economy
unemployment
syria
north korea

quip suggests that the ends don't justify the means:
Means--->ends.

doser challenges quip:
ok, i've showed you some respectable ends

how about you calmly and clearly explain the means that you don't like?

asked to calmly and clearly explain the undesirable means that trump uses to achieve the ends that aren't contested, quip instead responds with an emotion-laden outburst:
I'd hardly call (redacted) from Kim Jong-il as being respectable.

explain what you think trump achieved wrt North Korea that you find unacceptable.

then we can compare it against the cessation of kim's nuclear bomb program and missile program

Likewise, his tax cuts and regulation cuts for the rich at the expense of social programs and the environment respectively.

i assume this is a counterpoint to the fact that the economy is booming, the job market is strong and unemployment rates for minorities are at historic lows

tell me quip - which is more desirable - social programs for minorities that can't find jobs, or jobs that preclude the need for social programs?

and give me an example of how the environment has suffered

He's a foreign relations joke

has assad dropped any barrel bombs lately?

have the north koreans fired any missiles lately?

have the north koreans tested any nukes lately?

i was going to clip the rest of your silly rant, but decided to let it stand as an evidence to the themes of this thread:
and a fear mongering demigouge. A self-serving egomaniac who throws tantrums when he doesn't get his way RE: government shutdown....need I go on?

you're insane quip - infected with a psychological disease that prevents you from rational thought

you should be medicated and institutionalized with the rest of the insane trump-haters

Last edited:

genuineoriginal

It's both scary and humorously ironic that roughly half of the populace believes this presidential farce's "tweet" rhetoric.
I don't pay any attention to his tweets.
You're being played like a fiddle
No, the liberal media is being played like a fiddle and all of the SJWs are getting triggered.
....and you proudly advertise your ignorance via a red hat.
I don't own a red hat.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
:freak:

:doh:
trank guns

loaded with tranquilizer darts

so insane people like you can be medicated and institutionalized and longer pose a danger to themselves or others

I know where you are coming from. We have already discussed this many times.

Trump mocks and humilates others instead of having an adult dialogue to problem-solve and work in collaboration.

President Trump used to say over and over again that “I’ll get the best people !!!"

He hired Rex Tillerson as Secretary of State, praising him as a “world class player and dealmaker.” Two days later, Trump tweeted that he’d “chosen one of the truly great business leaders of the world, Rex Tillerson.”

And two months after that, following Tillerson’s confirmation, Trump declared that he would “be a star!”

But soon sfter, Trump questioned Tillerson’s mental capacity and called called him “dumb as a rock” and said he was “lazy as hell.”

A very short list of “the best people”:

Niki Haley, Ron Zinke, James Mattis, Jeff Sessions, Don McGhan, Scot Pruett, Ty Cobb, H.R. McMaster, Hope Hicks, John Dowd, Rob Porter, Brenda Fitzgerald, Andrew McCabe, James Comey, Tom Price, Sebastian Gorka, Carl Icon, Sally Yatesss, Michael Flynn and many others, over 50 in all....

Brookings informs us that as of Jan. 1, 2019, Trump’s staff turnover for senior White House aides was at 65 percent, higher than what it was at the same time in previous administrations

genuineoriginal

Trump mocks and humilates others instead of having an adult dialogue to problem-solve and work in collaboration.
Trump mocks and humiliates those people that have already proven that they are not interested in having an adult dialog and have proven that they are not interested in collaboration.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Brookings informs us that as of Jan. 1, 2019, Trump’s staff turnover for senior White House aides was at 65 percent, higher than what it was at the same time in previous administrations

gee, the guy who trademarked the phrase "you're fired" did that? :noway:

ok doser

I know where you are coming from. We have already discussed this many times.

President Trump used to say over and over again that “I’ll get the best people !!!"

He hired Rex Tillerson as Secretary of State, praising him as a “world class player and dealmaker.” Two days later, Trump tweeted that he’d “chosen one of the truly great business leaders of the world, Rex Tillerson.”

And two months after that, following Tillerson’s confirmation, Trump declared that he would “be a star!”

But soon sfter, Trump questioned Tillerson’s mental capacity and called called him “dumb as a rock” and said he was “lazy as hell.”

A very short list of “the best people”:

Niki Haley, Ron Zinke, James Mattis, Jeff Sessions, Don McGhan, Scot Pruett, Ty Cobb, H.R. McMaster, Hope Hicks, John Dowd, Rob Porter, Brenda Fitzgerald, Andrew McCabe, James Comey, Tom Price, Sebastian Gorka, Carl Icon, Sally Yatesss, Michael Flynn and many others, over 50 in all....

you're suffering from trump derangement syndrome

seek professional help

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Trump mocks and humiliates those people that have already proven that they are not interested in having an adult dialog and have proven that they are not interested in collaboration.

“Oh how I LOVE my poor-infomation voters!!!!

---Donald J. Trump
February 2016

ok doser

an interesting analysis of trump's use of the media:

Trump stays silent on media-hating Coast Guard officer

But when it comes to those insulting MAGA-ites, Trump relishes jumping in.

When Chicago police accused actor Jussie Smollett of fabricating a story about being attacked by MAGA-loving bigots, President Donald Trump was quick to weigh in. “What about MAGA and the tens of millions of people you insulted with your racist and dangerous comments!?” he wrote on Twitter.

And when Catholic high school student Nick Sandmann filed a lawsuit against The Washington Post this week over its coverage of last month’s confrontation between the teenager and a Native American elder, Trump couldn’t help himself. “Go get them Nick,” he declared. “Fake News!”

But more than 24 hours after news broke that a Coast Guard officer — an avowed white nationalist — was allegedly plotting to kill Democratic politicians and journalists, Trump has, at least so far, not said a word.

Asked for comment, White House spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders said, “The president and the entire administration have condemned violence in all forms as we have stated many times.” Sanders did not respond to questions about whether Trump planned to tone down his rhetoric.

Trump’s silence is notable for a president who never hesitates to spout off about issues large and small, from Venezuelan politics to "Saturday Night Live." It reflects a deep sensitivity by the president and his aides to accusations that his verbal assault on the free press, personalized attacks on political targets and racially charged language could incite violence. But it also illustrates a tactic that those who know Trump say he has used for decades to shape coverage while tearing down his opponents — comment on the issues he wants to amplify and get covered, while ignoring those that don’t fit his preferred narrative.

“Long before he arrived at the White House, President Trump learned to use media coverage to build a brand and shape positive narratives,” said a former White House official, who was granted anonymity to characterize the president’s approach to the media.

News of the alleged domestic terror plot comes the same week that the president has ramped up his criticism of the media, insisting that The New York Times is “a true ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE,” despite warnings from the newspaper’s publisher that such rhetoric puts journalists in danger. He also went after The Washington Post’s fact checker, a section that tracks Trump’s misstatements.

People close to the president argue that Trump shouldn’t be held responsible for the actions of a small group of disturbed individuals who happen to support him. And Trump’s allies don’t believe he has any intention of curbing his criticism of the press. They also note that some members of the Trump administration have been targeted by the president’s critics, including Sanders, who was asked to leave a restaurant, and senior White House adviser Kellyanne Conway, who recently disclosed that she was assaulted at a restaurant last year.

The president regularly fumes in public and in private about negative coverage of him, and he also believes there’s a political utility to undercutting the reporters who cover him, according to people who know him.

It’s a strategy he’s been turning to most of his adult life, dating to his time in New York, where he would regularly engage with — and spar with — tabloid reporters.

“So, to a large extent he does it naturally, but his use of the media is also a product of a deliberate strategy to advance his own ideas and undercut contrary narratives,” the former White House official said.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/02/21/trump-coast-guard-officer-1179749

genuineoriginal

an interesting analysis of trump's use of the media:
From the article: "his use of the media is also a product of a deliberate strategy to advance his own ideas and undercut contrary narratives"

That is interesting since the media creates fake news that is a product of a deliberate strategy to advance their own ideas and undercut contrary reality.

ok doser

...(trump is ) a foreign relations joke ...

maybe not

At the beginning of the month, the Trump Administration announced that it was withdrawing from the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces (INF) Treaty. The agreement was signed with the Soviet Union in 1987. It eliminated nearly 2,700 short and medium-range nuclear missiles that U.S., NATO and Soviet forces had stationed in Europe.

But multiple U.S. presidents knew Russia was cheating, yet they didn’t do anything about it. And that cheating accelerated in recent years.

Moreover, when the treaty was signed it did not include China, Iran or North Korea.

China has been building nuclear weapons systems for years that we are not allowed to respond to because of this treaty.

North Korea already has nuclear weapons and Trump is attempting to deal with Kim Jong-un. Iran is trying to get nuclear weapons, and Trump is working hard to prevent that from happening.

As a result of Putin’s continued cheating and other inherent flaws in the 32 year-old agreement, Trump did the right thing in abandoning the INF treaty — hardly the action of someone who is weak on Russia.

Needless to say, Putin is furious. The Russian leader delivered his “state of the union” address Wednesday and attacked Trump for his strong stand, warning that Russia was ready for another “Cuban missile crisis.”

I wanted you to have this background because fired FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe is making the rounds of the talk show circuit and still clinging bitterly to the delusion that the president may be “a Russian asset."

Yet, Trump, unlike a certain previous president who actually promised to show Putin "flexibility,” had the guts to stand up to Putin and actually do something about his cheating.

https://patriotpost.us/opinion/61324-fighting-for-truth-and-justice

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
From the article: "his use of the media is also a product of a deliberate strategy to advance his own ideas and undercut contrary narratives"

That is interesting since the media creates fake news that is a product of a deliberate strategy to advance their own ideas and undercut contrary reality.

"Research finds that Trump has attracted a disproportionate (and unprecedented) number of “low-information voters” to his campaign. Furthermore, these voters are more likely to respond to emotional appeals — whether about the economy, immigration, Muslims, racial relations, sexism, and even hostility to the first African American U.S. president, Barack Obama.”

They are the ideal constituency for a candidate like Trump.

Low-information voters do not generally know certain basic facts about government and lack what psychologists call a “need for cognition.”

"Those with a high need for cognition have a positive attitude toward tasks that require reasoning and effortful thinking and are, therefore, more likely to invest the time and resources to do so when evaluating complex issues."

Those with a low need for cognition, on the other hand, find little reward in the collection and evaluation of new information when it comes to problem solving and the consideration of competing issue positions. They are more likely to rely on cognitive shortcuts, such as “experts” or other opinion leaders, for cues.

ENEMY OF CRITICAL THINKING
ENEMY OF SCIENCE
ENEMY OF HISTORY
ENEMY OF COMMMON SENSE
ENEMY OF EVIDENCE, DATA AND FACTS

Thanks and Happy Trails!

aikido7
ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE

ok doser

eight years of bammy and the morons thought they had a monopoly on the process :chuckle:

ok doser

more from the gary bauer article:

Fighting for Truth & Justice

Growing up I used to watch Superman. One of the opening lines of the show was that Superman was always fighting for truth, justice and the American way. Is that quaint? Well, maybe not.

When I got up this morning, it occurred to me that many people, some powerful and others not, are fighting for truth, justice and the American way. Here are some examples.

The northern Kentucky family of Nick Sandmann, clearly not powerful people, watched helplessly as their son was attacked by a left-wing media lynch mob. They are now suing the Washington Post for $250 million.

I have no idea if they will succeed. But the lawsuit is a shot across the bow of other leftists who spread lies about conservatives. And if it causes more reporters to follow journalistic standards, that would be a victory by itself.

The much-maligned Chicago Police Department recently got a hate crime report from an influential gay, black actor, Jussie Smollett. While many on the left immediately accepted Smollett’s story at face value and rushed to attack the millions of Americans who support Donald Trump, the Chicago police methodically did its job.

Thursday morning, they took Smollett into custody for filing a false report. If you missed Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson’s press conference, it’s well worth watching.

Professor Donald Harris, who none of us have heard of before, issued an extraordinary statement taking his daughter, Senator Kamala Harris (D-CA), to task for bragging about her past drug use and her Jamaican roots. He said his parents and grandmothers “must be turning in their grave right now” at such a crass “pursuit of identity politics."

Professor Harris concluded his statement by writing: "Speaking for myself and my immediate Jamaican family, we wish to categorically dissociate ourselves from this travesty.”

Finally, there is the case of Hoda Muthana, an Islamic supremacist who left America to become an ISIS bride. She frequently posted anti-American propaganda to her social media accounts and attempted to incite jihadi attacks here in the U.S.

Now that the ISIS caliphate has been crushed, Muthana wants to come home to America. But President Trump and Secretary of State Pompeo say she abandoned her claim to citizenship and will not be allowed into the country.

So a Midwestern family, a father undoubtedly proud of his accomplished daughter, a hard-working big city police department, our president and secretary of state have all defended truth, justice and the American way this week.

A salute to all of them on this sunny winter day in D.C.!

The Mueller Report

The hot rumor in Washington is that Special Counsel Robert Mueller will issue his final report sometime in the next two weeks, perhaps as early as next week. We’ve heard this before. But I wonder if it may be true this time.

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein is stepping down sometime next month and President Trump has already named his replacement. Many Washington insiders have speculated that Rosenstein was only staying on in order to see the Mueller probe to completion.

In addition, President Trump is scheduled to be out of the country next week for a second round of sensitive talks with North Korea. And it would be just like the deep state to drop the final Mueller report then.

We’ve commented before that the deep state likes to strike whenever the president leaves the country — right when he is preoccupied and not here to defend himself. The timing just can’t be coincidental.

https://patriotpost.us/opinion/61324-fighting-for-truth-and-justice