LA doctor says hydroxychloroquine treatment cures coronavirus in 8 to 12 hours.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
It's a feeble defence as it was obvious that he was being sincere (for want of a better word) about these measures. There's just been a report over here on the BBC where they've shown the segment of the briefing and the reporters bemusement as to how he could possibly claim sarcasm over them. Sarcasm doesn't work that way, it's obvious unless you're Sheldon Cooper...
Now that the White House has introduced the "sarcasm" defense, it has literally pulled the rug out from under the arguments being promoted by Trump supporters in this Forum with this President finally admitting to making those same statements that they have so vehemently denied!

Trump supporters are certainly gluttons for punishment!

Given this "Stable Genius'" newly discovered aptitude for sarcasm the middle of a pandemic, perhaps this President could be persuaded to broaden his repertoire by entertaining the nation with a stand-up comedy routine to celebrate when COVID-19 deaths reach 75000 or 100000!

Arthur Brain

Now that the White House has introduced the "sarcasm" defense, it has literally pulled the rug out from under the arguments being promoted by Trump supporters in this Forum now that this President has admitted to making the statements that they have so vehemently denied!

Given this "Stable Genius'" newly discovered aptitude for humor in the middle of a pandemic, perhaps this President could be persuaded to entertain the nation with a stand-up comedy routine to celebrate when COVID-19 deaths reach 75000 or 100000!

Sarcasm is pointed, it's obvious. What's also obvious is that he wasn't being sarcastic and nobody is buying that as a defence apart from the most ardent Trumpsters perhaps. It backfires because this was a briefing regarding a pandemic, not a platform for any sort of "humour" and his support staff must be doing cartwheels by now.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Now that the White House has introduced the "sarcasm" defense, it has literally pulled the rug out from under the arguments being promoted by Trump supporters in this Forum now that this President has admitted to making the statements that they have so vehemently denied!

my argument has always been to provide the transcript of his remarks

it still is

Trump: ...a question that probably some of you are thinking of if you’re totally into that world, which I find to be very interesting. So, supposedly when we hit the body with a tremendous, whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light, and I think you said that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going to test it. And then I said supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. And I think you said you’re going to test that too. Sounds interesting, right? And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that so that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me. So, we’ll see, but the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute. That’s pretty powerful. Steve, please.

https://www.rev.com/blog/transcripts...cript-april-23

and to point out that the left, including the MSM, being insane, retarded and suffering from TDS hears:

Trump: You should all inject bleach into your veins! And bask under UV lamps!

... perhaps this President could ...

MY President, Canadian

worry about your own leaders

ok doser

Sarcasm is pointed, it's obvious. What's also obvious is that he wasn't being sarcastic and nobody is buying that as a defence apart from the most ardent Trumpsters perhaps. It backfires because this was a briefing regarding a pandemic, not a platform for any sort of "humour" and his support staff must be doing cartwheels by now.

Fine, English, believe what you want.

If you don't like Trump, don't vote for him in November.

I plan to and it looks likely that a majority of my fellow countrymen (which excludes you and jgarden and eider) will as well

Four more years :)

eider

eider - you have no stake in this - neither Obama or Trump were/are your national leader

and yet you have allowed yourself to be made to believe that Trump's garbled ramblings are important to you - you and artie and jgarden have all allowed yourself to believe this, because of the leftist MSM, the telly at whose teat you suckle every day

You will, of course, deny this.

You don't get to decide how much interest the world does or does not take in your Presidents.

Your very eccentric refusal to have a TV in your home is just very very strange since you do have masses of other IT and media equipment.

Do you live alone now? I'm guessing that you do.
It begins to look as if you are a real oddball, imo.

eider

eider - you have no stake in this - neither Obama or Trump were/are your national leader

and yet you have allowed yourself to be made to believe that Trump's garbled ramblings are important to you - you and artie and jgarden have all allowed yourself to believe this, because of the leftist MSM, the telly at whose teat you suckle every day

You will, of course, deny this.

You don't get to decide how much interest the world does or does not take in your Presidents.

Television is an impartial and very useful media instrument, no less than your radio or IT equipment.

It's decades since I knew any who refused to watch a TV. Do you live alone now? I suspect that you might. It's all very oddball, imo.

Arthur Brain

Your very eccentric refusal to have a TV in your home is just very very strange since you do have masses of other IT and media equipment.

Do you live alone now? I'm guessing that you do.
It begins to look as if you are a real oddball, imo.

Precisely. What happens in America is of interest to the rest of the world and especially with this current clown in office.

ok doser

of course I never suggested any such thing

and it's to be expected, as we are the greatest country in the World :)

it's just peculiar to encounter foreign nationals like you and artie and jgarden who have such a visceral, emotional, irrational hatred for another country's leader, to the point where you discuss him every day

I can't imagine having that kind of emotional investment in a Merkel or a Trudeau or even a Thatcher

I do have a strong connection to Churchhill, but that's 'cause he's family :)

Your very eccentric refusal to have a TV in your home

not so eccentric - it's a growing trend - google it

is just very very strange since you do have masses of other IT and media equipment.

"masses"??? :freak:

I have a cell phone and a laptop and a boombox radio/cassette player

oh yes, another radio in the car

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Trump has obviously given up on hydroxychloroquine, hence his current nonsensical ramblings about bright lights and disinfectants.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned

Its being reported that this President's advisers all realized immediately that this was a potential political "firestorm" but even after 16 hours the White House still couldn't get all its ducks in a row!

While Trump's Press Secretary claimed that he had been misquoted with no mention of sarcasm, it was the President who introduced the sarcasm excuse!

There are times in the life of every politician when its best just to swallow one's pride and admit your mistakes - where Donald Trump is concerned that's never going to happen and he will continue to bluff and bully his way even when the whole world knows he's lying!

ok doser

Its being reported that this President's advisers all realized immediately that this was a potential political "firestorm" but even after 16 hours they still couldn't get their excuses straight!

Trump's Press Secretary claimed that he had been misquoted with no mention of sarcasm while it was the President who introduced the sarcasm excuse!

so I guess you two foreign nationals won't be voting for Trump in November?

Arthur Brain

Its being reported that this President's advisers all realized immediately that this was a potential political "firestorm" but even after 16 hours they still couldn't get their excuses straight!

Trump's Press Secretary claimed that he had been misquoted with no mention of sarcasm while it was the President who introduced the sarcasm excuse!

He can't be misquoted when the actual briefing is there for anyone to watch. The whole media spin angle was never going to work in relation so it was likely desperation time. Sarcasm as an excuse is probably about the "best" anyone could come up with as feeble as that is. It's blatantly obvious he wasn't being and I doubt Dr Birx got much sleep last night...

ok doser

He can't be misquoted when the actual briefing is there for anyone to watch.

even better, you can find the actual transcript from multiple sources!

Trump: ...a question that probably some of you are thinking of if you’re totally into that world, which I find to be very interesting. So, supposedly when we hit the body with a tremendous, whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light, and I think you said that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going to test it. And then I said supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. And I think you said you’re going to test that too. Sounds interesting, right? And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that so that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me. So, we’ll see, but the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute. That’s pretty powerful. Steve, please.

https://www.rev.com/blog/transcripts...cript-april-23

way 2 go

If there was nothing wrong with Trump's briefing in your opinion then why is he suddenly trying to claim it was all sarcasm? It obviously wasn't and surely you're not buying into that excuse? Or are you?
do you have evidence of someone injecting themselves with bleach or drinking lysol as a cure for the wuhan ?

do you still think the women who murdered her husband with fish tank cleaner was an "accident" ?

ok doser

do you have evidence of someone injecting themselves with bleach or drinking lysol as a cure for the wuhan ?

do you still think the women who murdered her husband with fish tank cleaner was an "accident" ?

he must think the average american is dumber than a box of...well.... a box of brits, lets say. Hard to get dumber than that.