Here's why Trump wants us all to go back to work

Arthur Brain

Use your favorite search engine and search using the following terms: online, democrat, activists. You just might be amazed by the results you get. You might even further refine the search to include the word train or trained. Or use Soros in place of democrat although many of the activist groups he funds operate in the Democrat orbit and his name is difficult to dig up sometimes.

"Online democrat activists"?!

:rotfl:

eider

"Online democrat activists"?!

:rotfl:

Love it.........
Here a website about democrat activists.
The evil beggars! They want Jobs, Justice, Healthcare and education..... the wicked devils.......
What a dreadful list of Satanic ideas as these........ not.
[h=3]The Aggressive Progressives - Join Us! - democrats.com[/h] Democrats.com is the original online community of progressive activists, with over 3 million supporters. We fight for jobs, justice, healthcare, education, the ...

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Love it.........
Here a website about democrat activists.
The evil beggars! They want Jobs, Justice, Healthcare and education..... the wicked devils.......
What a dreadful list of Satanic ideas as these........ not.
[h=3]The Aggressive Progressives - Join Us! - democrats.com[/h] Democrats.com is the original online community of progressive activists, with over 3 million supporters. We fight for jobs, justice, healthcare, education, the ...

How dare they!

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Well no, in relation it's an appropriate comparison. To spell it out, I put as much credence in you calling someone a "freak show" as I would someone from Westboro calling me a nutter. That is to say, none. The theological differences are entirely irrelevant to the point. To put it even simpler, I'd respect their opinions as much as I do yours where it comes to critiquing intellect and the like.
You are lying.

You're intentionally making a fallacious argument by making the comparison, even if the argument is only designed to convince yourself.

The fact is that there is pretty close to nothing that I hold in common with anyone associated with Westboro Baptist. They are lunatics and an embarrassment to Christianity, not because they are Christians, which I very much doubt, but because they call themselves that in order to convince themselves that they're in the right and in so doing they hand you a weapon against real Christians that you are only too happy to use and, as a result, of the two of us, it is you that hold something intellectually in common with Westboro.

The above, bizarre rant negates that claim...
Saying it doesn't make it so. There was no rant and there hasn't been anything bizarre about a word I've said.

Things don't become true because you formulate an opinion about it. Things aren't bizarre because you don't like it or haven't the capacity to understand it, much less refute it.

What exactly do you think you're "dishing out" exactly? I don't need a "safe space" thanks and certainly not from you. Why on earth would I?

:AMR:
The thread and everyone word I've said is still here for you to read. I'm not interested in holding your hand through a perfectly clear exchange.

Oh, you can be assured that's never been a thought of mine...
Then your statement had no meaning.

Wow, if you believe that then you probably bought his excuse of sarcasm after his bonkers briefing about the possibility of putting UV light and disinfectant into the body to cure Covid-19...

You wanna make excuses for the clown then you go ahead. However, you were shown the evidence and unfortunately it's not much fun watching Trump or his mindless supporters...
No, he wasn't being sarcastic. That was a dumb thing for him to have said. What he was doing was thinking out loud. He's a man of action and when he hears that UV light and various disinfectants kill this virus, his mind goes straight to how can we apply this to help people with the disease. He was not suggesting that anyone be injected with Lysol or bleach, he was simply asking whether there was a way to do inside the body what those things do to the virus outside the body.

Incidentally, there are already therapies that have to do with introducing UV light inside the human body, including the lungs. Its been around for a long time as have devices that are used to disinfect the air using UV light. I have one installed in my own air conditioner.

Clete

Arthur Brain

You are lying.

You're intentionally making a fallacious argument by making the comparison, even if the argument is only designed to convince yourself.

The fact is that there is pretty close to nothing that I hold in common with anyone associated with Westboro Baptist. They are lunatics and an embarrassment to Christianity, not because they are Christians, which I very much doubt, but because they call themselves that in order to convince themselves that they're in the right and in so doing they hand you a weapon against real Christians that you are only too happy to use and, as a result, of the two of us, it is you that hold something intellectually in common with Westboro.

No, I'm not and I explained the reasons as to why. I have as much respect for the opinions of someone from Westboro where it comes to criticising intellectual capacity as I do your own, which is to say none whatsoever. Your theological differences are entirely besides the point and completely irrelevant.

Saying it doesn't make it so. There was no rant and there hasn't been anything bizarre about a word I've said.

Oh, to you I'm sure it was all perfectly normal.

Things don't become true because you formulate an opinion about it. Things aren't bizarre because you don't like it or haven't the capacity to understand it, much less refute it

Things don't become true because you assert them either. Your rants about "leftists" and "liberalism" being a "mental disorder" are just intellectually dishonest and chock full of ignorance and hyperbole. If I were to pigeonhole "conservatives" into some silly, ill thought out bracket it would be just as dishonest, ignorant and irrational.

The thread and everyone word I've said is still here for you to read. I'm not interested in holding your hand through a perfectly clear exchange.

I'm not interested in you "holding my hand" through anything Clete, I'm interested in you answering the question which you haven't. What you think you're dishing out is hardly anything new and nobody would need a "safe space" from it by the same token.

Then your statement had no meaning.

Eh? Sure it did. I've never thought that you post on here for my benefit or enjoyment and you haven't disappointed...

No, he wasn't being sarcastic. That was a dumb thing for him to have said. What he was doing was thinking out loud. He's a man of action and when he hears that UV light and various disinfectants kill this virus, his mind goes straight to how can we apply this to help people with the disease. He was not suggesting that anyone be injected with Lysol or bleach, he was simply asking whether there was a way to do inside the body what those things do to the virus outside the body.

Incidentally, there are already therapies that have to do with introducing UV light inside the human body, including the lungs. Its been around for a long time as have devices that are used to disinfect the air using UV light. I have one installed in my own air conditioner.

Clete

Quite, indeed he wasn't. He meant it and his attempts to extricate himself from the ensuing debacle were about as dumb as his original comments at the briefing. He's not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed and if you can acknowledge the above then you should have no difficulty in acknowledging that he certainly did have the intent of opening the economy up by Easter. Fair enough in regards to your latter but that isn't what Trump was suggesting and he did indeed suggest the possibility of disinfectant by injection.

Arthur Brain

I don't know. :think:

No really good reason probably. Just a way to pass the time I suppose.

One of these days the ignore feature might be modified where even quoted posts are invisible, else the poster you've quoted is in no position to call anyone else a troll or an idiot and then some...

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
One of these days the ignore feature might be modified where even quoted posts are invisible, else the poster you've quoted is in no position to call anyone else a troll or an idiot and then some...

Well, it's not as if he's wrong, Arthur.

You are what you are. Own it or do something about it but don't whine when someone states the truth.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
No, I'm not and I explained the reasons as to why.
The explanation is the lie you tell yourself, Arthur.

I have as much respect for the opinions of someone from Westboro where it comes to criticising intellectual capacity as I do your own, which is to say none whatsoever. Your theological differences are entirely besides the point and completely irrelevant.
The problem for you is that these discussions are public. Not only that but they are all still here for the whole world to read.

And the fact that you find their theological differences irrelevant is proof that you are, in fact, lying! Westboro would be completely and totally unknown except for their doctrine! If they didn't claim to be Christians, no one would have ever written a report about them and you would have never heard of them. You use them for the same intentionally dishonest reason that the press used them. They used them to say that Christianity is stupid, you bought that line and therefore declare me stupid because I'm a Christian.

It's a dishonest tactic that you are employing on purpose and everyone knows it, including you. Your every denial only compounds the lie.

Oh, to you I'm sure it was all perfectly normal.
It seems all you can do is lie.

I've said nothing that could in any way be taken as bizarre.

THE WHOLE THREAD IS STILL HERE, ARTHUR!!!

Things don't become true because you assert them either.
PRECISELY!!!

Your rants about "leftists" and "liberalism" being a "mental disorder" are just intellectually dishonest and chock full of ignorance and hyperbole.
Then refute it or shut up.

Do you contend that liberalism is rational?

If I were to pigeonhole "conservatives" into some silly, ill thought out bracket it would be just as dishonest, ignorant and irrational.
You mean like associating me with Westboro?

And yes, it would be irrational because conservatism (more accurately "the right" - which Donald Trump is definitely not a member of, by the way) is definitely rational, at least in principle if not always in practice.

I'm not interested in you "holding my hand" through anything Clete,
Then what you said had no meaning.

I'm interested in you answering the question which you haven't. What you think you're dishing out is hardly anything new and nobody would need a "safe space" from it by the same token.
I will not do your homework, Arthur. The whole thread is still here and it's easy enough to read and understand my posts.

Eh? Sure it did. I've never thought that you post on here for my benefit or enjoyment and you haven't disappointed...
You wouldn't have said what you said otherwise. It was the implied premise of your comment. Without the premise, which you have denied twice now, your comment falls apart. Thanks for refuting your own points for me! I appreciate it!

Quite, indeed he wasn't. He meant it and his attempts to extricate himself from the ensuing debacle were about as dumb as his original comments at the briefing.
This is just another form of lying, Arthur.

Anyone who watched the conference knows that he was not suggesting that anyone be injected with disinfectant. You know it and everyone else knows it.

He's not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed and if you can acknowledge the above then you should have no difficulty in acknowledging that he certainly did have the intent of opening the economy up by Easter.
No, he definitely did not.

Fair enough in regards to your latter but that isn't what Trump was suggesting and he did indeed suggest the possibility of disinfectant by injection.
No, he flat out did not!

You leftists are stupid, especially when it comes to this president who is just running circles around you.

Hope your ready for another four years!

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
You leftists are stupid, especially when it comes to this president who is just running circles around you.

Can you imagine being this obsessed with another country's leader?

chair

I can if that leader is the POTUS because when the US sneezes, the rest of the world catches a cold.

This is true. The free world looks to the US as a leader, so of course they are interested in the President. Also, since the US is such a large country, Americans tend to look inwards more than the citizens of other countries do. I am saying this as somebody who grew up in the US but now lives 'overseas'.

Arthur Brain

The explanation is the lie you tell yourself, Arthur.

The problem for you is that these discussions are public. Not only that but they are all still here for the whole world to read.

And the fact that you find their theological differences irrelevant is proof that you are, in fact, lying! Westboro would be completely and totally unknown except for their doctrine! If they didn't claim to be Christians, no one would have ever written a report about them and you would have never heard of them. You use them for the same intentionally dishonest reason that the press used them. They used them to say that Christianity is stupid, you bought that line and therefore declare me stupid because I'm a Christian.

It's a dishonest tactic that you are employing on purpose and everyone knows it, including you. Your every denial only compounds the lie.

Um, I'm aware that these discussions are public Clete, I've been posting on here for 14 years so what, did you think I thought we were having a private conversation? There is no lying going on on my part and that you want to go on some bizarre rant about Westboro is up to you but it's completely irrelevant to my initial response to you. Being called a "freak show" by the likes of you is like being called a nutter by that particular clan. It has nothing to do with Christianity or trying to make Christianity look stupid. It's about the amount of respect I have for your opinions of intellectual acuity as I would theirs, none. How could it be any clearer?

It seems all you can do is lie.

I've said nothing that could in any way be taken as bizarre.

THE WHOLE THREAD IS STILL HERE, ARTHUR!!!

How was I lying? I said that to you it probably seemed perfectly normal which is true isn't it? I don't expect you to see anything you write as a rant.

Um, yes, the threads still here Clete. What, was it going to evaporate or something?

:AMR:

PRECISELY!!!

Then refute it or shut up.

Do you contend that liberalism is rational?

There's nothing to refute. It's the kind of silly soundbite that has no foundation to it and devoid of any sort of intellectual honesty. Where it comes to "liberalism" then just as with conservatism there's a broad spectrum of differing opinions and beliefs, some of which overlap on occasion. People can't be compartmentalized into some silly little box.

You mean like associating me with Westboro?

And yes, it would be irrational because conservatism (more accurately "the right" - which Donald Trump is definitely not a member of, by the way) is definitely rational, at least in principle if not always in practice.

The Westboro stuff has been addressed already and above, your projection and blowing it out of all proportion notwithstanding. I don't "associate" you with them or Hyper Calvinism. It would all depend what principles you refer to as some on the far right advocate nonsense like executing people for being gay and the like. There's some nuttery on the far left as well to be fair but that's kinda the point. Rational people aren't to the extreme of either. Trump swings whichever way that looks favourable for him (not that he's managed it much recently) so he's neither left nor right but just self serving.

Then what you said had no meaning.

I will not do your homework, Arthur. The whole thread is still here and it's easy enough to read and understand my posts.

Um, yeah, again, so it is. Again, nobody needs a safe space from you or your posts. Why on earth would they? Get a grip.

You wouldn't have said what you said otherwise. It was the implied premise of your comment. Without the premise, which you have denied twice now, your comment falls apart. Thanks for refuting your own points for me! I appreciate it!

No, it really wasn't and it doesn't. Your reading things that aren't there are not my problem. If you don't like that then go find a safe space and a cuddly toy to curl up with. (See how stupid that type of stuff is now?)

his is just another form of lying, Arthur.

Anyone who watched the conference knows that he was not suggesting that anyone be injected with disinfectant. You know it and everyone else knows it.

Then you weren't paying attention. He most certainly did suggest disinfectant by injection and if "everyone else knows otherwise" then why did several companies suddenly feel obliged to go on the net and advise that under no circumstances should such products be injected or ingested? Why did Trump try to squirm out of it by claiming sarcasm? The salient part of the briefing is there for all to see so there's no lying going on here but there sure will be on your part if you persist with that line.

No, he definitely did not.

Yes, he did and it's dishonest of you to even try and argue otherwise. I suppose he doesn't "really mean" any of his crazy tweets as well, right?

No, he flat out did not!

Yes, he did, fact. And please, Trump couldn't run in a circle never mind around anyone else. He's a worldwide laughing stock and the sad thing is it wouldn't remotely surprise me if he does get a second term in office. Hopefully sanity will prevail but no guarantee.

Last edited: