Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb notes............

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_A View Post

Krishnamurti said in a talk:

You may remember the story of how the devil and a friend of his were walking down the street, when they saw ahead of them a man stoop down and pick up something from the ground, look at it, and put it away in his pocket. The friend said to the devil, "What did that man pick up?" "He picked up a piece of Truth," said the devil. "That is a very bad business for you, then," said his friend. "Oh, not at all," the devil replied, "I am going to let him organize it."
    J Krishnamurti was quite an inspiration in my earlier years. The story illustrates the dangers in organization of religion that is detrimental to true spiritual health and freedom. Not sure how this relates to the Urantia Papers, as there is no organized religion or authority structure(Church) that uses the UB as a 'bible', besides individuals and small communities (seasonal confrences/meetings) who are UB readers and enthusiasts.

Be veeerrry wary of thought adjustors. IMO people inwardly drawn to human "being" potential are better off with Simone's approach.

"We can only know one thing about God - that he is what we are not. Our wretchedness alone is an image of this. The more we contemplate it, the more we contemplate him." Simone Weil
    Being aware of the role and presence of the Thought Adjuster (the presence of eternal/infinite God) in the human mind is nothing to fear, but advantageous to know of, on many levels.

Recognizing the 'evil' or what is 'wrong' in oneself is a part of the process of the soul's journey towards enlightenment, salvation, liberation, call it what you like. Light(knowledge) does expose the darkness(ignorance/egoity) in us, as we discern what is 'real' from what is 'unreal', abiding in the substance of the former.

pj

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its like Lighthead said , we must overcome the evil within our minds that came from
    the spirit of Satan in the Garden of Eden.
    -----------------------------------------
    "We are starlight we are golden and
    We've got to get back to the Garden."

NIBIRU AND PLANET X ARE NEXT IN

THIS EPISODE OF BUCK ROGERS

IN THE 21st CENTURY.
    Last edited by OMEGA; July 9th, 2010 at 05:31 PM.
    GOD HAS PROMISED US IMMORTALITY

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OMEGA View Post
    Its like Lighthead said , we must overcome the evil within our minds that came from
    the spirit of Satan in the Garden of Eden.
    -----------------------------------------
    "We are starlight we are golden and
    We've got to get back to the Garden."

NIBIRU AND PLANET X ARE NEXT IN

THIS EPISODE OF BUCK ROGERS

IN THE 21st CENTURY.
    The beast was already evil, had already sined, then went after Eve. Evil and sin comes from the human heart, we cant blame the devil or anyone else for our own choices.

Caino

"Mortal man was never the property of the archdeceivers. Jesus did not die to ransom man from the clutch of the apostate rulers and fallen princes of the spheres. The Father in heaven never conceived of such crass injustice as damning a mortal soul because of the evil doing of his ancestors."UB

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelight View Post
    J Krishnamurti was quite an inspiration in my earlier years. The story illustrates the dangers in organization of religion that is detrimental to true spiritual health and freedom. Not sure how this relates to the Urantia Papers, as there is no organized religion or authority structure(Church) that uses the UB as a 'bible', besides individuals and small communities (seasonal confrences/meetings) who are UB readers and enthusiasts.

Being aware of the role and presence of the Thought Adjuster (the presence of eternal/infinite God) in the human mind is nothing to fear, but advantageous to know of, on many levels.

Recognizing the 'evil' or what is 'wrong' in oneself is a part of the process of the soul's journey towards enlightenment, salvation, liberation, call it what you like. Light(knowledge) does expose the darkness(ignorance/egoity) in us, as we discern what is 'real' from what is 'unreal', abiding in the substance of the former.

pj
    Freelight, we don't need thought adjustors. We need the courage to witness ourselves with impartial conscious attention. Then the truth of the human condition becomes obvious opening the means for freedom from it, to leave our attachments to plato's cave and opening to Man's objective conscious potential.

(3) Jesus said, "If those who lead you say to you, 'See, the kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you. If they say to you, 'It is in the sea,' then the fish will precede you. Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and it is outside of you. When you come to know yourselves, then you will become known, and you will realize that it is you who are the sons of the living father. But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty."
    Krishnamurti is also referring to our own inner world. We pick up a piece of the truth and distort it through our own egotism. That is why for me the only legit paths are the ones that begin with Man's nothingness. It doesn't sell but is of great value for those that have the need and courage to look inside for the sake of the truth.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The east to west path is very worn,
    north to south... a woman, Mother of all Nations, made a beast the fathers of all lier's, who could not have been; without her authority an help divine.

thoughts
    was the beast mean't to become a father?
    of corse the beast is not going to be tempting the man Adam in this case; he can't sin in the least.
    he can't have the children.' underline motive' there is no Justice in the judgement woman are easly tempted. there wasn't a competition. only incentive.
    Owned woman chose t give their seed away, or forced, an therefor hardy owned!! taken as such. accused an controled as the orginal sinners.

indulge an carry on with their family argumenst. I think the movies are a great revlation.
    Last edited by Charity; July 9th, 2010 at 09:22 PM.
    Just tell me what you want me to criticize! I want you to be happy<.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then AS IT SEEMS

you can slowly bake different cookies in one oven, while many ovens quickly cook multitudes of one type of cookie.

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charity View Post
    Then AS IT SEEMS

you can slowly bake different cookies in one oven, while many ovens quickly cook multitudes of one type of cookie.
    Yummmmmm< cookies, never mind theology.......

C

"Mortal man was never the property of the archdeceivers. Jesus did not die to ransom man from the clutch of the apostate rulers and fallen princes of the spheres. The Father in heaven never conceived of such crass injustice as damning a mortal soul because of the evil doing of his ancestors."UB

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use nothing but the best ingredients.
    Smiles

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    THE RELIGION OF JESUS

"Some day a reformation in the Christian church may strike deep enough to get back to the unadulterated religious teachings of Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith. You may preach a religion about Jesus, but, perforce, you must live the religion of Jesus. In the enthusiasm of Pentecost, Peter unintentionally inaugurated a new religion, the religion of the risen and glorified Christ. The Apostle Paul later on transformed this new gospel into Christianity, a religion embodying his own theologic views and portraying his own personal experience with the Jesus of the Damascus road. The gospel of the kingdom is founded on the personal religious experience of the Jesus of Galilee; Christianity is founded almost exclusively on the personal religious experience of the Apostle Paul. Almost the whole of the New Testamentis devoted, not to the portrayal of the significant and inspiring religious life of Jesus, but to a discussion of Paul's religious experience and to a portrayal of his personal religious convictions. The only notable exceptions to this statement, aside from certain parts of Matthew, Mark, and Luke, are the Book of Hebrews and the Epistle of James. Even Peter, in his writing, only once reverted to the personal religious life of his Master. The New Testament is a superb Christian document, but it is only meagerly Jesusonian......"

*Peter unintentionally inaugurated a new religion

*Even Peter, in his writing, only once reverted to the personal religious life of his Master.

*the religion of the risen and glorified Christ

[The religion of Jesus taught for the three years prior to his death could not have been centered around his death as a sacrifice, even the apostles did not know where he was going when he allowed himself to be rejected and killed by religion for the purpose of experiencing the final act of all that we are asked to experience, death. The gospel of the kingdom could not have been the gospel about the risen Christ]

NIV
    John 13:36
    Simon Peter asked him, "Lord, where are you going?" Jesus replied, "Where I am going, you cannot follow now, but you will follow later."

Jesus' death could not have been the central core of his teaching all across the land for Peter does not even know Jesus is leaving.

Caino

http://www.truthbook.com/index.cfm?linkID=1448#U196_2_1

Over 5000 post club
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obviously, His death could not be revealed to anyone, including His disciples.

Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

Jesus' Blood is the only way that our sins can be cleansed.

For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
    "Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets." -- Amos 3:7

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    THE FATHER'S NAME

Of all the names by which God the Father is known throughout the universes, those which designate him as the First Source and the Universe Center are most often encountered. The First Father is known by various names in different universes and in different sectors of the same universe. The names which the creature assigns to the Creator are much dependent on the creature's concept of the Creator. The First Source and Universe Center has never revealed himself by name, only by nature. If we believe that we are the children of this Creator, it is only natural that we should eventually call him Father. But this is the name of our own choosing, and it grows out of the recognition of our personal relationship with the First Source and Center.

The Universal Father never imposes any form of arbitrary recognition, formal worship, or slavish service upon the intelligent will creatures of the universes. The evolutionary inhabitants of the worlds of time and space must of themselves—in their own hearts—recognize, love, and voluntarily worship him. The Creator refuses to coerce or compel the submission of the spiritual free wills of his material creatures. The affectionate dedication of the human will to the doing of the Father's will is man's choicest gift to God; in fact, such a consecration of creature will constitutes man's only possible gift of true value to the Paradise Father. In God, man lives, moves, and has his being; there is nothing which man can give to God except this choosing to abide by the Father's will, and such decisions, effected by the intelligent will creatures of the universes, constitute the reality of that true worship which is so satisfying to the love-dominated nature of the Creator Father.

When you have once become truly God-conscious, after you really discover the majestic Creator and begin to experience the realization of the indwelling presence of the divine controller, then, in accordance with your enlightenment and in accordance with the manner and method by which the divine Sons reveal God, you will find a name for the Universal Father which will be adequately expressive of your concept of the First Great Source and Center. And so, on different worlds and in various universes, the Creator becomes known by numerous appellations,.........

[In my own experience it took considerable time and effort to get the old picture or “God concept” out of my head, the grumpy old guy with the long beard, robe, sitting on a throne.]

Caino

http://www.truthbook.com/index.cfm?linkID=1001

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aimiel View Post
    Obviously, His death could not be revealed to anyone, including His disciples.

Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

Jesus' Blood is the only way that our sins can be cleansed.

For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
    Moses would be proud of your sacrfice for your sins. are you really convinced sacrifice is way more sensible than hearing the words "go now your sins are forgiven".

Jer 11:19 But I [was] like a lamb [or] an ox [that] is brought to the slaughter; and I knew not that they had devised devices against me, [saying], Let us destroy the tree with the fruit thereof, and let us cut him off from the land of the living, that his name may be no more remembered.

Motive' here comeS the sacrifice' boy, rott to nobody new.
    Jhn 1:29 ¶ The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

An He SAID....Go Now your sins are forgiven
    Mt 9:2 And, behold, they brought to him a man sick of the palsy, lying on a bed: and Jesus seeing their faith said unto the sick of the palsy; Son, be of good cheer; thy sins be forgiven thee.
    Mat 9:5 For whether is easier, to say, [Thy] sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Arise, and walk?
    Mar 2:5 When Jesus saw their faith, he said unto the sick of the palsy, Son, thy sins be forgiven thee.
    Mar 2:9 Whether is it easier to say to the sick of the palsy, [Thy] sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Arise, and take up thy bed, and walk?
    Luk 5:20 And when he saw their faith, he said unto him, Man, thy sins are forgiven thee. Luk 5:23 Whether is easier, to say, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Rise up and walk?
    Luk 7:47 Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, [the same] loveth little.
    Luk 7:48 And he said unto her, Thy sins are forgiven.

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The meaning of it all..........

"The enlightened worlds all recognize and worship the Universal Father, the eternal maker and infinite upholder of all creation. The will creatures of universe upon universe have embarked upon the long, long Paradise journey, the fascinating struggle of the eternal adventure of attaining God the Father. The transcendent goal of the children of time is to find the eternal God, to comprehend the divine nature, to recognize the Universal Father. God-knowing creatures have only one supreme ambition, just one consuming desire, and that is to become, as they are in their spheres, like him as he is in his Paradise perfection of personality and in his universal sphere of righteous supremacy. From the Universal Father who inhabits eternity there has gone forth the supreme mandate, “Be you perfect, even as I am perfect.” In love and mercy the messengers of Paradise have carried this divine exhortation down through the ages and out through the universes, even to such lowly animal-origin creatures as the human races of Urantia.

This magnificent and universal injunction to strive for the attainment of the perfection of divinity is the first duty, and should be the highest ambition, of all the struggling creature creation of the God of perfection. This possibility of the attainment of divine perfection is the final and certain destiny of all man’s eternal spiritual progress.

Urantia mortals can hardly hope to be perfect in the infinite sense, but it is entirely possible for human beings, starting out as they do on this planet, to attain the supernal and divine goal which the infinite God has set for mortal man; and when they do achieve this destiny, they will, in all that pertains to self-realization and mind attainment, be just as replete in their sphere of divine perfection as God himself is in his sphere of infinity and eternity. Such perfection may not be universal in the material sense, unlimited in intellectual grasp, or final in spiritual experience, but it is final and complete in all finite aspects of divinity of will, perfection of personality motivation, and God-consciousness."

Caino

Over 5000 post club
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charity View Post
    Moses would be proud of your sacrfice for your sins.
    Jesus' sacrifice, not mine. His Blood is the only way sins can be cleansed. Without His Blood, you're hopeless. You have no life in you, because you don't have His Spirit. You have that of a stranger.
    "Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets." -- Amos 3:7

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aimiel View Post
    Jesus' sacrifice, not mine. His Blood is the only way sins can be cleansed. Without His Blood, you're hopeless. You have no life in you, because you don't have His Spirit. You have that of a stranger.
    I would not agree to kill the man Jesus, I would not want to have any part in his murder!I would not want to feed my children the blood of a sacrifice, I would rather enjoy him, an what he has been given to deliver, an I would allow him to heal as many people as possible for as long as possible, an rejoice, an I could remain patient with A hope an faith that when he passed up the ghost in his old age' "peace' that he would should rise from the grave with out fuss.

Thread Information