RSF: Faster in Air than on Sand
This is the show from Friday April 29th, 2011.
* Lizards, Footprints, Rafts, and Buckyballs: Co-hosts Fred Williams and Bob Enyart talk about articles from the latest issue of Creation magazine, April - June 2011.
* Lizards Move Quickly on Sand: Engineers at the Georgia Institute of Technology have copied God's design for lizard locomotion on sand and transferred it to a robot called SandBot. The lizards, like other creatures, move their limbs so quickly as they run that they would get stuck in the sand except that, as God designed them, while their feet are in contact with the sand, those limbs move relatively more slowly to provide stability, and when they pick their foot up, they move much more quickly through the air to get them in place for the next step. (If this is confusing, just watch Bob demonstrate it on today's program The discipline of biomimetics helps to create technologies to improve the lives of human beings by copying God's design in nature, such as by the automobile industry from the boxfish, and quieter computer fans inspired by owls wings!
*Scientists have found 3,000 more Dinosaur Footprints: in China, and Bob and Fred discuss Creation magazine's interesting analysis of what can be learned from these trace fossils.
* After Catastrophes, Naturally-formed Rafts Transport Animals: Rubber duckies, too. Far!
* Nobel Prize Winning Chemist Rejects Evolution: The discoverer of the Buckeyball, a form of carbon that looks like a soccer ball or a geodesic dome, Dr. Rick Smalley, had always assumed that the science behind his education in evolution was rigorous. But after hearing a lecture at Rice University on intelligent design, Dr. Smalley began studying Darwinism for himself and was angered at the poor quality of what passes for evolutionary "science." Af first he became a theistic evolutionist, but then realized that there is not even evidence for evolution, even with the assumption that God started it. Dr. Smalley eventually rejected Darwinism altogether, became a born-again Christian, gave a strong anti-evolution talk in 2004 at Tuskegee University, and received a standing ovation!
Today’s Resource: You'll just love the science DVDs, books, and written, audio or video debates we offer through our Real Science Friday broadcasts! So have you browsed through our Science Department in the KGOV Store? Check out Bob most highly-recommended astronomy DVD, What You Aren't Being Told About Astronomy! And see Walt Brown’s great hardcover book, In the Beginning! You’ll also love Dr. Guillermo Gonzalez’ Privileged Planet(clip), and Illustra Media’sUnlocking the Mystery of Life(clip)! You can consider our BELScience Pack; Bob Enyart’sAge of the Earth Debate; Bob's debate about Junk DNA with the infamous anti-creationist Dr. Eugenie Scott. And if you have young kids or grand kids, you owe it to them and to yourself to give them as a gift the SUPERB kids' radio programming on audio CD, Jonathan Park: The Adventure Begins! And Bob strongly recommends that you subscribe to CMI’s tremendousCreation magazine and if you're up to reading more technical scientific articles, you'll also want to subscribe to CRSQ! And to order any of our BEL science products by phone, just call us at 1-800-8Enyart (836-9278).
* Special Editions of Real Science Friday:
- BEL's famous List of Not-So-Old Things
- Bob's debate with Christian Darwinist British author James Hannam
- PZ Myers blogs against Real Science Friday so we hit back with the PZ Trochlea Challenge
- Waiting for Darwin's Other Shoe: Science mag cover: Darwin Was Wrong on the Tree of Life
- Microbiologist in Studio: Creation Research Society Quarterly editor on new genetic findings
- Caterpillar Kills Atheism: describe how a bug could evolve to liquefy itself and then build itself into a flying creature
- And see the RSF Offer of $2,000 to get 16 letters of the alphabet in their correct places; $500 paid in 1998; $1,500 in 2010...
WARNING: Graphic video here.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)