User Tag List

Page 7 of 89 FirstFirst ... 456789101757 ... LastLast

Thread: The Myth of saying that Jesus Christ died for all men without exception !

Precariously balanced on top of a mineshaft
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 4,708 Posts

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nang View Post
    Well you summarize a conclusion that does not accord with what Scripture teaches. You claim God supposedly wills to show His "justice to the elect." Nowhere does Scripture teach that.
    Ok then. Who is this 'justice' *shown to*? The unregenerate? Those that can't 'see' because of a condition passed down through Adam?

You speak of fatalism. I speak of divine means that save sinners.

Men hearing the word of the gospel is the power that saves sinners, and God has ordained the Gospel message be proclaimed by those who already have been regenerated to new spiritual life by His grace.
    Well, that's pretty much what your doctrine amounts to Nang. Whether you witness or not it's only a preordained elect that are 'saved' anyway so it matters not what you do. You say 'Men hearing the word of the gospel' is the power to save but only if they're already 'picked' to understand and receive grace. So it's a formality.....
    Well this is fun isn't it?

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Concerning the question, "Did Christ Die for everyone, or just some?'

I remember when I surrendered myself to God, I truly believed that a miracle had taken place, and that I had been born again! That God was present in my life and that He loved me, and I sensed His invisible presence, around me and others.

Within a few months time I was despondent and quaking in fear that I was not truly saved, because of what I was reading in the Bible about two topics; Election and the unpardonable sin. One of my new friends in my new Church was a devote Calvinist, who was the most confident person, in his own salvation, that I had ever met. To him it was the greatest doctrine ever discovered. We have nothing to do with our own salvation. God decided who he was going to save, before he created a single one of us. Therefore there was nothing we could do to gain it, and more importantly to him; absolutely nothing he could do to lose it. He had not a care, or a worry in the world. He was absolutely bulletproof and fearless.

I, on the other hand, took the contrary position. If God chose who was going to be saved, and, what if he did not choose me, then there is absolutely, positively, and eternally, nothing I could do to change His mind, and get Him to save me. And I definitely still needed to be saved, because...........

I had discovered this dreadful verse that said..."he who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him, but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit it will not be forgiven him, either in this age, or in the age to come."

Several years earlier I had done exactly that. When the woman I had planned to marry, confessed she cheated on me, and denied ever having "really" loved me. I snapped. That night in a rage, I cursed her, myself, and all three members of the trinity, with vile words, and oaths. I wanted to die. I wanted to be destroyed. I wanted to destroy God, with my words.

Putting together what I had done, on that night years ago, with this new knowledge that God chooses the elect, I was certain there was no way that I could possibly be one of them, because of what that verse says. An elect person could never commit the unpardonable sin, and blaspheme the Holy Spirit, and I already had. There was no way out of it!

No one could console me. Not my pastor, not my wife, certainly not this friend, or any other friend.

But, this is how I survived almost committing suicide, from my position of hopelessness.

I reasoned with God in this way. Dear Father, if I am not one of the elect, and you do indeed hate me, as Esau was hated by you; I will not take my life, but you who create life and can cause death, you can take my life whenever you see fit. Therefore I leave my life, and my death, in your hands, and not mine. It is not my right to take my own life, it is yours, if you so choose..........Father, I believe I have committed a sin which you in your own Word, say that you will never forgive. My pastor assures me that I am wrong in my understanding. Whether he, or I, am right, I simply ask you to forgive me of this sin, as you have forgiven me of all others. Your forgiveness and your mercy is my only hope. If you spare my life, I will live on, in the hope of your future forgiveness and your mercy.

Just as the prophet said to Ninevah, " Forty days and Ninevah shall be destroyed " The king reasoned what have we got to lose by repenting, perhaps he will yet forgive us, and the word of the Lord will not come to pass. So did I repent of my blasphemy, and asked forgiveness for the unpardonable sin, and my lack of being one of the elect. After all, what did I possibly have to lose???

I write this long testimony tonight, to give faith and boldness to anyone who may be a new believer and reading this thread, which states that Christ's death and God's forgiveness is not for everyone.

Fear not, even if that lie, were true, throw yourself upon the mercy of God, for He is gracious and far more merciful than anyone on this forum, or even in this whole world, can possibly realize and understand.

I am still here, 24 years later, and understand God much better now than I did then, and much better than my friend did.
    Last edited by Todah; November 5th, 2010 at 05:57 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 21,630 Times in 11,878 Posts

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by godrulz View Post
    Romans 1-3 All men are without excuse and universally condemned because God has made Himself plain and known.

"He is there and He is not silent" -Francis Schaeffer
    Good book, GR. It along with his others are read and reread by me.

Thanks

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Todah View Post
    Concerning the question, "Did Christ Die for everyone, or just some?'

I remember when I surrendered myself to God, I truly believed that a miracle had taken place, and that I had been born again! That God was present in my life and that He loved me, and I sensed His invisible presence, around me and others.

<snip>

I write this long testimony tonight, to give faith and boldness to anyone who may be a new believer and reading this thread, which states that Christ's death and God's forgiveness is not for everyone.

Fear not, even if that lie, were true, throw yourself upon the mercy of God, for He is gracious and far more merciful than anyone on this forum, or even in this whole world can possibly realize and understand.

I am still here 24 years later, and understand God much better now than I did then, and much better than my friend did.
    Good post and testimony Todah. I've encountered many people that have been convinced that they had commited the 'unpardonable sin'. It's sad that clarity on this matter is so lacking in many churches today. I'm sorry for your torment but I'm sure that what you've been through makes GOD's amazing grace that much more amazing.
    Thanks!

Rev 22:17 The Spirit and the bride say, "Come." And let the one who hears say, "Come." And let the one who is thirsty come; let the one who wishes take the water of life without cost.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,766 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gr

He is the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world.
    Correct, and that world is made righteous, because its sins are gone before God..
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

Charles Spurgeon !

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

steko:

Jesus is the potential Saviour of all people.
    Thats your jesus, The Jesus I serve is the Saviour of the World..

Charles Spurgeon !

Precariously balanced on top of a mineshaft
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 4,708 Posts

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    steko:

:squint:

No He isn't. He's the saviour of a select few namely your 'beloved' elect and no more.
    Well this is fun isn't it?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Brain View Post
    :squint:

No He isn't. He's the saviour of a select few namely your 'beloved' elect and no more.
    The world of the elect..

Charles Spurgeon !

Thanks

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

steko:

Joh 1:11 He came to his own, and his own people did not receive him.
    Joh 1:12 But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God,

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The world of the elect..
    Scripture twisting/revisionism. The Johannine use of world is the unregenerate world, not the elect. Calvinism must import its own definitions to retain a preconceived view that is wrong.
    Know God and make Him known! (YWAM)

They said: "Where is the God of Elijah?"
    I say: "Where are the Elijahs of God?" (Ravenhill "Why Revival Tarries")

Rev. 1:17, 18; Jer. 9:23, 24

"No Compromise!" (Keith Green)

The Pledge: He died for me; I'll live for Him.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by steko View Post
    Joh 1:11 He came to his own, and his own people did not receive him.
    Joh 1:12 But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God,
    The Elect. Thats who received Him and Believed on His Name. Those that had been predestinated to the Adoption of Children by Jesus Christ. eph 1:

4According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

5Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

So those have a right to become [ manifested] as Children of God !

Charles Spurgeon !

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Corporate, conditional, in Christ election is the key, not individual, unconditional, apart from Christ.
    Know God and make Him known! (YWAM)

They said: "Where is the God of Elijah?"
    I say: "Where are the Elijahs of God?" (Ravenhill "Why Revival Tarries")

Rev. 1:17, 18; Jer. 9:23, 24

"No Compromise!" (Keith Green)

The Pledge: He died for me; I'll live for Him.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This message is deleted and closed.
    Last edited by ThePresbyteers; November 25th, 2010 at 06:08 AM.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

blackbird:

So all our behavior is a result of God calling the shots?
    Yes. God has made some of us as vessels of wrath to be fitted for destruction Rom 9:20-22

20Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?

21Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

22What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

God most certainly did not Love these creatures with an everlasting Love through Jesus Christ, and most certainly He did not send His Beloved Son into the World to save them from their sins.
    Last edited by beloved57; August 27th, 2013 at 10:07 PM.

Charles Spurgeon !

Rookie
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1 Jn 2:2, 1 Tim 2:4,6, Rom 11:32
    Biblical Means Catholic. God is Infinitely Merciful

Thread Information