User Tag List

Page 1 of 89 12341151 ... LastLast

Thread: The Atonement: What did it REALLY Accomplish?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,582 Times in 1,526 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Atonement: What did it REALLY Accomplish?

Rom 5:11

11And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

The Atonement of Christ has reconciled the elect world to God. It secured and ensured for it [ the elect world] every spiritual blessing needed to live unto God and for His Glory through Jesus christ.

Even before the elect are born into this world as sinners, they have already [by the blood of Christ] been reconciled to God, it will now be a matter of time for it to be manifested.

The atonement accomplished the complete salvation for all whom it was offered for, that is the death of christ. It provides them Faith, repentance, sanctification, redemption, and every needful spiritual blessing to convert them to God, and remain secured forever.
    Last edited by beloved57; June 29th, 2011 at 07:50 AM.
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

Charles Spurgeon !

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

BoyStan (November 10th, 2016),Nanja (January 20th, 2018)

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That all sounds good without the IF's. But when you add the IF's it sheds a whole new light on the subject.
    ONLY CHRISTIANS IF? ONLY LOVED IF?

Eph 4:21
    21 if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus:
    John 6:29
    29 Jesus answered and said to them, "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent."
    Matt 11:27
    27 "All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him.
    1 Pet 4:17-18
    17 For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God?
    18 Now "If the righteous one is scarcely saved, where will the ungodly and the sinner appear?"
    Heb 3:14
    14 For we have become partakers of Christ if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast to the end,
    I Jn 1:8-10
    8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
    9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
    10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.
    2 Cor 10:3-5
    3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh.
    4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds,
    5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,
    I Jn 2:4-5
    4 He who says, "I know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
    5 But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him.
    John 15:10
    10 "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.
    John 15:14
    14 "You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.
    I Jn 2:3
    3 Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments.
    Matt 6:14-15
    14 "For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
    15 "But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
    I Jn 5:3-4
    3 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome.
    4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world-- our faith.
    Rev 22:18-19
    18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
    19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
    Matt 28:20
    20 "teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Amen.
    (NKJ)Col 1:23
    23 if indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel which you heard, which was preached to every creature under heaven, of which I, Paul, became a minister.
    (NKJ)
    xxx The IF's in the Word of God are conditions of love. There is no such thing as unconditional love. God says He will(not is) but will be a Father to us.

2 Cor 6:14-18
    14 Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?
    15 And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever?
    16 And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will dwell in them and walk among them. I will be their God, and they shall be My people."
    17 Therefore "Come out from among them and be separate, says the Lord. Do not touch what is unclean, and I will receive you."
    18 "I will be a Father to you, and you shall be My sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty."
    (NKJ)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deliverance from unbelief !

Unbelief is one of the sins that the elect world is saved from, thats the significance of this portion Jn 16:8-9.

The Holy Spirit convicts the elect unbeliever of sin and gives them faith.

Paul is an example, he was an elect who in unbelief rejected Jesus christ and persecuted His followers, being blinded by the god of this world, but when it pleased God, He revealed in Him Jesus christ and he became a believer.

1 Tim 1:12-15,16

12And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;

13Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

14And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith [to believe] and love which is in Christ Jesus.

15This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

Being saved experimentally is being delivered from unbelief .

16Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

The Fact is, no one Jesus christ died to save, can ever die in unbelief, that would defeat one of the main purposes of His death accomplishments.
    Last edited by beloved57; July 1st, 2011 at 04:54 PM.

Charles Spurgeon !

5. The Following User Says Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

Nanja (January 20th, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are the objectives and effects of the death of Christ ?

Why was it important for those He shed His blood for ? It provided unto them redemption per Eph 1:7

7In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

The word for redemption is:

apolytrōsis and means:

releasing effected by payment of ransom

a) redemption, deliverance

b) liberation procured by the payment of a ransom

The death of Christ procured the Liberation of His people who had been captive by satan and under his power of darkness.

So all them whom Christ redeemed by His blood are recipients in time of the Spirit of Liberty.

2 Cor 3:17

Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

It is written of Christ in the OT Isa 61:1

The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;

also Lk 4:18

The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

So, one of the objectives and effects of the death of christ for His People is their redemption which secure unto them their regeneration, or birth by the Spirit, which gives thm Spiritual liberty !
    Last edited by beloved57; September 19th, 2011 at 10:46 AM.

Charles Spurgeon !

7. The Following User Says Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

Nanja (January 20th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,760 Times in 1,267 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Another view on 'Atonement'

Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    rom 5:

11And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

The Atonement of Christ has reconciled the elect world to God. It secured and ensured for it [ the elect world] every spiritual blessing needed to live unto God and for His Glory through Jesus christ.

Even before the elect are born into this world as sinners, they have already [by the blood of Christ] been reconciled to God, it will now be a matter of time for it to be manifested.

The atonement accomplished the complete salvation for all whom it was offered for, that is the death of christ. It provides them Faith, repentance, sanctification, redemption, and every needful spiritual blessing to convert them to God, and remain secured forever.

According to Paul yes,...He had his 'viewpoints' and his own gospel.

~*~*~

There is an alternative view on what 'The Atonement' is, and something to also 'consider' from a different premise and context-perspective.

From 'A Course In Miracles' -

"Atonement' is acheived by realization (first Jesus' and then ours) that we never left God, that the split was an illusion, that no sin was committed and no payment necessary. Atonement is thus the undoing of a split that never occurred, "the way back to what was never lost" (T-12.VIII.8:8). The Atonement releases us from all that stands between us and God—guilt, fear, the past and all illusions—through its realization that all this has never been. Jesus made this principle accessible to us through his resurrection, not his death." (Glossary)
    The Son of God being immortal by nature, cannot die, but thru his resurrection he showed us the reality of eternal life, the immortality of the Spirit. The crucifixion was a mass demonstration of 'attack', the ego's full vengence and hatred to 'kill' and 'obscure' the light of truth, the innocence of love. However,...the Son of God is always innocent, guiltless, beloved of God, and such purity and virtue can never be harmed, threatened or destroyed. Death was a mirage only to be swallowed up in the truth of Life, so the Resurrection is heralded as the truth, while 'death' was only a passage-way to reveal the triumph of Spirit.

The Atonement therefore is open to all who embrace their original state of unity with 'God', which always is. Jesus coming and living the divine principle of Love showed us, that 'he and the Father were One', enabling us to also to awaken to this reality of 'non-seperation'.

The Atonement then is 'open' to all........

pj

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are the objectives and effects of the death of Christ ?

Another accomplishment of the Death of Christ, it ensured the Spiritual cleansing and sanctification of all those He died for. The church.

Eph 5:25-26

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word,

to make her holy, cleansing[a] her by the washing with water through the word,

Jesus pointed that out in His Prayer Jn 17:19

19For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified.
    Last edited by beloved57; January 14th, 2014 at 03:18 PM.

Charles Spurgeon !

10. The Following User Says Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

Nanja (January 21st, 2018)

Over 500 post club PlastikBuddha's Avatar
    Still going to and fro in the earth, and walking up and down in it- but now looking up.
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to B57, absolutely nothing.
    "Those who have crossed
    With direct eyes, to death's other Kingdom
    Remember us--if at all--not as lost
    Violent souls, but only
    As the hollow men
    The stuffed men." ... T.S. Eliot
    γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PlastikBuddha View Post
    According to B57, absolutely nothing.
    I already knew I was an elect so I didn't even need to become Christian.
    Never mind the "Atheist" thing to the left, I just like messing with the already-damned-whatever-they-do.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More on the Accomplishments !

Jesus blood shed was in order to sanctify the people, those people he shed His blood for Heb 13:12

12Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.

Those Jesus Christ died for, it ensures them, the sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit and the belief of the Truth 2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

He prays for this very blessing right here Jn 17:19,20

19And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth. [ see Heb 13:12]

20Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

This applies to all future believers, for Jesus says which shall believe !

Thats a promise that they shall believe, because of the sanctifying work of the Holy Ghost in them.

All this by the blood of Christ, what He accomplished !
    Last edited by beloved57; September 20th, 2011 at 05:35 PM.

Charles Spurgeon !

14. The Following User Says Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It ensures belief of the Truth

The death of Christ, as i have shown from scripture, ensures sanctification fo those who He died Jn 17:17,19

17Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

19And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

So, Jesus death ensures the Sovereign sanctiying work of the Holy Spirit, which results in belief of the Truth.

2 Thess 2:13

13But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Its absolutely impossible for anyone whom Christ died, not to believe the Truth as it is in Christ Jesus, for the Holy Ghost of His, is for certain to lead every blood sanctified soul into the Truth Jn 16:13

13Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth:

So all those God wills to be saved and come into the Knowledge of the Truth as per 1 Tim 2:4

4 who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

They will sooner or later be subjects of the Sovereign Sanctifying work of the Spirit unto belief of the Truth.

This is a accomplishment of the Atonement of Christ.
    Last edited by beloved57; July 17th, 2011 at 06:03 AM.

Charles Spurgeon !

16. The Following User Says Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,760 Times in 1,267 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb another look...............

Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    Jesus blood shed was in order to sanctifiy the people, those people he shed His blood for heb 13:

12Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.

Those Jesus christ died for, it ensures them, the sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit and the belief of the Truth 2 thess 2:

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

He prays for this very blessing right here Jn 17:

19And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth. [ see heb 13:12]

20Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

This applies to all future believers, for Jesus says which shall believe !

Thats a promise that they shall believe, because of the sanctifying work of the Holy Ghost in them.

All this by the blood of Christ.

Did you ever consider Atonement without Blood?

Also,...beyond such....the Atonement still holds as the Spirit sanctifies all God's sons together as One in His Kingdom. All this by the Spirit of God. All who are awakened to remember their original oneness with God,...share in the Redemption.

Murder, bloodshed, death, killing, violence - Is such really necessary? The Peace and Love of God do not require such. What kind of 'god' requires blood, which means the 'death' of a living creation OR a man? We can take 'blood' in its symbolic meaning, metaphor, allegorical significance, etc..... but I think a 'god' that demands 'blood' to pay a price or set up as the only means to reconcile or save another ought to be questioned.

pj

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Redemption from all iniquity !

Titus 2:14

14Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify [cleanse see Eph 5:26] unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

The Atonement of Christ has been successful, and has accomplished that what God intended.

It was for redemption from all iniquity [ to include unbelief] and purification from all sin and unrighteousness. For that was the Divine Purpose for which Christ gave Himself for His People [ church], in order that they should be Holy and blameless before God in Love, unto which cause God chose and predestinated them, that they should be conformed to the Holy Image of His Son, hence it was not possible for not one sin to be committed, which was outside of the counsel and purpose of God, and for which Christ did not give Himself for as an Offering, and make a full and perfect Atonement.
    Last edited by beloved57; August 1st, 2011 at 04:02 PM.

Charles Spurgeon !

19. The Following User Says Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Pet 2:24

24Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

The healing [ Spiritually] is the sure effect and benefit of His stripes [ or atonement], and His death in His own body on the Tree for sins of His church, His elect, His sheep, without fail secures and ensures their death to sin, and their being made alive to righteousness, even the righteousness of Faith.

Many today really do not understand the power of Christ death and it's accomplishments.
    Last edited by beloved57; August 2nd, 2011 at 01:18 PM.

Charles Spurgeon !

21. The Following User Says Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Purpose and accomplishment of Christ death

2 Cor 5:15

15And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.

Paul here in this context gives us another purpose and accomplishment of Christ death for sinners.

He died for all [ the called or chosen or church] that [in order that] they which live [ spiritually] should henceforth [ no longer, no more] live unto themselves, but [ nevertheless , rather] unto Him which died for them, and rose again.

So the very death of christ, produces in them He died for, a life of self sacrifice, and living unto Him, the crucified life.

This is why paul boasted in the power of the cross in his own life writing Gal 6:14

14But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

The cross effects each life of those Christ died for to one degree or another, but it produces results, it bears fruit. Jn 12:24

24Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.
    Last edited by beloved57; August 2nd, 2011 at 12:38 PM.

Charles Spurgeon !

23. The Following User Says Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Redemption provides New Birth !

One of the reasons why Christ came to this earth, was to be made under the Law, for His Members [ of His Body] in order to redeem them from the curse of the Law, and that they may receive the Adoption of Sons !

Gal 4:4-5

4But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

5To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

That is to receive the Spirit of Adoption. Rom 8:15

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

This Spirit is given Sovereignly to all Christ redeemed with His blood, simply, all for whom He died !
    Last edited by beloved57; August 5th, 2011 at 12:09 AM.

Charles Spurgeon !

25. The Following User Says Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

Thread Information