BANNED
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    Wow .. what a right pair of downers you two are.

Are you boyfriend and boyfriend?
    No, but thanks for proving my point.

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,767 Times in 6,100 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone66 View Post
    No, but thanks for proving my point.
    So you're judging a whole range of people according to one TOL post? You're quite the bigot, aren't you.
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

"The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

Tambora (August 19th, 2017)

BANNED
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    So you're judging a whole range of people according to one TOL post? You're quite the bigot, aren't you.
    Did do that? I just merely said that one post proved my point. It one example in many.

And thank you for providing another example.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've become a better debater and more biblically literate. I appreciate what Knight has constructed here. I've "met" some people I genuinely like and would probably enjoy being friends with outside of cyberspace.

Politically, I am more conservative than I used to be. However, I now know that I will (almost assuredly) never fully embrace conservativism. I've seen a very ugly side of it here, and it is repulsive to me. Politics in general has become more unappealing to me by and large, as I find that it is often incompatible with my understanding of the Christian faith.

Theologically, I have come to appreciate MAD and exchange life theology more, but I do not fully accept either of them. I do find some truth in them, but not enough to warrant claiming it as the exclusive truth as so many do.

I have also found that those who claim to be posses the exclusive truth among Christians are often times those who are least Christlike in many ways. Spiritual fruit is often nonexistent in their communication (at least insofar as you can judge on a message board - so that is problematic for sure). You'd think that they would find this ironic, but it seems to make absolutely no difference to them, as they condemn their Christian brothers and sisters straight to hell for even slight (and sometimes significant) theological differences.

I have found that I am not above becoming a hateful person myself, at times.
    "Haven't seen the back of us yet..."

The Flying Ban Hammer ✈ Spam Killing Tomcat Sherman's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,978 Times in 7,597 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

How TOL changed me:

Before I joined I wore the identifier, Messianic Jew, even though I had not attended a Synagogue for 8 years. I have been identified as such for 15 years. There just wasn't one in the towns where I lived when I moved from Colorado. So my husband took the family to Baptist churches. The Calvinism and the liberalism there really did not win my heart. The American Baptist Church in Lincoln Nebraska was a turn off. The pastor preached tolerance of homosexuality. What I had seen of Gentile Christianity just did not impress me. I was even more turned off by it when I started modding another debate site and was exposed to the 'Emergent' movement. My theology has pretty much been the same all of my life. The kind of church where I was raised, I just cannot find anymore. The problem has been finding the right fit in terms of identifier.--Then along come TOL, something completely new in the way of a website. Its not ooey gooey namby pamby like other debate sites that put Christians in time out for saying homosexuality is a perversion. I can even say the homosexuality should be put back in the criminal category and not get squashed like a bug by the Admins. I found others like myself that wore the tag Christian. I learned on here that the term “Bible Believing Christian” is the best description of how I believe. This site has also helped me put names on what I believe.

I am a
    6 day Creationist,
    Young Earther,
    MAD-ist
    Open Theist
    Exchanged Lifer
    and a Theonomist.

Now you haters out there can throw your tomatoes.

The Troll Shredder--Brrrtttttt!

June is Gay Pride Month.Tolerance and diversity? More like tolerate perversity.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sherman For Your Post:

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Inzl Kett View Post
    How TOL changed me:

Before I joined I wore the identifier, Messianic Jew, even though I had not attended a Synagogue for 8 years. I have been identified as such for 15 years. There just wasn't one in the towns where I lived when I moved from Colorado. So my husband took the family to Baptist churches. The Calvinism and the liberalism there really did not win my heart. The American Baptist Church in Lincoln Nebraska was a turn off. The pastor preached tolerance of homosexuality. What I had seen of Gentile Christianity just did not impress me. I was even more turned off by it when I started modding another debate site and was exposed to the 'Emergent' movement. My theology has pretty much been the same all of my life. The kind of church where I was raised, I just cannot find anymore. The problem has been finding the right fit in terms of identifier.--Then along come TOL, something completely new in the way of a website. Its not ooey gooey namby pamby like other debate sites that put Christians in time out for saying homosexuality is a perversion. I can even say the homosexuality should be put back in the criminal category and not get squashed like a bug by the Admins. I found others like myself that wore the tag Christian. I learned on here that the term “Bible Believing Christian” is the best description of how I believe. This site has also helped me put names on what I believe.

I am a
    6 day Creationist,
    Young Earther,
    MAD-ist
    Open Theist
    Exchanged Lifer
    and a Theonomist.

No Inzl, no hating between christians. I'm glad you're here.
    And, anyway, tomatoes are good for you! Blessings, pat

Thanks
    Thanked 9,173 Times in 6,336 Posts

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Inzl Kett View Post
    How TOL changed me:

I am a
    6 day Creationist,
    Young Earther,
    MAD-ist
    Open Theist
    Exchanged Lifer
    and a Theonomist.

Did the baptist that told you it is ok to be a homo, be obediant and get water batpised?
    Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Titus 1

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

Ephesians 5

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick M For Your Post:

The Flying Ban Hammer ✈ Spam Killing Tomcat Sherman's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,978 Times in 7,597 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick M View Post

Did the baptist that told you it is ok to be a homo, be obediant and get water batpised?
    Yup I wasn't well liked by some people in that church because I didn't believe that way. This was the disgusting church that I mentioned a while back that had the teenage boys dress in drag for Halloween and have a beauty contest.

The Troll Shredder--Brrrtttttt!

June is Gay Pride Month.Tolerance and diversity? More like tolerate perversity.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sherman For Your Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,515 Times in 1,339 Posts

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vegascowboy View Post
    How many of you would say that you have changed...

...theologically, politically, etc....

...since you have been an active participator on TOL.

NOTE: This change need not be as a direct result of being on TOL (through the ideas and words of others), although those stories, I think, would be the most interesting.

Thanks.
    I think the best summary of how I've changed is that I've become more liberal theologically and politically. Influences outside of TOL have contributed to that also, though, so it's very possible I would have gone through similar changes even without TOL. Joining TOL was in some ways a step in the process.

EDIT:
    I've also learned that I have a lot to learn and to ask a lot of questions.

I've grown to hate dogma on all sides and of all stripes.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,396 Times in 717 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kmoney View Post
    I think the best summary of how I've changed is that I've become more liberal theologically and politically. Influences outside of TOL have contributed to that also, though, so it's very possible I would have gone through similar changes even without TOL. Joining TOL was in some ways a step in the process.
    Maybe I should ban you before you become a total loser.

Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
    TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

Download the new TOL app for iPhone, iPad, and Android...

Thanks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    Maybe I should ban you before you become a total loser.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. 5020 View Post
    I have become an Open Theist.

Unfortunately, I'm still a Dallas Cowboys fan, and don't like hockey.
    What about Vegas Cowboys? Are you a fan of those?
    The L-rd bless you and keep you;
    The L-rd make his face shine upon you,
    And be gracious to you;
    The L-rd lift up his countenance upon you,
    And give you peace.

Abortion is murder. Period.

Thanks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    Rabbit trails are okay sometimes. I occasionally take them myself. In fact... sometimes the rabbit trail is the most interesting part of the thread. Yet some folks hijack every thread they participate in and that can be frustrating (you are not one of those folks).
    Rabbit trails can be nice but you occasionally run into an Arthur Brain and have to backtrack quickly!!

Thanks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nydhogg View Post
    I've become more of an extremist.
    Boo.

Moderation FTW.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kmoney View Post
    Rabbit trails can be nice but you occasionally run into an Arthur Brain and have to backtrack quickly!!
    Or you could just make stew.
    The L-rd bless you and keep you;
    The L-rd make his face shine upon you,
    And be gracious to you;
    The L-rd lift up his countenance upon you,
    And give you peace.

Abortion is murder. Period.

Thread Information