granite1010's lie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
granite1010 said:
Ad hominem attack against the silly folk who believed fossils were demonic deceptions or tests of faith.
But you attributed it to people who have never held such a belief.

I believe in movies this sort of comment is referred to as a Throw Away Line. You say it and it's more or less filler.
If you want to post lies and potshots and claim it's just filler, go ahead. And we'll go ahead and call you on it and neg you for it.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Turbo said:
But you attributed it to people who have never held such a belief.

If you want to post lies and potshots and claim it's just filler, go ahead. And we'll go ahead and call you on it and neg you for it.

I didn't attribute it to ANYONE on TOL, and for very good reason. Not even the nuttiest posters on TOL have ever said the devil faked fossils. (That I know of.) "You people" is a blanket statement I use with regularity. But I would NEVER be demented enough to think anybody here actually thinks/thought that dinosaurs are the devil's deception.

The problem is your perception and misunderstanding of a passing comment. If you're this uptight and defensive, it's your problem and not mine.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
granite1010 said:
Ooooooookay, lost me there. I'm from Michigan, man, I know that being cryptic isn't a Wolverine thing...
I may need to borrow your crayons.

Are you unfamiliar with the common idiom, "the pot calling the kettle black"?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Turbo said:
I may need to borrow your crayons.

Are you unfamiliar with the common idiom, "the pot calling the kettle black"?

I am familiar, however I failed to see how it would fit into this discussion. As well I'm used to people accusing me of being a pothead since I favor its legalization.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
granite1010 said:
I didn't attribute it to ANYONE on TOL, and for very good reason... "You people" is a blanket statement I use with regularity.
Maybe you people should choose your words more discriminately.

Not even the nuttiest posters on TOL have ever said the devil faked fossils. (That I know of.) ...But I would NEVER be demented enough to think anybody here actually thinks/thought that dinosaurs are the devil's deception.
Again, thank you for conceding that post #40, as written, was untrue.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Turbo said:
Maybe you people should choose your words more discriminately.

Again, thank you for conceding that post #40, as written, was untrue.

Unclear. Not untrue. I should have inserted one or two words to clarify it. Ah well. Moving on, anybody?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Turbo said:
:thumb: I do like to neg for lies and potshots.

:yawn:

SOMEBODY is a little man on campus...

Jeez man, drums or boxing work better than neg reps.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I take this as a very good sign.

You people will NEVER rule the country much less the world if this is the best behavior you can cough up.

What a heck of an afternoon. A passing remark blown out of proportion and some of you guys have to make yourselves feel good by repping someone on a BULLETIN BOARD. That's like leaving nasty anonymous notes in someone's desk in grade school.

Hey, if it makes you happy!:cool:

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
granite1010 said:

...said Mr. Pot as he negged Turbo. :banana:

Granite

Hall of Fame
"Do unto others as they did unto you" strikes me as a fairly effective way to live... :guitar:

On Fire

granite1010 said:

SOMEBODY gets his panties in a wad every time he gets neg rep. :cry: :baby:

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Gerald said:
Is this the Back Alley? I brought my shiv and my zip gun. :D
Looks like they're ready to burn ole Granite in effigy... and as an Agnostic he's closer to them than to us... :confused:

Did you bring the marshmallows?

Status
Not open for further replies.