What disgusts you the most about beanieboy?

What disgusts you the most about beanieboy?

• He's a homo.

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • He's a hypocrite.

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • He uses the bible(something he claims not to believe in) to tell Christians how they should live.

Votes: 19 55.9%
  • He claims not to need Christ in order to be loved by God.

Votes: 9 26.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

intro2faith

Rimi said:
Has nothing to do with me, retard. I'm not even male. But if I were male, you'd be gleeful -- one more at the bathhouse, eh.

Don't you worry yer perty lil head about me and mine. Christ is MY salvation, my hope and rest. Something you will never know unless you untwist yourself and get as far away from your present slop as you can. Idiot.

Keep writing. I know you just need the attention. Poor wretch.

There's ONE example of some very unloving behavior. If you want to truly bring beanieboy to the Kingdom, then maybe you could act like you actually care about him.

intro2faith

Nineveh,

Are you actually condoning Rimis behavior? YES I know that the truth can be offensive. The truth is offensive enough to some people, it doesn't need to be presented in an offensive manner though.

intro2faith

Here ya go:

A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control (Pr. 29:11).

A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger (Pr. 15:1).

When a man's ways are pleasing to the Lord, he makes even his enemies live at peace with him (Pr. 16:7).

Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels. And the Lord's servant must not quarrel; instead, he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful (2 Tim. 2:23-24).

All of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble (1 Pet. 3:6).

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen (Eph. 4:31).

Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger; brawling and slander, along with every form of malice (Eph. 4:31).

If you are wise, your wisdom will reward you; if you are a mocker, you alone will suffer (Pr. 9:12).

An unfriendly man pursues selfish ends; he defies all sound judgment (Pr. 18:1).

He who guards his lips guards his soul, but he who speaks rashly will come to ruin (Pr. 13:3).

Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you (Eph. 4:32).

As God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience (Cor. 3:12).

Here's some really good ones:

A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult (Pr. 12:16).

Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone (Rom. 12:17-18).

Do not repay even with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing (1 Pet. 3:9).

There's lots more verses like this, but this should be enough.

beanieboy

In the arms of the Angel far away from here
From this dark, cold hotel room, and the endlessness that you fear
You are pulled from the wreckage of your silent reverie
You're in the arms of the Angel; may you find some comfort here

Nineveh

Merely Christian
intro2faith said:
Nineveh,

Are you actually condoning Rimis behavior? YES I know that the truth can be offensive. The truth is offensive enough to some people, it doesn't need to be presented in an offensive manner though.

Is there some reason you do not wish to answer my question?

beanieboy

Nineveh said:
which is worse? Harsh rebuke or an eternity in hell?

You and Rimi offer harsh rebuke, and I'm still going to hell.
So, the harsh rebuke seems rather futile, unless it is done for another purpose.

intro2faith

Nineveh,

Your question is pointless. Rimi, as far as I can see, was not rebuking out of love. Therefore, it is not a question of wether or not harsh rebuke is worse than eternity in Hell. The point is, all those verses I pointed out way above ^ are how we are to act. Not in the ways that Rimi was.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
intro2faith said:
Your question is pointless.

Not really. You see, bean is going to hell. I see that as far worse than a harsh rebuke. My original question to you was what is more loving? Telling bean to repent or judging someone for telling bean to repent. I think this is right on the mark.

Rimi, as far as I can see, was not rebuking out of love.

And you have been given this special power to know what is in Rimi's heart?

Therefore, it is not a question of wether or not harsh rebuke is worse than eternity in Hell.

Yes, it is.

The point is, all those verses I pointed out way above ^ are how we are to act. Not in the ways that Rimi was.

Who are you to judge another's witness? Who are you to know what witness the Spirit may use? Rimi is not in danger of hell, intro, bean is. So back to the question you feel is so pointless. Which is more loving? Rebuking bean who faces eternal seperation from God, or rebuking Rimi for rebuking bean?

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
beanieboy said:
You and Rimi offer harsh rebuke, and I'm still going to hell.
So, the harsh rebuke seems rather futile, unless it is done for another purpose.

Talking to you gently and with respect hasn't done much good either. Has it?

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
intro2faith said:
Nineveh,

Your question is pointless. Rimi, as far as I can see, was not rebuking out of love. Therefore, it is not a question of wether or not harsh rebuke is worse than eternity in Hell. The point is, all those verses I pointed out way above ^ are how we are to act. Not in the ways that Rimi was.

I2F, you will find various types of people here, on TOL. While there are people who have no problem with confrontation, there are also people like me who would rather have private interactions with most people. I've never been anything but respectful to beanieboy and I haven't seen any changes in him either. So, it's not the way they talk to him that causes him to harden his heart.

Balder

Maybe people are taking it personally, Beanieboy, that they haven't been successful in converting you or changing you.

intro2faith

No one ever responded to these verses....what do you think of them?

intro2faith said:
Here ya go:

A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control (Pr. 29:11).

A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger (Pr. 15:1).

When a man's ways are pleasing to the Lord, he makes even his enemies live at peace with him (Pr. 16:7).

Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels. And the Lord's servant must not quarrel; instead, he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful (2 Tim. 2:23-24).

All of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble (1 Pet. 3:6).

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen (Eph. 4:31).

Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger; brawling and slander, along with every form of malice (Eph. 4:31).

If you are wise, your wisdom will reward you; if you are a mocker, you alone will suffer (Pr. 9:12).

An unfriendly man pursues selfish ends; he defies all sound judgment (Pr. 18:1).

He who guards his lips guards his soul, but he who speaks rashly will come to ruin (Pr. 13:3).

Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you (Eph. 4:32).

As God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience (Cor. 3:12).

Here's some really good ones:

A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult (Pr. 12:16).

Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone (Rom. 12:17-18).

Do not repay even with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing (1 Pet. 3:9).

There's lots more verses like this, but this should be enough.

intro2faith

Nineveh said:
Tell you what intro, you answer my question, then we will look at those verses, deal?

Okay, it is better to rebuke IN LOVE than to spend an eternity in Hell.

But the whole IN LOVE part is what I'm getting at.

Now for those verses please :)

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Balder said:
Maybe people are taking it personally, Beanieboy, that they haven't been successful in converting you or changing you.

Nope. I'm not taking it personally. I wasn't trying to convert him. I was talking to him, like I do pretty much everyone else on TOL. I was just making a point to I2F (which it seems she chose to ignore). She is choosing to harp on Nineveh and Rimi on their tactics of witnessing and I was pointing out that the opposite of what they do doesn't work either.

Although I would love to see bean, Zakath, you, PureX, and others in heaven, I don't believe in forcing a conversion. People have to choose to follow God on their own.

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
intro2faith said:
No one ever responded to these verses....what do you think of them?

And, you never responded to my post, I2F. I showed you an example of someone using respect and love to talk to someone getting nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.