ARE WE TO CONFESS JESUS WITH OUR MOUTH ?

DougE

The law was about Jesus, when Jesus came, he fulfilled it.
How was the law about Jesus? The law with the commandments was about Jesus and the ordinances that was given is the purification works in which one had to do to because the commandments were CONTAINED IN ORDINANCES are ALL about Jesus. The ORDINANCES were the PURIFICATION WORKS.
THE PURIFICATION WORKS WERE ABOUT CLEANING ONESELF, and NOW ONLY JESUS CLEANS US.

Jesus taught to BELIEVE IN HIM, HAVE FAITH IN HIM.

Have faith about what?

Believe that we have to obey Jesus now and have faith that HE CLEANS us of the sins we repent of doing.

It means we still have to obey God---we just don't have to observe special days, do various external baths, adhere, to a special diet, and get circumcised.

THOSE THINGS WERE NAILED TO THE CROSS BECAUSE JESUS TAUGHT BELIEVE IN HIM. BELIEVE IN HIM THAT HE CLEANS US NOW.

Colossians 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Colossians 2:20 If you have died with Christ to the spiritual forces of the world, why, as though you still belonged to the world, do you submit to its regulations:

Ephesians 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

Jesus NOT abolishing the law means WE STILL HAVE TO BE CLEANED, PURIFIED, JUSTIFIED, WASHED...BUT NOT by the old law----by the new law which Jesus taught while he walked the earth.

I do not see anywhere where God did away with only the ceremonial law.
Jesus in fact commanded Israel to keep the whole law Matthew 23:2-3
In fact Ezekiel 40:41 says there will be sacrifices in the yet future millennial temple in the Davidic kingdom.
Regardless, Israel was to keep the commandments and baptism was one of them (Mark 16:16) so Ananias would be keeping the commandment to baptize believers.

DougE

When Jesus had his earthly ministry, he was teaching something new, and it is to believe in him.

Believe in everything Jesus says to get to the Father.

Believe that Jesus FORGIVES SINS and WASHES us of the sins we repent of doing.

Believe that Jesus lives in our heart and that is reconciliation to God.

There is only one gospel for all from Jesus.

I was about to give you a like until you said "Believe that Jesus FORGIVES SINS and WASHES us of the sins we repent of doing."

Christ forgives us of all sins Colossians 2:13

You are placing a real burden because you cant know all your sin to repent of and are guilty of not just sinning but not doing good (James 4:17)
You are also unaware that you are saying Christ's sacrifice for our sins was not sufficient

God's Truth

I do not see anywhere where God did away with only the ceremonial law.
Of course, God did away with it and nailed it to the cross.
Jesus in fact commanded Israel to keep the whole law Matthew 23:2-3
You need to read what I post more carefully.

I explained that scripture is detail.

In fact Ezekiel 40:41 says there will be sacrifices in the yet future millennial temple in the Davidic kingdom.
That is outrageous.
No such thing as God accepting animals anymore.

Regardless, Israel was to keep the commandments and baptism was one of them (Mark 16:16) so Ananias would be keeping the commandment to baptize believers.

Baptism of repentance is not the old but the new.

DougE

Of course, God did away with it and nailed it to the cross.

You need to read what I post more carefully.

I explained that scripture is detail.

That is outrageous.
No such thing as God accepting animals anymore.

Baptism of repentance is not the old but the new.

Read Ezekiel chapter 40-48 but Ezekiel 40:41 says sacrifices
Old or new doesn't matter it is a commandment to be baptized so Ananias was being obedient to the commandment in Mark 16:16 Matthew 28:19

God's Truth

I was about to give you a like until you said "Believe that Jesus FORGIVES SINS and WASHES us of the sins we repent of doing."
You aren't going to get out of it. We have to repent of our sins.

Christ forgives us of all sins Colossians 2:13
If you don't even know what your sins are then how is that meaningful on your side?

"Oh thank you, for that whatever stuff you washed me of but I still do."

Don't you know why John the baptizer was beheaded?

You are placing a real burden because you cant know all your sin to repent of and are guilty of not just sinning but not doing good (James 4:17)
Not sinning is doing good.
You are also unaware that you are saying Christ's sacrifice for our sins was not sufficient

That is ridiculous. Jesus tells you to repent of your sins and you say that will make his sacrifice insufficient!

God's Truth

Read Ezekiel chapter 40-48 but Ezekiel 40:41 says sacrifices
Old or new doesn't matter it is a commandment to be baptized so Ananias was being obedient to the commandment in Mark 16:16 Matthew 28:19

No such thing as a baptism of repentance in the old law.

No such thing as God taking animal sacrifices after His Son the Lamb of God.

God's Truth

DougE, you need to show a scripture that says a baptism of repentance was done in the old testament.

No such thing what you teach.

Jesus is the the LAST ONCE AND FOR ALL SACRIFICE.

DougE

DougE, you need to show a scripture that says a baptism of repentance was done in the old testament.

No such thing what you teach.

Jesus is the the LAST ONCE AND FOR ALL SACRIFICE.

I never said anything about a baptism of repentance.....that was preached by John

I said Ananias was devout to the law and baptized Paul according to it and according to commandment (Matthew 28:19 Mark 16:16)

I said "Ananias was devout according to the law (Acts 22:12) and baptized Paul according to the commandments under the law; this does not apply to us"

Washings were under the law Hebrews 9:10

God's Truth

I never said anything about a baptism of repentance.....that was preached by John

I said Ananias was devout to the law and baptized Paul according to it and according to commandment (Matthew 28:19 Mark 16:16)

I said "Ananias was devout according to the law (Acts 22:12) and baptized Paul according to the commandments under the law; this does not apply to us"

Washings were under the law Hebrews 9:10

I know what you said and you are wrong and you said it again.

There was NO SUCH THING as a baptism of repentance under the law.

beloved57

ARE WE TO CONFESS JESUS WITH OUR MOUTH ?

Sure if its the Jesus of Matt 1:21

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins. The Jesus that its promised He shall save His particular people from their sns.

DAN P

Sure if its the Jesus of Matt 1:21

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins. The Jesus that its promised He shall save His particular people from their sins.

Hi beloved 57 and as always your CONTEXT is not on the radar as his people are the Jews as the PROPHET predicted in Isa 53 :1-12 !!

Is Isa 53:12 preaching CALVINISM GOSPEL and he bare the SIN of many and made Intercession for the Transgressor !!

dan p

beloved57

Hi beloved 57 and as always your CONTEXT is not on the radar as his people are the Jews as the PROPHET predicted in Isa 53 :1-12 !!

Is Isa 53:12 preaching CALVINISM GOSPEL and he bare the SIN of many and made Intercession for the Transgressor !!

dan p

His People has no more to do with jews as it does gentiles !

DAN P

His People has no more to do with jews as it does gentiles !

Hi B57 and Christ was married to Israel and in Jer 3:8 Israel committed adultery and I had her put away , with a BILL OF DIVORCE !!

He came to his own and they REJECTED him and Matt 10:5 and 6 to Go NOT into the way of the GENTILES , but go rather to the lost SHEEP of Israel !!

So where is CALVINISM GOSPEL in verse 7-42 ??

dan p

beloved57

Hi B57 and Christ was married to Israel and in Jer 3:8 Israel committed adultery and I had her put away , with a BILL OF DIVORCE !!

He came to his own and they REJECTED him and Matt 10:5 and 6 to Go NOT into the way of the GENTILES , but go rather to the lost SHEEP of Israel !!

So where is CALVINISM GOSPEL in verse 7-42 ??

dan p

As stated My People in Matt 1:21 has no more to do with jews as it does Gentiles, and Christ is and always has been married to His Bride the Church, The BOC. The Body of Christ is also His People in Matt 1:21