring the (overwhelming) evidence that counters that. The scientific method involves formulating theories that fit with the evidence, not the other way around.

Arthur Brain

You just keep begging the question.

How generous of you.

Again... Adam is included in TWO DETAILED genealogies that include ALL REAL PEOPLE. Why is ONLY ADAM an "allegory"?

It's not generous, it's just fact. You're free to believe what you want. If you weren't willing to listen to Alate One who explained things to you in painstaking detail, then you're not willing to listen to anyone.

Right Divider

Body part
It's not generous, it's just fact.
If it were a fact, you would demonstrate it as such. Instead you simply beg the question over and over again.

BTW... it was not generous.... I was being sarcastic. I thought that you'd be bright enough to figure that out. I was was mistaken.

You're free to believe what you want.
As are also you free to believe in your favorite myths.

If you weren't willing to listen to Alate One who explained things to you in painstaking detail, then you're not willing to listen to anyone.
Again, you make false claims.

You do not understand much about science at all, but you love to believe what other materialists say about it.

AGAIN... in TWO DETAILED genealogies in the Bible, Adam is listed with REAL PEOPLE. Please address this instead of ignoring it.

You claim that in these lengthy lists.... ONLY Adam is an "allegory".

Arthur Brain

If it were a fact, you would demonstrate it as such. Instead you simply beg the question over and over again.

BTW... it was not generous.... I was being sarcastic. I thought that you'd be bright enough to figure that out. I was was mistaken.

As are also you free to believe in your favorite myths.

Again, you make false claims.

You do not understand much about science at all, but you love to believe what other materialists say about it.

AGAIN... in TWO DETAILED genealogies in the Bible, Adam is listed with REAL PEOPLE. Please address this instead of ignoring it.

You claim that in these lengthy lists.... ONLY Adam is an "allegory".

Oh, I realized you were being sarcastic but I simply pointed out that you're obviously free to believe what you want regardless. You'll carry on believing that evolution is some sort of "non science" based on your fundamentalism no matter what anyone says on the subject along with anything else that doesn't fit in with it. Alate One is certainly better versed in science than myself, by a long shot in fact but I do understand how the scientific method itself actually works and young earth creationism simply isn't part of that. If you want to believe that Adam and Eve were two literal people and there was a talking serpent that convinced Eve to eat a forbidden apple then you carry on.

Right Divider

Body part
Oh, I realized you were being sarcastic but I simply pointed out that you're obviously free to believe what you want regardless. You'll carry on believing that evolution is some sort of "non science" based on your fundamentalism no matter what anyone says on the subject along with anything else that doesn't fit in with it. Alate One is certainly better versed in science than myself, by a long shot in fact but I do understand how the scientific method itself actually works and young earth creationism simply isn't part of that. If you want to believe that Adam and Eve were two literal people and there was a talking serpent that convinced Eve to eat a forbidden apple then you carry on.
Again you want to appeal to authority. That's all you know how to do.... make fallacious "arguments".

Why do you continue to IGNORE the TWO DETAILED genealogies?

I already know that you cannot address it, but give it a shot anyway.

Arthur Brain

Again you want to appeal to authority. That's all you know how to do.... make fallacious "arguments".

Why do you continue to IGNORE the TWO DETAILED genealogies?

I already know that you cannot address it, but give it a shot anyway.

It's quite easy to see it as an ethnography, rather than a literal bloodline. Still, won't bother you though will it?

Last edited:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The scientific method involves formulating theories that fit with the evidence,.

Nope.

Remember how you are scientifically illiterate.

Science is the process of eliminating ideas using logic, reason and evidence. The source and nature of the ideas are utterly irrelevant.

You prefer grand declarations (sans evidence) and appeals to popularity or authority.

Arthur Brain

Nope.

Remember how you are scientifically illiterate.

Science is the process of eliminating ideas using logic, reason and evidence. The source and nature of the ideas are utterly irrelevant.

You prefer grand declarations (sans evidence) and appeals to popularity or authority.

Nope.

I remember some dope making such a claim that he couldn't substantiate though. Of course, the scientific method involves eliminating ideas if they don't hold up to scrutiny in light of the evidence. The reason why the theory of evolution came about is because of the evidence. You do realize that when something becomes a theory in science, it's not just a theory in general usage of the term, right?

Otherwise, young earth creationism starts off with a belief and that ain't how science works Stripe.

Right Divider

Body part
It's quite easy to see it as an ethnography, rather than a literal bloodline. Still, won't bother you though will it?

That is quite ridiculous.
the scientific description of the customs of individual peoples and cultures.

Those genealogies are clearly bloodlines.
​​​​​​
It's really funny that it was you that was talking about obvious stuff. And then you come up with this cockamamie story.

Arthur Brain

That is quite ridiculous.

Those genealogies are clearly bloodlines.
​​​​​​
It's really funny that it was you that was talking about obvious stuff. And then you come up with this cockamamie story.

Not really but hey, you just believe that the universe is only so many thousands of years old or whatever.