Offensive words?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
We could take this thread into a fun direction.

What do you think was the very first word ever created to be offensive?
"Dogs" and "children" were appropriated, so they don't count. Mk7:27KJV Lk7:32KJV

But maybe "fool." Lk11:40KJV Lk24:25KJV

When was it created? Ps14:1KJV

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Yep, and I'll say it for you. Town is one who counts himself superior in every way
Nope. That's just your insecurity getting the best of you, again.

But, his digs are nastier than those more clearly and plainly spoken.
Not even a little true, which is why you'll write it but never find an illustration for it.

Give me a real person brave enough to not cower behind a bunch of fancy dagger filled words.
There's nothing brave about posting anonymously on the internet, no matter how you do it.

Nope. Same challenge that you won't meet.

His words are an insult, and he seems to think that using flowery speech instead of pointed speech is less of an "insult".
Flowery speech it usually the way someone describes their own limitations as a writer or humorist, if indirectly.

"I can be just as insulting, but I'm a better person because my insults are more flowery than yours."​
I would never be dull enough to believe that, let alone think it.

What a crock!
You should consider that as a motto.

glorydaz

Nope. That's just your insecurity getting the best of you, again.

Not even a little true, which is why you'll write it but never find an illustration for it.

There's nothing brave about posting anonymously on the internet, no matter how you do it.

Nope. Same challenge that you won't meet.

Flowery speech it usually the way someone describes their own limitations as a writer or humorist, if indirectly.

I would never be dull enough to believe that, let alone think it.

You should consider that as a motto.

It's time to put off childish things, Town.

No one is buying your crap...so stop dishing it out.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
"Cracker" means a person that whips slaves and comes from "cracking the whip".
If you make the assumption that "cracker" means "white guy" then you are saying that every "white guy" a cruel slaver.

That has been assumed by some and the rational seems sensible. Problem is the word had its most salient meaning in the South, particularly around the Georgia northern hill country and west into Alabama and northwest Mississippi for folks who eschewed modern life, in favour of a rustic existence, away from then new central authority, as seem with making liquor and hunting and fishing without seasons.

They are often depicted as backwoods hillbillies, yet there is a difference between crackers and the hill-folk of the Appalachian mountains.

Some trace the word "cracker' to the manual cracking of corn. The word is more used to identify those who prefer rural anonymity and a preference for a more solitary life close to nature. There are very few identified crackers left in the US and the use of the word, as used, is moribund today, such being its fluid use and misuse.

glorydaz

I'm giving up Connect 4 for Lent.

Like I said, you can declare anything, but you'll never back it up with more. And when pressed to, this is the best you have in your quiver.

Telling.

Supra.

I wouldn't bother to draw an arrow from my quiver when facing a Clown such as you. I'd merely chuckle and point as I went on my way.

Need I really say anything more? :sigh:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Says every fool who cannot see.
You should put a "So mote it be," or something behind that. Really give it heft. :plain:

What's really funny about that is that while you can't manage to produce the support for your whole, "You think you're superior," shtick, you do make a decent inferential case about you in that regard.

Or, the person who can judge a fool must be superior to the fool, or at least think they are.

I'm never detoured by a piece of crap in my path, and will always call it what it is.
The person who says that feels comfortably superior too.

So that's funny.

I know that chaps your little hiney. :chuckle:
I know how frustrated you are by how quickly you go to this sort of bit.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
A fool is the best description for a foolish person, so that can't count.

i find cracker to be a good description for one who is dirt-poor

i don't find it any more offensive than dirt-poor :idunno:

and with it come certain expectations of values, morals and norms

same as ni66er :idunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.