Thanks
    Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,100 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Almost 80% of all abortions in New York City were Black or Hispanic

There is an excellent article on Jill Stanek's blog about the high rate of abortion in the minority community. I highly recommend that you read the entire article here.

The blog raises the tough question: just who is targeting who? The number of aborted blacks, according to the Centers for Disease Control, outnumbers the next leading 7 causes of death among blacks combined.

Between 1999-2008 there were 922,272 abortions in New York City. Of these:

- 50,382 (5.5%) were Asian
    - 101, 856 (11%) were White
    - 296,330 (32.1%) were Hispanic
    - 430,515 (46.7%) were Black

79% of all abortions in New York City in that 10-yr period – 726,845 babies – were Black and Hispanic.

The article makes the bold claim that Planned Parenthood targets black babies, and there have been 20 million aborted Black babies in the U.S. since 1973.

Read the entire article here and please leave a comment as to your reaction from the story.
    Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
    TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

Thanks
    Thanked 12,887 Times in 8,791 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This is sickening. The figure for blacks------>1,259.7 abortions per 1,000 live births. That's more aborted than live births. That is an abomination. I wonder if our resident Abortion On Trick Pony is racist. He harps and harps on the poor women needing abortions.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sherman For Your Post:

Tambora (July 2nd, 2016)

Does Whatever A Light-House Can Lighthouse's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,385 Times in 10,249 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Inzl Kett View Post
    This is sickening. The figure for blacks------>1,259.7 abortions per 1,000 live births. That's more aborted than live births. That is an abomination. I wonder if our resident Abortion On Trick Pony is racist. He harps and harps on the poor women needing abortions.
    He's certainly a classist.

As for the report, I'm appalled, and not at all surprised. Margaret Sanger was blatant about her racism.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lighthouse For Your Post:

Tambora (July 2nd, 2016)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That absolutely breaks my heart. I am literally sitting here with tears in my eyes trying to figure out how America got here. I can't believe ya'll are "not surprised" and talking like its not a big deal. How non chalant ya'll are is sad, but not anywhere close to as sad as the massacre taking place out there.
    Trust those that seek the truth, but doubt those that say they have found it.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jmdeets View Post
    That absolutely breaks my heart. I am literally sitting here with tears in my eyes trying to figure out how America got here. I can't believe ya'll are "not surprised" and talking like its not a big deal. How non chalant ya'll are is sad, but not anywhere close to as sad as the massacre taking place out there.
    I never said it wasn't a big deal. And the only reason I'm not surprised is because I already knew the rate of abortion for blacks was the highest in the country.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lighthouse For Your Post:

Tambora (July 2nd, 2016)

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inzl Kett View Post
    The figure for blacks------>1,259.7 abortions per 1,000 live births. That's more aborted than live births.
    That's disturbing.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to Letsargue, this is just as Jesus wants it.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    [CENTER][IMG]
    Read the entire article here and please leave a comment as to your reaction from the story.
    Planned Parenthood has its roots in ethnic cleansing going back to Margaret Sanger who's ideas were admired by Hitler. These ideas increased into the handicapped, mentally challenged, elderly, etc. Dark, dark, stuff here.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ethnic cleansing has roots in every society that targets a certain part of the society as lesser, than the rest.
    For example, the rwandan genocide began when the Belgium king ruled there and made Tutsi's carry papers to identify their distinction as opposed to the Hutus. It was meant to be a good thing, because he gave the Tutsi's, a small manority, a greater share in the government control, but when the King died, the hutus used the card-carrying Tutusi's as a target. prior to this, the two tribes had no real distinction among them that was noticeable. Sometimes it takes a generation or 2 or 3 but the ethnic cleansing starts in a simple manner.
    It makes me uneasy about what N America is doing to the Mexican immigrants, that is, talk about making them carry citicenship papers on their persons.
    This is how it begins.

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it logical to assume that more blacks seek abortions because they have been brain washed by planned parenthood? Or is it more reasonable to believe that those in poverty do not wish to have the added expense of a child? Or that they fear ( rightly or wrongly) that they will give their child a horrible life in the ghetto?
    I realize that abortion is a VERY hot topic. Note, that I am not saying that abortion is OK. I am only saying that if one wants to stop it, one must accurately diagnose what causes it.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by agnostic_gnostic View Post
    Is it logical to assume that more blacks seek abortions because they have been brain washed by planned parenthood? Or is it more reasonable to believe that those in poverty do not wish to have the added expense of a child? Or that they fear ( rightly or wrongly) that they will give their child a horrible life in the ghetto?
    I realize that abortion is a VERY hot topic. Note, that I am not saying that abortion is OK. I am only saying that if one wants to stop it, one must accurately diagnose what causes it.
    They target the poor because they think of black people when they think of poor people. Most of their facilities, if not all, are in predominantly black neighborhoods.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Lighthouse For Your Post:

Tambora (July 2nd, 2016)

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
    They target the poor because they think of black people when they think of poor people. Most of their facilities, if not all, are in predominantly black neighborhoods.
    This is absolutely true. And the roots of Planned Parenthood sought to eliminate the "lesser" species, blacks being one. It is in black and white just like Mein Kampfh. But, few read the background material of these groups. Sick stuff.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Read The Architects of the Culture of Death.

Shows the progression.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How horrible! More than 3/4 a million babies killed? In one city in one year alone?

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The cited statistics are in New York City, which, being an inner city area is skewed towards minorities in *population*, so it makes sense abortions will be higher in minorities. Plus you're dealing with a lot of poverty in NYC especially among minorities and poverty correlates strongly with a likelihood to undergo abortion.

But apparently the blog author is more concerned with selling the story that there is some kind of racial targeting rather than showing statistics that are actually reflective of the US population as a whole or trying to make sense of them.

When we look at the US as a whole the statistics are quite different.

• Eighteen percent of U.S. women obtaining abortions are teenagers; those aged 15-17 obtain 6% of all abortions, teens aged 18-19 obtain 11%, and teens under age 15 obtain 0.4%. [6]

• Women in their twenties account for more than half of all abortions; women aged 20–24 obtain 33% of all abortions, and women aged 25-29 obtain 24%. [6]

• Thirty percent of abortions occur to non-Hispanic black women, 36% to non-Hispanic white women, 25% to Hispanic women and 9% to women of other races. [6]

• Thirty-seven percent of women obtaining abortions identify as Protestant and 28% as Catholic.[6]

• Women who have never married and are not cohabiting account for 45% of all abortions.[6]

• About 61% of abortions are obtained by women who have one or more children.[6]

• Forty-two percent of women obtaining abortions have incomes below 100% of the federal poverty level ($10,830 for a single woman with no children).

• Twenty-seven percent of women obtaining abortions have incomes between 100-199% of the federal poverty level.* [6]

• The reasons women give for having an abortion underscore their understanding of the responsibilities of parenthood and family life. Three-fourths of women cite concern for or responsibility to other individuals; three-fourths say they cannot afford a child; three-fourths say that having a baby would interfere with work, school or the ability to care for dependents; and half say they do not want to be a single parent or are having problems with their husband or partner.[7]

Source

Do you people honestly think Planned Parenthood is targeting people because of their race? I think there is a crazed attack on Planned Parenthood (abortion is 3% of everything that it does) and facts won't be allowed to get in the way of said attack.
    “We do not believe in God because we need to explain this or that feature of the world. That is what science is for. We believe in God because we see something deeper in the world, something that transcends the scientific explanations.” - Karl Giberson Ph.D.

Some of the Evidence for Climate Change

The Biologos Foundation - The science and faith of theistic evolution explained.

What Darwin Never Knew

Thread Information