User Tag List

Page 6 of 89 FirstFirst ... 34567891656 ... LastLast

Thread: The Atonement: What did it REALLY Accomplish?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,607 Times in 1,548 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His Sheep will know Him Savingly !

Jn 10:14

14I am the good shepherd, and[B] know my sheep[/B], and am known of mine.

Christ says, " I know my Sheep and am known of Mine" that is His Sheep will Know Him savingly !

Christ ensures us that all Christ's Sheep, those He lay down His Life for, shall come into a Saving Knowledge of Him. Jn 17:2-3

3And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

The word know is the same in Jn 10:14 and in Jn 17:3

It means an experiential knowing !

Christ death ensures a positive personal knowledge of Himself to all He died for, so Christ could say of them:

am known of mine !

The statement also ensures us that Christ knows experientially all those He died for !

So another conclusion we can derive from this saying of Christ is that those He shall yet say this to were never His own and He never died for Matt 7:23

23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

And since He never knew them, they never knew Him, even though they called Him Lord Lord..They knew another jesus, one of their own imagination !
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

Charles Spurgeon !

2. The Following User Says Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

Nanja (March 2nd, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Receiving the Atonement !

Rom 5:11

11And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

This means that those Christ died for, and reconciled to God objectively, they receive the benefits subjectively of Christ atoning death, by Him.. Thats because He is the living Testator that now lives and ensures that they become beneficiaries of His death's accomplishments for them.

So we receive it by Faith, Holy Spirit given Faith from New Birth, when we receive the Knowledge of the remission of sins. Lk 1:77

77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,

The Knowledge here is understanding, to give understanding of salvation to His People, much like 1 Jn 5:20

20And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

By the remission of sins, by that which comes through Jesus Christ, that which His blood gives to many ! Matt 26:28

28For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Also Acts 26:18

18To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

Or that they may receive the atonement. The atonement, reconciliation and propitiation are all the same and include the forgiveness of sins because of the blood of Christ !

This was something that the Apostles were to declare among the nations along with repentances, in Christ Name Lk 24:47

47And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached[declared or made known,not offered] in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

The word Preached here is the word kēryssō and means:

to publish, proclaim openly: something which has been done

This to publish is always in regards to things God has done, not what he might do or what He offers to do . Mk 5:20

20And he departed, and began to publish in Decapolis how great things Jesus had done for him: and all men did marvel.

Lk 8:39

39Return to thine own house, and shew how great things God hath done unto thee. And he went his way, and published throughout the whole city how great things Jesus had done unto him.

So Preaching repentance and remission of sins is not God offering anything, it is what God has done and accomplished for His People through the Person of Christ ! And all whom it pertains to will receive the Knowledge of it, thats receiving the Atonement !
    Last edited by beloved57; April 9th, 2012 at 11:51 AM.

Charles Spurgeon !

4. The Following User Says Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

Nanja (March 4th, 2018)

Over 4000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

I'll tell you what the Atonement really accomplished. First of all, we all must understand what was the atonement about, in order to understand what it has accomplished.

First of all, the Atonement was a prophecy to be fulfilled many years later. And, it constituted of two goats, on whose heads Aaron used to cast lots upon. One lot for the Lord and the other lot for the scapegoat. Then, Aaron would wait till verification of which goat the Lord's lot fell upon. Then, he would take that goat whose lot for the Lord had fallen upon and offered it for a sin offering. But the goat, on which the lot fell to be the scapegoat, was presented alive before the Lord to make an atonement for him, by being let go as a scapegoat into the wilderness toward the East. (Lev. 16:7-10)

Assyria was towards the East, beyond the desert whereto, every year this ritual was done as a prophecy to be fulfilled in Israel. Now, if you read Isaiah 9:8, the Lord sent a word (lot) into Jacob and it has lighted upon Israel. It is as if one was playing dice and the lot fell upon Israel rather than upon Judah. You need to understand that the two goats Aaron cast lots upon pointed to Israel and Judah. One was the goat for the Lord, which would remain to be offered as sin offering. This was Judah. The other, who was sent as a scapegoat into the desert towards the East was Israel, when this was conquered by the Assyrians and removed from the Land of Israel. That's the lot or word that was supposed to fall upon Judah and fell rather upon Israel. (Isa. 9:8) In other words, the Lord had rejected Israel which got lost in Assyria to disappear among the Gentiles and confirmed Judah to remain in Jerusalem forever. (Psalm 78:67-69) As Jeremiah says in 31:35-37, as long as the sun is for light in the sky by day, and the moon and the stars for lights by night.

Now, what did the Atonement that Israel made for Judah actually accomplish? If you read Isaiah 53:11,12, you will see that Israel was the Suffering Servant of Isaiah 53, and Israel was the one who made atonement for Judah by justifying "many," meaning those of Judah, by boring the sins of "many," meaning those of Judah. And with it, the
    prophecy had met its fulfillment in the atonement that Israel executed for Judah. Now, Israel is gone as the prophetic scapegoat sent to the east wilderness every year. Today, the festival is still celebrated, but in memory to a fulfilled prophecy. Albeit not by using two literal goats because the Temple has been destroyed.
    Ben

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ben

I'll tell you what the Atonement really accomplished.
    Your agenda is to be here and boast of the flesh. Gal 6:13

For neither they themselves who are circumcised keep the law; but desire to have you circumcised, that they may glory in your flesh

Phil 3:4-5

4Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:

5Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;

Charles Spurgeon !

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It causes Gospel obedience to those He died for !

Heb 5:9

9And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

The being made perfect here means by fulfilling every stipulation of the Everlasting Covenant of Grace, to include His obedience to death as per Phil 2:8; Rom 5:19, He became the Author of Eternal Salvation, to those obeying Him. This means His Perfect obedience causes their obedience. Evidence therefore of Christ having died for someone, is that they become obedient to the Gospel commands of God. The word obey in Heb 5:9 is the greek word hypakouō
    and means:

to listen, to harken

a) of one who on the knock at the door comes to listen who it is, (the duty of a porter)

2) to harken to a command

a) to obey, be obedient to, submit to

It means to harken to a command. Now what were the Gospel commands ?

One is Repentance ! Acts 17:30

30And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

This word commandeth in the greek is in the present tense, God through the preaching of the Apostles was commanding repentance from all whom Christ had died for. Not only was this just a bare command, but God because of Christ wrought their obedience in them through the Preaching of the Apostles !

Paul states in Rom 15:18

For I will not dare to speak of any of those things which Christ hath not wrought by me, to make the Gentiles obedient, by word and deed,

Christ wrought by Preaching the obedience of elect gentiles ! Thats why we have Heb 5:9 That Christ is the Author of Salvation to who ? Why those obeying Him, those obeying the Gospel, those who hearken to the command to repent ! Another Gospel command that they shall hearken to is to Believe on the name of the Son of God. 1 Jn 3:23

23And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

Again, Christ work, wroughts obedience to this command, in them whom He died for. He causes their obedience.

And He wroughts obedience in them to the command to Love one another, that is brotherly love.

Lets look at this command given by Christ to His disciples See Jn 13:34;15:12,17

Peter says in 1 Pet 1:22,23

Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: What did he base this on ? Vs 23

23Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Thats who the Gospel commands are for, those being born again. They are the ones who are commanded to Repent, to Believe, and to Love one another, and Christ is the Author of them obeying Him !
    Last edited by beloved57; April 9th, 2012 at 01:37 PM.

Charles Spurgeon !

8. The Following User Says Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

Nanja (March 4th, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heb 10:10,14

We know that Christ could not have offered Himself for every man without exception simply because, by His offering, meaning His Death, He hath #1 Sanctified them [those He offered Himself for] once and For All. Heb 10:10

10By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Now the writer of Hebrews says this about the accomplishment of Christ's death for those He died for, that it Sanctified them. The word sanctified here is the greek word hagiazō and it means:

1) to render or acknowledge, or to be venerable or hallow

2) to separate from profane things and dedicate to God

a) consecrate things to God

b) dedicate people to God

3) to purify

a) to cleanse externally

b) to purify by expiation: free from the guilt of sin

c) to purify internally by renewing of the soul

Christ's sacrifice, contrary to the sacrifice of the OT Offerings, which purified outwardly as Per Heb 9:12

13For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:

Neither did the OT sacrifices take away the guilt of sin Heb 10:1-4

1For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.

2For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.

3But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.

4For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

So, the Death or Offering of Christ far excelled the OT oblations for God's Chosen People, in that is #1 Took away the guilt of their sins, once and for all, and that it provides internal purification !

Now also the word sanctified here in Heb 10:10 is in the perfect tense in the greek ! The Perfect tense means:

an action which is viewed as having been completed in the past, once and for all, not needing to be repeated
    Now, this Truth should be believed by any who say they are Believers in God's Truth.

If this Truth is believed, then the other scriptures that appear to teach that Christ died for everyone in the world without exception, cannot be teaching that, unless all without exception have in fact been sanctified once and for all by the blood of Christ, and have had their sins guilt put away for good and have or will indeed experience an internal purification. If they do not, then the writer of hebrews has lied, and is proven to be a false witness. Also this Truth establishes the Eternal Security of all those Christ died for !
    Last edited by beloved57; April 16th, 2012 at 07:36 AM.

Charles Spurgeon !

10. The Following User Says Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

Nanja (March 6th, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We know that Christ could not have offered Himself for every man without exception simply because, by His offering, meaning His Death, He hath #1 Sanctified them [those He offered Himself for] once and For All. Heb 10:10

And #2 He hath perfected them forever by His Offering Heb 10:14

14For by one offering[His Death or Blood] he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

Now, If Christ's death hath perfected forever them that are being sanctified by His death VS10, then, that means everyone without exception hath been perfected before God by the Death of Christ. That word Perfected is the greek word teleioō and means:

to make perfect, complete

a) to carry through completely, to accomplish, finish, bring to an end

2) to complete (perfect)

a) add what is yet wanting in order to render a thing full

b) to be found perfect

3) to bring to the end (goal) proposed

4) to accomplish

a) bring to a close or fulfilment by event

1) of the prophecies of the scriptures

GWT With one sacrifice he accomplished the work of setting them apart for God forever.

WNT For by a single offering He has for ever completed the blessing for those whom He is setting free from sin.

WNB For by one offering he has perfected forever those who are being sanctified.

What is important to understand, is that this perfecting has been solely accomplished by Christ's ONE OFFERING !

This is why Paul says this Rom 5:19

19For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience[Offering] of one shall many be made righteous.

You see that ? Christ,s one act of obedience or His Offering shall make many righteous, which is connected with that being made perfect by His Offering in Heb 10:14 !

Now the word Perfect in Heb 10:14 is also a Perfect tense passive verb. Again the Perfect tense means:

"an action which is viewed as having been completed in the past, once and for all, not needing to be repeated "

Now unless every single individual in the world without exception has been Perfected forever by the Offering of Christ, meaning His Death, then He could not have offered Himself in behalf of every single individual in the world without exception, lest The writer of Hebrews has been a false witness. Either the writer of Hebrews is a False witness or those preaching Christ died for all without exception, which all without exception are being saved, are false witnesses !

Charles Spurgeon !

12. The Following User Says Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

Nanja (March 6th, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Propitiation 1 Jn 4:10

1 Jn 4:10

Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation[an appeasing] for our sins.

The word propitiation here as well as 1 Jn 2:2 is the greek word hilasmos and means:

an appeasing, propitiating

Our word appeases defined:

to bring to a state of peace, quiet, ease, calm, or contentment; pacify; soothe: to appease an angry king.

Christ death has accomplished Propitiation or Peace for all whom Christ died in the behalf of.

Col 1:20

And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

Or this scripture could very well read without doing no violence at all " and having made propitiation through through the blood of His Cross.

Peace, conciliation, pacific, are the results of Christ blood being shed !

Folks this is an accomplishment of the Death of Christ for all He died for. Now many false teachers appeal to 1 Jn 2:2 as a proof text that Christ died for everyone in the world without exception, even though that is no where stated in the text. John, a believer, a jew, a minister to the circumcision Gal 2:9

9And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

John therefore a jew and sent to the jews did write to believers who were of the circumcision, meaning ethnic jews, and he stated that Christ had been their or our propitiation our peace for our sins [believing jews] but not for ours only, meaning not for jewish believers only, but He is also the propitiation of believers in the whole world or it could be better understood, of believers amongst all Nations of the Earth, in fulfillment of Gen 12:3

3And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

You see, all the Families of the Earth means the whole wide world !

And that is what John means by, and not of ours only, but of the whole world.

Anyone whose sins have been propitiated, God is at peace with them through Jesus Christ, they can never perish for their sins, lest somehow Christ's blood becomes a non factor with God.. The believer does not present the Blood of Christ unto the Father, but Christ does ! And Christ forever intercedes in behalf of those He died for because of His Blood ! Rom 8:

33Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

34Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Heb 7:25

25Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

Heb 7:3

Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.

Heb 5:6

As he saith also in another place, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

Now, to whom and for whom is Christ a priest forever ? It's To God the Father, and its for all those He died for Rom 8:33-34

33Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

34Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Everyone Christ died for, He makes Intercession for, and His Blood has satisfied, propitiated the Father forever for them..

Charles Spurgeon !

14. The Following User Says Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

Nanja (March 7th, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It delivered us from wrath !

1 Thess 1:10

10And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.

Who is Paul speaking of here ? Lets look at vs 4-5

4Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God.

5For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake

He is writing to the Election of Grace. Those that Christ died for and rose again, and by that, He delivered God's Elect from the Wrath to come !

The wrath here is that vindicative punishment that the wicked, unbelievers will receive as Per Matt 25:46

And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

2 Thess 1:8

In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

Matt 25:41

41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

We know Christ could not have died for those whom He will yet say these words unto, for He calls them cursed !

Now all for whom Christ did die have been redeemed from the curse of the Law, Christ being made a curse in their room and stead Gal 3:13

13Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

The word for is the prep huper and means:

in behalf of, for the sake of

over, beyond, more than

more, beyond, over

So , for all those He died, God made Him a curse in behalf of them ! And this released them from the curse of the Law. Now the strength of sin being the law, no sin can they ever be condemned for ! He being made a curse for them, was their deliverance, their salvation from the wrath to come 1 Thess 5:9

9For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

Rom 5:9

Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

Charles Spurgeon !

16. The Following User Says Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

Nanja (March 13th, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It accomplished believers in Himself !

The Death of Christ, it accomplished for all those He died for, for them to become believers in Him, yes that was one of God's Purposes behind it. Jn 3:14-17

14And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

15That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

False teachers have made believing on Christ in these scriptures something man must do or perform as a condition to gain eternal life which is a lie, but believing on Christ is the purposed result and effect of the Death of Christ for all He died for and are believing [present tense] His death delivers them He died for from unbelief. The Holy Spirit applies the merits of Christ death [give life]upon all He died for, convincing them of sin [an effect of new birth] because by nature, they believe not on Him Jn 16:8-9

8And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

9Of sin, because they believe not on me;

Charles Spurgeon !

18. The Following User Says Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

Nanja (April 2nd, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gal 6:14

14But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

Paul makes a Christ Glorifying statement here about the Cross of Christ, One of it's many accomplishments and effects to them He died for. He states "by whom " meaning Christ, His Work, the world is crucified unto me, and I have been crucified unto the world. Notice that this was not by His Freewill, or His act of believing and so forth, but by a Person, Christ and His Cross accomplishment and effect for him

Paul boasted about the powerful effects of Christ crucified, something that is non existent in our day of Apostasy !

Paul is saying that the entire world system in all its Glory, but in opposition to God, is dead or destroyed in it's power to attract him; it has no influence or power over Paul, no appeal to him.And I to the world. Paul is similarly dead to the desires and attractions of the world, for he serves Christ as his new Master ESV Note on Gal 6:14
    This is largely due to the God Given Faith each person that Christ died for will receive by from the Holy Spirit at New Birth and this is overcoming Faith of the world 1 Jn 5:4

For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

This Faith is an effect of the Cross to all whom Christ died and imparts His Victory to !
    Last edited by beloved57; May 10th, 2012 at 11:15 PM.

Charles Spurgeon !

20. The Following User Says Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

Nanja (April 2nd, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More on Gal 6:14 What do you Glory in ?

14But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

The word Glory here is the greek word kauchaomai:

to glory (whether with reason or without)

2) to glory on account of a thing

3) to glory in a thing

It also is translated boast 2 Cor 7:14 or rejoice Phil 3:3

What do you and i boast in today ? How many of us truly boast of Glory in the Cross of Jesus Christ, His Person and Work and it's saving effects which are everlasting !

What I have observed of many of us is that we Glory not in The Person and Work of Christ and His Saving accomplishments for those He died, but in the flesh. Some of us by the teaching of the freewill of man, others by by our ethnicity, particularly ethnic jews. Yes ethnicity is of the flesh, and Paul stated this about having confidence in the flesh Phil 3:3-6

3For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

4Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:

5Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;

6Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless

Notice what Paul calls confidence and trust in the flesh in vs 5

#1 Circumcised the eighth day [flesh]

#2 Being of the Tribe of Benjamin [flesh]

#3 Of the people of Israel [flesh see Rom 9:8]

#4 being a hebrew of Hebrews [flesh]

#5 being a pharisee [flesh]

Remember what Jesus told a well established pharisee of highest rank Jn 3:6

6That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

#6 Religious zeal in vs 6 all religious zeal apart from a Spiritual Revelation of the Gospel is of the flesh !

#7 Good reputation for religion before men, being blameless before men in the sight of men without Gospel revelation is [the flesh]

Paul thought being circumcised as a full blooded jew, of the tribe of Benjamin, was a gain to him, the word gain is the greek word kerdos
    and means advantage.

He thought being an ethnic jew gave him advantage before God over other people who were not jewish. He thought it gave him advantage in having a relationship with God and salvation !

Many today think by being a ethnic jew that its an advantage, that it ensures special favor with God, even Salvation favor, this is confidence in the flesh, boasting in the flesh, no way around it !

That word confidence as confidence in the flesh Phil 3:3 also means trust, trusting in the flesh.

Like the pharisee Lk 18:9, this Pharisee would have trusted in the same things Paul did in Phil 3:5-6 and thats nothing more than trusting in ourselves, idolatry !

What is our Glory today ?

Charles Spurgeon !

22. The Following User Says Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

Nanja (April 4th, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Christ Promised success !

John 12:31-33

31Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.

32And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

33This he said, signifying what death he should die.

Also Isa 53:10

Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

Christ by His Death, His Work, ensures the Faith and Repentance [conversion] of all He died for, else He lied when He promised:

"And I, if I be lifted up[His Cross] from the earth, will draw all men unto me".

This said signifying what death [and effects] He should die, meaning He witnessed to the saving and converting effects it should have, which was foretold in Isa 53:10-11

10Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

11He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

Meaning He shall see the success and good issue of His Finished Work and see it convert sinners to God ! David wrote once Ps 51:13

Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.

Those He shall draw unto Himself because of His Death or having been lifted up from the Earth, are His Offspring Isa 53:10, and He shall see them return to God, and be satisfied. Peter preached this saving effect of Christ Death here 1 Pet 2:24-25

24Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

25For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

So Isa 53:10-11; Jn 12:31-33, and 1 Pet 2:24-25, all proclaim the same blessed Saving Truth of the Effects of Christ's Finished Saving Work of the Cross, anything different is a false gospel !

Charles Spurgeon !

24. The Following User Says Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

Nanja (April 4th, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Free from sin !

Rom 6:18,22

Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.

All for whom Christ died are made free from sin, that is just one of the many accomplishments of His Cross, and not the will of man !

Now, Paul is not saying that all whom Christ died are made free from sinning, that's impossible while we remain in these bodies of sin Rom 7:17-20 is the experience of every true Child of God:

17Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

18For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

19For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

20Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

Then how are those Christ died for free from sin ?

They are made free from the guilt of sin [consciously] by the blood of Christ. You see under the Old Covenant System,those sacrifices were not geared to remove the guilt of sin consciously, for it [guilt] would return and so offerings were made annually, but not so with Faith in Christ's blood, the guilt is purged Heb 9:9

9Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;

Heb 10:1-2

1For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.

2For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.

Heb 9:14

14How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

Those Christ died for will come to the realization by a work of the Holy Spirit, that their guilt for sin has been effectually dealt with by the blood of Christ !

Ps 103:10-12

10He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.

11For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him.

12As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

God given Faith rests in this fact !
    Last edited by beloved57; May 21st, 2012 at 06:28 AM.

Charles Spurgeon !

26. The Following User Says Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

Nanja (April 5th, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loosed from our sins !

Rev 1:5

5And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

All for whom Christ died washed them from their sins ! The word washed here is the greek word louō:

to bathe, wash

a) of a dead person

b) washing to cleanse blood out of wounds

Some older manuscripts translate the word to loose from our sins. That Ideal is seen with Paul here Rom 6:22

But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.

To be set free from sin is not to be made sinlessly perfect, but it means to be set free from unbelief !

This washing, and loosing and being made free from our sins, that is it's dominion is by New Birth. By Christ blood, or because of His Blood shed, His Spirit gives us Life, and this New Life cannot come under the dominion of sin, it cannot become a unbeliever, it is a servant of Him that Created it !

So Christ Blood sets us free from guilt of sin and dominion of sin by providing a New Nature or New Man ! Col 3:10

And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

Charles Spurgeon !

28. The Following User Says Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

Nanja (April 5th, 2018)

Thread Information