User Tag List

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2027282930

Thread: Which Gospel Preached During the Tribulation Period?

Thanks

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notreligus View Post
    Les Feldick, a Bible teacher whose programs are aired weekdays on most Ion Network stations, threw me a curve this morning. Maybe he's stated this before or perhaps it was supposed to be an assumption based on his mid-Acts leaning, but he said that the Gospel of the Kingdom will be preached during the Tribulation Period because when the Church is raptured the Gospel of Grace will have left with them. This is per Matthew 24, he says.

Most dispensationals, of all varieties, believe and/or teach a millennial kingdom to follow the Tribulation Period, so that seems to paint the dispensational position in general into that same corner, or does it?

Which Gospel do you believe will be preached during the Tribulation Period, the Grace or the Kingdom Gospel? Or, would you describe this some other way?
    I don't know, but what I do know is that Christians are saved from the wrath to come. Romans 5:9, I Thessalonians 1:10, we will have been taken up and outa here before that happens. I Thessalonians 4:13-18
    "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

"Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

Pro scripture = Protestant

Thanks
    Thanked 2,787 Times in 2,561 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Taken in judgment:

Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left [Matt. 24:40–41].

"I can hear someone saying to me, “Well, preacher, you have finally painted yourself into a corner. You said the church and the Rapture are not in the Olivet Discourse, but here they are. Two shall be in the field; one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.”

Well, my friend, He still is not talking about the Rapture. After all, what is our Lord talking about here? “As the days of Noah were.” Who was taken away in the days of Noah? “They knew not until the flood came, and took them all away.” They perished in the Flood. This is not referring to the Rapture when the church will be taken out of the world. Rather, this pictures the removing from the earth by judgment those who are not going to enter the millennial kingdom." McGee, J. V. (1997). Thru the Bible commentary (electronic ed., Vol. 4, p. 132). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

"Mt 24:40, 41 one will be taken. I.e., taken in judgment (cf. v. 39) just as in Noah’s day (“took them”; v. 39). This is clearly not a reference to the catching away of believers described in 1 Thess. 4:16, 17." MacArthur, J., Jr. (Ed.). (1997). The MacArthur Study Bible (electronic ed., p. 1440). Nashville, TN: Word Pub.

What's new?
    PlastikBuddah [aka Gamera] make-believer. Kmoney [aka Count Iblis] make-believer. Alate_One deceives students in the classroom. Arthur Brain wants answers. Eph 5:11

"Being a square keeps you from going around in circles." ~ J Vernon McGee Ro 3:23, 5:8, 6:23, 10:9, 10:13.

Thanks
    Thanked 22,252 Times in 12,158 Posts

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notreligus View Post
    Les Feldick, a Bible teacher whose programs are aired weekdays on most Ion Network stations, threw me a curve this morning. Maybe he's stated this before or perhaps it was supposed to be an assumption based on his mid-Acts leaning, but he said that the Gospel of the Kingdom will be preached during the Tribulation Period because when the Church is raptured the Gospel of Grace will have left with them. This is per Matthew 24, he says.

Most dispensationals, of all varieties, believe and/or teach a millennial kingdom to follow the Tribulation Period, so that seems to paint the dispensational position in general into that same corner, or does it?

Which Gospel do you believe will be preached during the Tribulation Period, the Grace or the Kingdom Gospel? Or, would you describe this some other way?
    He's right.

Mat 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

The prophesied Davidic Messianic Kingdom is what is preached during Christ's earthly ministry and the so-called 'great commission' into Acts.
    With Israel's continued rejection of her King and thus the Kingdom, Israel fell. The ascended Lord hand-picked Paul to proclaim the good news of the cross to the gentiles/nations during the interregnum.
    The good news of the coming King and thus the Messianic Kingdom on earth will be preached to Israel and the nations during the 70th week.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to steko For Your Post:

Tambora (May 3rd, 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 47,422 Times in 29,243 Posts

Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by steko View Post
    He's right.

Mat 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

The prophesied Davidic Messianic Kingdom is what is preached during Christ's earthly ministry and the so-called 'great commission' into Acts.
    With Israel's continued rejection of her King and thus the Kingdom, Israel fell. The ascended Lord hand-picked Paul to proclaim the good news of the cross to the gentiles/nations during the interregnum.
    The good news of the coming King and thus the Messianic Kingdom on earth will be preached to Israel and the nations during the 70th week.

The difference between prophesy which was proclaimed by the law and prophets, and the mystery which was kept secret until Paul's revelation.

We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
    They already know monsters exist.
    We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

Thread Information