Here's why Trump wants us all to go back to work

Right Divider

Body part
Well, no as they're not my "priests" so that's you inserting the emotive again. Ironic that you can't notice the...irony going on there. If the actual "facts" are so overwhelming then they'd be part of staple science and yet they're not. Possibly because they aren't?

Sorry to the OP. My last off-topic post in this thread.

It's ironic that you cannot see that you do have priests. Any "scientist" that you follow just because he/she is real smart is you following your priesthood. You have consistently, as I've said many times, used your fallacious reasoning instead of discussing a single fact.

You do not understand radiometric dating science OR the many assumptions that it is build upon. Instead...
  • Scientists agree....
  • So many scientists believe....
  • The consensus is....
  • So and so is real smart and they say....
  • etc. etc. etc.

Arthur Brain

Sorry to the OP. My last off-topic post in this thread.

It's ironic that you cannot see that you do have priests. Any "scientist" that you follow just because he/she is real smart is you following your priesthood. You have consistently, as I've said many times, used your fallacious reasoning instead of discussing a single fact.

You do not understand radiometric dating science OR the many assumptions that it is build upon. Instead...
  • Scientists agree....
  • So many scientists believe....
  • The consensus is....
  • So and so is real smart and they say....
  • etc. etc. etc.

Mine too in fairness as it's deflective and responding to such also is.

No, I don't. I recognize people who are cognizant in their given field and consistently provide detailed responses only to be met with the likes of what you dismiss on here. They know their stuff. They're not "priests" and nor would they would be so juvenile to even claim such a term or insult another by the same token. You've been shown science often enough and it's never and was never going to be enough to persuade you to at least think about things. At least not for now. You're too entrenched in a certain religious position that science can't penetrate but science itself will go on regardless. It's not the enemy of faith either even if you think it is.

eider

You've been answered coherently and on point multiple times. A lockdown doesn't mean that people can't leave their homes for what should be obvious reasons. To go out for shopping, exercise once a day, emergency medical needs, also other things like delivering shopping to those who are unable to leave their homes or providing care for someone while observing safety measures. There isn't a ban on people leaving their homes. There are restrictions on the reasons why people can do so. Having a party in a park. Having a house party, sunbathing in a field for hours on end etc. How much clearer does this need to be spelled out? The police have powers to break up any kind of social gathering or send people home who are outside for reasons that obviously aren't in compliance with the lackdown measures as outlined above and can also issue fines accordingly.

Clear now?

Hi.....
I don't think some members really grasp just how the majority of the UK public is coming together to keep our lockdown and isolation laws. Generally speaking we seem to be united regardless of politics. Almost every home around here has a 'Staying at home' poster showing in a front window, and when I go shopping I am most impressed by everybody, and I notice how they acknowledge each other as they pass by in store aisles, and give way to other people etc.

I think that most of us realise that if we relax our discipline over lockdown that this virus can take off and race out of control, in which case everything that we have done so far would be lost, wasted.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I recognize people who are cognizant in their given field and consistently provide detailed responses ...

They know their stuff.

IOW, you seek out people who support your pre-conceived notions and offer them as support for your beliefs without even attempting to understand the science behind the argument or the points that are under discussion

see: confirmation bias

and

argumentum ab auctoritate

Arthur Brain

Hi.....
I don't think some members really grasp just how the majority of the UK public is coming together to keep our lockdown and isolation laws. Generally speaking we seem to be united regardless of politics. Almost every home around here has a 'Staying at home' poster showing in a front window, and when I go shopping I am most impressed by everybody, and I notice how they acknowledge each other as they pass by in store aisles, and give way to other people etc.

I think that most of us realise that if we relax our discipline over lockdown that this virus can take off and race out of control, in which case everything that we have done so far would be lost, wasted.

Politics isn't so much of a divide over here. Can be at times but not so much. See any massive groups in cities flagrantly flouting lockdown laws and shouting for hair salons and the like to be open again like over the pond recently? Me neither.

ok doser

Politics isn't so much of a divide over here. Can be at times but not so much. See any massive groups in cities flagrantly flouting lockdown laws and shouting for hair salons and the like to be open again like over the pond recently? Me neither.

That's cause you guys are complacent little sheeples

Baaaaa

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
AMERICANS TRUST FAUCI, GOVERNORS OVER TRUMP ON CORONAVIRUS, POLLS SHOW
4/23/20

According to a Morning Consult poll of 1,991 registered voters conducted on April 18 and 19

- 71% of those surveyed said they would trust Fauci "a lot" or "some"if he advised ending the social distancing measures that most states have imposed to prevent the spread of SARS-CoV-2.

- 63%—said they either "strongly" or "somewhat" approved of both their state and local government's response to the pandemic

- of the registered voters surveyed, 59% said they would trust their governor "a lot" or "some,"compared with 31% who would trust their governor "not much" or "not at all."

- 40 percent who said they approved of the federal government's response.

- a majority of voters—52%—said they would not trust Trump
to varying degrees if he were to make the same recommendation.
- 11% said they would trust the president "not much," a significant plurality of 41% said they would not trust the president's word at all on the matter
- The same percentage of respondents also said they would rate Trump's handling of the Covid-19 pandemic as "poor."

- same survey also found that 80% of respondents support the stay-at-home orders that are still in effect in most states.

https://www.newsweek.com/americans-t...s-show-149980

************************************************** ************************************************** **************************************************
Here's why Trump wants us all to go back to work

A recent poll merely reinforces what those outside of the Trump "cult" already knew -

1) Despite 1 to 2 hours of unfiltered, daily, nationally-televised White House "briefings" during prime time, this President's approval ratings have actually declined - Trump is his own worst enemy!

2) Although the recent protests against the statewide "lockdowns" have been widely publicized and supported by the President, "..... 80% of respondents support the stay-at-home orders that are still in effect in most states."

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
NATO-summit.jpg

A president the world is laughing at': Joe Biden mocks Trump for Trudeau and Johnson hot mic video blasting that he's 'dangerously incompetent'
  • Former Vice President Joe Biden's campaign seized on the opportunity to release a campaign video to mock Trump on the back of the NATO hot mic video
  • French President Emmanuel Macron, British Prime Minister Boris Johnson and his Canadian counterpart Justin Trudeau are seen in the hot mic video
  • The trio appeared to be having a good laugh over Trump's appearance at the conference held in London this week
  • Biden's campaign fires back in a commercial that includes the footage, saying that Trump is 'a president the world is laughing at'
  • The ad finishes saying with Biden in a voice over saying Trump was 'dangerously incompetent and incapable', and that the US needs a 'leader the world respects'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...O-meeting.html

ok doser

'A president the world is laughing at': Joe Biden mocks Trump for Trudeau and Johnson hot mic video blasting that he's 'dangerously incompetent'
  • Former Vice President Joe Biden's campaign seized on the opportunity to release a campaign video to mock Trump on the back of the NATO hot mic video
  • French President Emmanuel Macron, British Prime Minister Boris Johnson and his Canadian counterpart Justin Trudeau are seen in the hot mic video
  • The trio appeared to be having a good laugh over Trump's appearance at the conference held in London this week
  • Biden's campaign fires back in a commercial that includes the footage, saying that Trump is 'a president the world is laughing at'
  • The ad finishes saying with Biden in a voice over saying Trump was 'dangerously incompetent and incapable', and that the US needs a 'leader the world respects'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...O-meeting.html

Joe Biden?

The 78 year old candidate with senile dementia who just about guarantees a second Trump term? :darwinsm:

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Joe Biden?

The 78 year old candidate with senile dementia who just about guarantees a second Trump term? :darwinsm:
In a Biden Administration, he would known if the White House Pandemic Council had been disbanded, and be aware of the name of the Director of the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority, which is responsible for the funding and designing clinical trials for vaccines and treatments aimed at preventing or treating COVID-19!

President Biden would not have allowed the Pandemic Committee to be been disbanded and he certainly would not be replacing the Administration's point man responsible for the funding and designing of clinical trials for vaccines and treatments aimed at preventing or treating COVID-19 because he placed science and medical ethics over promoting untested cures!

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Trump knows that a good economy would give his reelection campaign a big boost. He also knows that, per Italy's statistics, most of the fatalities from COVID-19 are elderly and infirm. Having weighed these two things on a scale, Trump has apparently come to the conclusion that the
lives of the elderly and infirm are worth risking (and losing) in exchange for an economy that is humming along normally and a Dow Index that is on the rise.
That's why he wants churches across the country to be full come Easter Sunday. Trump wants us to bulldoze past this coronavirus by spreading it all around on Easter. Whoever gets ill gets ill, and whoever dies dies, but just get that stock market back up as fast as possible. After all, the "greatest generation" took a bullet for us in WWII so they can take another one for us with the coronavirus, am I right Pres. Bone Spurs?

EUW7z9JWoAA8Yg-.jpg

The Wisconsin Republicans were more than willing to force that state's electorate out to vote in a Primary in the middle of a worldwide pandemic so we already know that they are prepared to sacrifice the lives of their neighbors as a means to achieve their political ends!

In Wisconsin there are now COVID-19 cases being reported by those who were forced to stand outside in the rain for hours on April 9th because they refused to allow Republican politicians "steal" the election by refusing to have the Primary deferred to a later date!

This shameful episode will go down in history as a blatant Republican attempt to deliberately place the lives of a conscientious electorate in jeopardy during a statewide pandemic "lockdown" as the price for exercising their constitutional rights!

That was over 2 weeks ago and there has been a deafening silence on this matter coming from the conservatives - perhaps we can now forgo the "crocodile tears" and endless lectures as to their supposed concern for the sanctity of human life!

Last edited:

ok doser

EUW7z9JWoAA8Yg-.jpg

The Wisconsin Republicans were more than willing to force that state's electorate out to vote in a Primary in the middle of a worldwide pandemic so we already know that they are prepared to sacrifice the lives of their neighbors as a means to achieve their political ends!

In Wisconsin there are now COVID-19 cases being reported by those who were forced to stand outside in the rain for hours on April 9th because they refused to allow Republican politicians "steal" the election by refusing to have the Primary deferred to a later date!

This shameful episode will go down in history as a blatant Republican attempt to deliberately place the lives of a conscientious electorate in jeopardy during a statewide pandemic "lockdown" as the price for exercising their constitutional rights!

That was over 2 weeks ago and there has been a deafening silence on this matter coming from the conservatives - perhaps we can now forgo the "crocodile tears" and endless lectures as to their supposed concern for the sanctity of human life!

You should use more exclamation marks!

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
Have you ever looked in a mirror? You are constantly looking for attention with this semantic foolishness. And yes, you have succeeded in getting on my nerves.

I like how you're always proudly advertising the fact that you have absolutely no concern about such elementary questions as whether of not you even mean anything by the words you say. It's funny that even your use of the word, "semantic", is wholly emotive.

Oh well. It would apparently be more difficult to get on the nerves of a rabid pit-bull than it is to get on your nerves.