Here's why Trump wants us all to go back to work

chair

Ah, chair, you should actually write your own comments sometime,

I write my own comments all of the time. And most of them are on topic and to the point. You seem to enjoy playing semantic games, rather than contributing to an actual discussion. A sad case.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
I write my own comments all of the time. And most of them are on topic and to the point. You seem to enjoy playing semantic games, rather than contributing to an actual discussion. A sad case.

LOL

Arthur Brain

The question of whether or not something is a ban is a different question than the question of whether or not a ban is, or could be, enforced.

Would you need millions and millions of police to enforce a ban against the residents of a town of, say, a population of 10,000, leaving their homes?

I'm just trying to find out what (if anything) is supposed to be the difference between a lockdown and a ban against people leaving their homes.

Arthur Brain, of course, is never going to be able to speak coherently to my question.

You've been answered coherently and on point multiple times. A lockdown doesn't mean that people can't leave their homes for what should be obvious reasons. To go out for shopping, exercise once a day, emergency medical needs, also other things like delivering shopping to those who are unable to leave their homes or providing care for someone while observing safety measures. There isn't a ban on people leaving their homes. There are restrictions on the reasons why people can do so. Having a party in a park. Having a house party, sunbathing in a field for hours on end etc. How much clearer does this need to be spelled out? The police have powers to break up any kind of social gathering or send people home who are outside for reasons that obviously aren't in compliance with the lackdown measures as outlined above and can also issue fines accordingly.

Clear now?

Arthur Brain

It's the exact same line when it comes to discussing "science" with him.

Hmm. I don't recall Alate One or Barb getting emotive when discussing science but matter of factly answering questions in detail only to be met with rather a lot of emotional and angry sidebars and deflections because their answers couldn't be rebutted or most of the time even addressed. The same with anyone who agreed with them, so that's ironic.

Arthur Brain

Are you saying that a lockdown is not a ban against people leaving their homes?

Yes 7d7. It is not a ban against people leaving their homes. It's a restrictive measure on what they can leave them for. How you aren't aware of the difference between this and an outline ban is by now, anyone's guess or so it should be anyway.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
RD notes a peculiar quirk about artie's personality:
It's the exact same line when it comes to discussing "science" with him.

Inexplicably, artie responds with an unfactual and emotional discussion of Alate One and barbie :dizzy:
Hmm. I don't recall Alate One or Barb getting emotive when discussing science but matter of factly answering questions in detail only to be met with rather a lot of emotional and angry sidebars and deflections because their answers couldn't be rebutted or most of the time even addressed. The same with anyone who agreed with them, so that's ironic.

simply amazing :doh:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
The police have powers to break up any kind of social gathering or send people home who are outside for reasons that obviously aren't in compliance with the lackdown measures as outlined above and can also issue fines accordingly.

and are there now millions and millions of police to exercise those powers?

Right Divider

Body part

I didn't say anything about them. I only mentioned YOU.

If YOU would like to actually discuss the FACTS of radiometric dating. Start a thread and we can discuss the SCIENCE.

In other threads you would not touch the facts with a ten foot pole. Your response was always illogical fallacy.
  • Who believes in it.
  • What their credential were.
  • How many believe it.
  • How long some have believed it.
  • etc. etc. etc.

Arthur Brain

I didn't say anything about them. I only mentioned YOU.

If YOU would like to actually discuss the FACTS of radiometric dating. Start a thread and we can discuss the SCIENCE.

In other threads you would not touch the facts with a ten foot pole. Your response was always illogical fallacy.
  • Who believes in it.
  • What their credential were.
  • How many believe it.
  • How long some have believed it.
  • etc. etc. etc.

Oh, okay. I have certain trolls on ignore here and these days, well, pretty much the one considering the depletion in forum traffic so who you're referring to isn't exactly clear in context. However, the irony where you accuse others of emotive response with yet again your trademark all caps as if a point needs to be emphasized so much when you've had it all explained to you before is again... ironic. Why bother? You're not remotely interested in anything that counters your fundamentalist belief that the earth can't be any older than a set amount of years maximum. If you're not going to listen to scientists you're not going to listen to anyone else who agrees with them.

Arthur Brain

He is consistent; consistently fallacious in his "reasoning".

This time I see your're quoting doser and in relation to me. I'd sooner the ignore feature could be modified to remove anything from an ignored poster altogether but probably asking too much. Zero interest in this type of garbage. If he wants to waste his time then let him. I won't be addressing anything further even indirectly from him through a posted quote.

Right Divider

Body part
Oh, okay. I have certain trolls on ignore here and these days, well, pretty much the one considering the depletion in forum traffic so who you're referring to isn't exactly clear in context. However, the irony where you accuse others of emotive response with yet again your trademark all caps as if a point needs to be emphasized so much when you've had it all explained to you before is again... ironic. Why bother? You're not remotely interested in anything that counters your fundamentalist belief that the earth can't be any older than a set amount of years maximum. If you're not going to listen to scientists you're not going to listen to anyone else who agrees with them.

Fact-less emotion again.

You want to listen to your priests instead of discussing facts. I understand that the actual facts overwhelm you and that you feel safe with your experts.

Right Divider

Body part
This time I see your're quoting doser and in relation to me. I'd sooner the ignore feature could be modified to remove anything from an ignored poster altogether but probably asking too much. Zero interest in this type of garbage. If he wants to waste his time then let him. I won't be addressing anything further even indirectly from him through a posted quote.

:bow:

Arthur Brain

Fact-less emotion again.

You want to listen to your priests instead of discussing facts. I understand that the actual facts overwhelm you and that you feel safe with your experts.

Well, no as they're not my "priests" so that's you inserting the emotive again. Ironic that you can't notice the...irony going on there. If the actual "facts" are so overwhelming then they'd be part of staple science and yet they're not. Possibly because they aren't?