• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

Does any one doubt that God made the corona virus?

tieman55

I don't think there can be any doubt that God made viruses, they are far too complex, far too common and they are to a large extent by "kind". There can be no other rational explanation other than God made viruses and immune systems to keep them at bay.

I am sure some doubt that viruses are good. God made them, and they are good!

I say, viruses are good and hand sanitizer is bad!

In God's creation clean is good, sterile is not.

Mike Tieman

way 2 go

viruses aren't good or evil , they do not think

wash your hands
some hand sanitizer have in there MSDS sheets to wash it off as soon as possible

Mike Tieman
do you lick door handles ?

tieman55

God looked at "all" He made and said it was good, "all" things don't think.

And you would be far healthier licking door nobs then licking hand sanitizer. Clean is good , sterile is not.

way 2 go

God looked at "all" He made and said it was good, "all" things don't think.
then the fall and everything was cursed

And you would be far healthier licking door nobs then licking hand sanitizer.
no
Clean is good , sterile is not.
so you would request non sterilized equipment be used on you for your surgery ?
or would sterilized equipment be good for surgery ?

tieman55

LOL really LOL,

OK so I am forced by "way 2 go" to have to state the obvious.

Clean is good sterile is bad for general living conditions like, bathing, cooking, house cleaning, dishes, utensils, o and cant forget door knobs LOL For surgery sterile is an acceptable standard that BTW is often not met ! LOL

oatmeal

I don't think there can be any doubt that God made viruses, they are far too complex, far too common and they are to a large extent by "kind". There can be no other rational explanation other than God made viruses and immune systems to keep them at bay.

Mike Tieman

God did not make the corona virus nor any other source of disease or any other evil.

God is good always for God is light and in Him is no darkness at all I John 1:5

This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

It is not God nor his son that steals and kills and destroys but the thief, our adversary, the Devil, Satan, the serpent. John 10:10.

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

It is our adversary, the Devil that hurts people

I Peter 5:8-9

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.

Acts 10:38

How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

God is good always, He gave us free will, including to Adam and Eve, who willfully sinned and thus gave the Devil access into their lives and all subsequent generations and the creation in general

The reason we are subject to evil is because man brought upon himself the evil in which we are surrounded.

Gary K

LOL really LOL,

OK so I am forced by "way 2 go" to have to state the obvious.

Clean is good sterile is bad for general living conditions like, bathing, cooking, house cleaning, dishes, utensils, o and cant forget door knobs LOL For surgery sterile is an acceptable standard that BTW is often not met ! LOL

Really? When you boil water you sterilize it. Thus anything cooked in boiling water is sterilized. Trap the steam off the boiling water, condense it, and you have distilled water in which all the contaminates have been removed. That's bad? Anything you bake in an oven is also sterilized because baking necessarily raises the food temperature to above 212 degrees at which point it is sterilized.

Your basic logical fallacy though is that sickness and death existed before sin entered the world. In other words, the deadly microbes that now exist were not God's creation. Sin has caused them whether they are direct modifications by the devil or man, they were not in existence before the fall. To accuse God of creating them is to accuse God of creating death, suffering, sickness, etc.... In my eyes that no different than saying God created sin.

tieman55

Your basic logical fallacy though is that sickness and death existed before sin entered the world. In other words, the deadly microbes that now exist were not God's creation. Sin has caused them whether they are direct modifications by the devil or man, they were not in existence before the fall. To accuse God of creating them is to accuse God of creating death, suffering, sickness, etc.... In my eyes that no different than saying God created sin.

Before Adam's sin, What if he stepped on an ant? That is death. What if he stubbed his toe or his foot blistered from not having shoes and cells died? Was Adam created with an immune system, or that an after thought? What if Adam would have climbed up a tree before he sinned and jump off for fun as there is no death before sin . LOL

Gary K

Before Adam's sin, What if he stepped on an ant? That is death. What if he stubbed his toe or his foot blistered from not having shoes and cells died? Was Adam created with an immune system, or that an after thought? What if Adam would have climbed up a tree before he sinned and jump off for fun as there is no death before sin . LOL

You have a choice to make. You can either accept God's word as truth or believe your own reasoning. The Bible tells us there is a way that seemeth right unto a man but the end thereof is death. In Romans 5:12 we find the following as to the entry of death on our planet:
[SIZE=+1]12[/SIZE] Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

In Romans 8 Paul tells us that the entire creation groans because of sin. In other words sin has changed their lives and entered death in their lives too.

[SIZE=+1]22[/SIZE] For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

I see you making the same mistake Eve made in the Garden.
Genesis 2: [SIZE=+1]15[/SIZE] And the Lord God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.*n6
[SIZE=+1]16[/SIZE] And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:*n7
[SIZE=+1]17[/SIZE] But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Genesis 3:[SIZE=+1]1[/SIZE] Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?*n1
[SIZE=+1]2[/SIZE] And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
[SIZE=+1]3[/SIZE] But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
[SIZE=+1]4[/SIZE] And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
[SIZE=+1]5[/SIZE] For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
[SIZE=+1]6[/SIZE] And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat

Eve did her own thinking and trusted her own reasoning rather than taking God's word just it was given, and it resulted in sin, suffering, and death. We all have the same choice to make Eve made. Will we accept God's word or our own reasoning as truth. You can make your own choice. I'll choose God's word as authoritative every time. Like Joshua said, Choose ye this day whom ye will serve, as for me and my house we will serve the Lord.

I've seen the results of doing my own thinking and following my own reasoning. It brought nothing but misery and suffering into my life so now it's God's word for me every time.

Stuu

Really? When you boil water you sterilize it. Thus anything cooked in boiling water is sterilized. Trap the steam off the boiling water, condense it, and you have distilled water in which all the contaminates have been removed. That's bad? Anything you bake in an oven is also sterilized because baking necessarily raises the food temperature to above 212 degrees at which point it is sterilized.

So what exactly are you accusing the devil or man of doing?

Stuart

tieman55

God did not make the corona virus nor any other source of disease or any other evil.

The corona viruses, all of them, and all viruses, are extremely complex strings of DNA, millions of bits of information, if any of them are not right the virus won't do anything. Some very intelligent being made virus and well, God is the only one that created. We are talking millions and millions of viruses on earth . . . and we know only enough about them to be foolish and fearful of them. God created and it was good, in that creation was our immune system . . . let it does its job ! https://www.nature.com/articles/nrmicro2644

Clean is good, sterile is bad!

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned

The corona viruses, all of them, and all viruses, are extremely complex strings of DNA, millions of bits of information, if any of them are not right the virus won't do anything. Some very intelligent being made virus and well, God is the only one that created. We are talking millions and millions of viruses on earth . . . and we know only enough about them to be foolish and fearful of them. God created and it was good, in that creation was our immune system . . . let it does its job ! https://www.nature.com/articles/nrmicro2644

Clean is good, sterile is bad!

Actually coronaviruses are RNA based, not DNA. This virus is currently assumed to have jumped from bats to an intermediate animal host perhaps being sold at the live market in Wu Han. The thought is that mutations in the RNA chain allowed the virus to move to different species. A mutation, a change something "not right" in your terms, put it in a position where it moved to another species, not that it put it in a position where it "won't do anything". Although some, perhaps most mutations, do nothing or are deleterious at least some, from the virus viewpoint anyway, are beneficial. The virus has evolved (goodness gracious). Earlier reading I did suggested that the change was to a protein spike on the virus envelope that made a good fit with ACE-2 receptors on lung cells. Just by chance it made a better key to fit into an existing lock..
Now you can take my word for it, but I am now a bit of a dilettante on this. I get my specific info from my MD daughter and geneticist daughter. But you can do your own research or better yet, once this is over, visit your local university and track down a biologist or virologist.
As an aside, I'm not sure your comment that we know enough about them to be foolish is appropriate. We know enough about viruses in general to know how they work. Fearful well yeah, until we get a better handle on this beast.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
How do you know that the virus evolved and was not designed?

Because i have a background in biology and accept evolution. In addition, I have done some reading and have learned that if it were designed by someone in a lab recently it apparently does not bear any of the hallmarks of such design. I'd be glad to refer you to what I read if you wish. It was a post by PZ Myers on his Pharyngula blog a week or so ago.
Do you know it was designed? think it was designed? If so, when, where and by whom?

Right Divider

Body part
Because i have a background in biology and accept evolution.
:french:

In addition, I have done some reading and have learned that if it were designed by someone in a lab recently it apparently does not bear any of the hallmarks of such design. I'd be glad to refer you to what I read if you wish. It was a post by PZ Myers on his Pharyngula blog a week or so ago.
Do you know it was designed? think it was designed? If so, when, where and by whom?
No, possibly, don't know, China, Chinese government.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
:french:

No, possibly, don't know, China, Chinese government.

Nope. Not designed. Bob has had a scientist or two on the show and they said there is no indication that the Wuhan Virus was created in a lab.

Right Divider

Body part
Nope. Not designed. Bob has had a scientist or two on the show and they said there is no indication that the Wuhan Virus was created in a lab.

OK... I've seem some other information about it not being likely to have come from the wet markets.

It's not something that I'm going to argue about.