Jesus CANNOT be Jehovah/YHVH God

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dartman

The passages I presented enhaced one another. In no way did they detract from one another.
I'm sorry, I guess I wasn't clear enough;

You ignored the passages presented, and appear to be trying to contradict them.

Deut 18:17-18 And Jehovah said unto me, They have well said that which they have spoken. 18 I will raise them up a prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee; and I will put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

John 12:49-50 For I spake not from myself; but the Father that sent me, He hath given me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. 50 And I know that His commandment is life eternal: the things therefore which I speak, even as the Father hath said unto me, so I speak.

John 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my words: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's who sent me.

It is impossible for Jesus to be "Jehovah" because Jesus is NOT the source of the words he spoke, his God is.

His FATHER is Jehovah!

TrevorL

Greetings again Apple7,
Don't keep bringing up Psalm 110 if you can't talk about it... Psalm 110 changes from First-Person to Third-Person in the dialogue of Yahweh. Thus....the only logical conclusion that one can arrive at is that Yahweh is more than one Person. Hence, we have The Trinity. Simple.
The way I read Psalm 110 is that after a brief introduction by David, it is Yahweh that is speaking to and about David’s Lord. Yahweh, God the Father is this one speaker.
Your hatred of Hebrew is duely noted... 'Adonee' is used as a proper name of God, only, in hundreds upon hundreds of OT passages. Study up, Trev...
My understanding of Adon and Adonai is that it represents Ruler, Master, Lord, Superior. It does not mean God.
You can't possibly be this stupid on your own, Trev. You are so afraid of the Hebrew that you can only look at capitalized and non-capitalized English words - to the TOTAL disregard of the original Hebrew words used in Psalm 110. Why do you do this, Trev? What are you so afraid of?
It was you who highlighted LORD and Lord. I am fully aware that LORD is Yahweh, God the Father and Lord is Adonai, David’s Ruler, Master Lord, Superior. Are you suggesting that Peter is proving here that God has exalted Jesus to be “God”, if this is the meaning of the word “Lord” in Acts 2:36?
The 'Right Hand of God' ALWAYS refers to God The Holy Spirit in scripture. I've been telling you this for over a year - but you keep burying your head in the sand...
In the context of Psalm 110:1 the right hand is where Jesus is seated.
Jesus' Throne is not an earthly throne, Trev. We have already been over this numerous times...
It will the Kingdom of God, aka the Kingdom of Heaven to be established upon earth in Jerusalem for the 1000 years when Christ returns.
Where does David ever declare 'My Throne' like Jesus does?
The throne that David sat on was the throne of David, aka Yahweh’s throne because David represented Yahweh. Where is your problem here in understanding that God was going to give to Jesus the throne of his father David. Once given, it is Jesus' throne.
Where is David?
In the grave, awaiting the resurrection Acts 2:29,34.
Please tell us exactly how Isaiah SAW The Word of God!
Isaiah saw Isaiah 2:1-4 in vision. Prophets were known as seers. The nations are still at war.

Kind regards
Trevor

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
The actions of the secular Roman empire are NOT relevant to the apostacy of the "Holy Roman empire". Nor, do those killings relate to ANY "falling away" within the Church, which Jesus, Paul, John and others foretold, as I have shown.
In Scripture, NATIONS are portrayed as beasts, while those why SHOULD be following God are portrayed as fornicating women.
I am certain that SOME of them were faithful. The crucial determining factor is; Did they teach the same "Jesus' the apostles PREACHED? Did they teach the same "Gospel" that Jesus and the apostles preached; sleep in death, resurrected to inherit the earth?
How do you see Trinitarians?

I'm a former Unitarian. I believed that based strictly on an interpretation of the Bible, that Trinitarianism was unwarranted, and instead believed in Unitarianism.

I also know from being a former Unitarian that there are some major concerns with the interpretation, and it's mainly because of multiple passages in the Gospel of John, starting right at "the beginning" (John 1:1 KJV), and multiple Pauline passages, and some others here and there. I was conscious of the concerns, but they didn't therefore necessarily mean to me that Trinitarianism was instead correct.

I know my faith in God was genuine then, I considered myself and identified as Christian. What I didn't do was think much about Christ's Resurrection. I believed it, but I didn't ponder it. Soon I drifted from Christianity to Islam, because I clung to God's sovereignty as the focus of my faith in Him, and so far as I could tell, Islam teaches and believes more fervently and strongly in His absolute power over creation, than does even Christianity's Clavinism, so I converted to a Muslim theologically.

It wasn't until I pondered further the path of history, that I had /chose to return to the Christian faith, and this time around it was through Catholicism, at first only due to its role in history (in combination with God's complete sovereignty---how could Catholicism have happened at all, without at least His permission?), and then through her Mass and especially the Eucharist (Catholicism's belief in the Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharist, and some other distinguishing beliefs /teachings, aligns with my own conviction that the most 'literal' interpretation of Scripture, whenever possible, is best), and finally through meditation upon the nonfiction historical fact of Christ's Resurrection, and all that it means.

In fact, now I equate my faith in His Resurrection, with my faith in Him. I believe that my reading of 1st Corinthians 15:14 KJV conforms to the authentic Christian faith, that believing in Christ is tantamount to believing in His Resurrection, and vice versa. I further believe that based upon this, and upon my own experience while a Unitarian, that Unitarians who believe in Christ's Resurrection are in fact my siblings in Christ---authentic Christians---however wayward in others points of doctrine I believe them to be. Christ's Resurrection is the thing, the one thing needful, to believe to be a Christian.

So how do you think of Trinitarians? I believe that you believe in Christ's Resurrection, and so you are my sibling in Christ, but you must believe that I am an idolater, correct? Because I believe that Christ is God. Since you do not believe that He is God, then according to your view, I must be an idolater, correct?

Being now theologically Catholic, and approving of praying to Mary (Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee; blessed art though among women, and blessed is the Fruit of thy womb Jesus, Holy Mary...), I'm used to being accused of idolatry. Protestants accuse us of worshiping Mary, and of being idolaters because of this.

Do you think that this alleged Trinitarian idolatry is fatal to our salvation? Do Protestants believe that Catholics who pray to Mary are damned because of this alleged idolatry?

Dartman

How do you see Trinitarians?
Both trinity, and oneness teach "ANOTHER Jesus", a "Jesus" that is NEVER .... EVER... preached to ANY audience in the Scriptures. The Scriptures CLEARLY warn the Church regarding that. The strictly unitarian God of the OT, matches PERFECTLY with the unitarian God of the NT, as Jesus phrased it, "the ONLY true God".
Without believing in the TRUE God, it is IMPOSSIBLE to please the TRUE God.
Heb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, FOR he that cometh to God MUST BELIEVE that HE is, AND that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him.

Idolater said:
... I believe that you believe in Christ's Resurrection
Absolutely! A LITERAL Resurrection BACK to life. Everything that was Jesus died. Everything that was Jesus was buried in the tomb, and a gloriously CHANGED Jesus was brought BACK to life, stood/raised himself upright, and Jesus walked out of that tomb, with the wounds of his crucifixion intact.
Idolater said:
...and so you are my sibling in Christ
Not quite. We agree on this doctrine, but if you are Catholic you believe in a different God, a different Jesus, a different Gospel .. (going to heaven rather than inheriting the earth), and several other critical errors. That prohibit's fellowship.

Idolater said:
but you must believe that I am an idolater, correct? Because I believe that Christ is God. Since you do not believe that He is God, then according to your view, I must be an idolater, correct?
Sadly, you are correct. I pray that you will CONTINUE your search for truth.

Idolater said:
Being now theologically Catholic, and approving of praying to Mary (Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee; blessed art though among women, and blessed is the Fruit of thy womb Jesus, Holy Mary...), I'm used to being accused of idolatry. Protestants accuse us of worshiping Mary, and of being idolaters because of this.

Do you think that this alleged Trinitarian idolatry is fatal to our salvation?
Yes, I do... and that makes me sad for you, and your siblings.
Idolater said:
Do Protestants believe that Catholics who pray to Mary are damned because of this alleged idolatry?
It certainly seems to be what they are saying.
I am not a Protestant, I am part of the original apostolic Church the Catholics fell away from.
Protestants were absolutely right in their disgust at the moral depravity of the Papacy, AND the totally NONBiblical, NONCHRISTIAN behavior of the Papacy, doing EXACTLY what Jesus commanded NOT be done;
Luke 22:25-27 And he said unto them, The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and they that exercise authority upon them are called benefactors. 26 But ye shall not be so: but he that is greatest among you, let him be as the younger; and he that is chief, as he that doth serve.
27 For whether is greater, he that sitteth at meat, or he that serveth? is not he that sitteth at meat? but I am among you as he that serveth.

Throughout history, I don't know of any ruler that exceeded the opulence, the pomp and the "lordship" of the Papacy.

BUT, the Protestants didn't go far enough to actually RETURN to their apostolic roots .... they STILL cling to another God, another Jesus and another Gospel.

Both Catholics and Protestants do NOT obey Christ's commandments of peace. BOTH have murdered my siblings throughout the centuries.

The Protestants are daughters of the Catholic apostasy..... which is why the apostate church is called "the mother of harlots".

Rev 17:5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

I feel bad for how harsh this reality is, but I have no choice but to tell the truth ... at least as I currently understand it.

I pray you will recover your self from the snare of Idolatry, and false gospel.

I pray we BOTH will be led into greater truth.

chair

Do you not even have a Bible handy? It's in the very first verse of the chapter.

The Lord said to my Lord, “Sit at My right hand, Till I make Your enemies Your footstool.” - Psalm 110:1 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm110:1&version=NKJV

:duh:

It appears in the English translations- but it is not in the original Hebrew. The Hebrew says "to my right". I'm surprised that Apple missed this, as he has spent years studying Biblical Hebrew (as well as Arabic)

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm sorry, I guess I wasn't clear enough;

You ignored the passages presented, and appear to be trying to contradict them.

Deut 18:17-18 And Jehovah said unto me, They have well said that which they have spoken. 18 I will raise them up a prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee; and I will put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

John 12:49-50 For I spake not from myself; but the Father that sent me, He hath given me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. 50 And I know that His commandment is life eternal: the things therefore which I speak, even as the Father hath said unto me, so I speak.

John 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my words: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's who sent me.

It is impossible for Jesus to be "Jehovah" because Jesus is NOT the source of the words he spoke, his God is.

His FATHER is Jehovah!

That is correct. Because you have misinterpreted what scripture says. Jesus was in the beginning with God and is therefore the eternal Son of God, God the Son!

Dartman

That is correct. Because you have misinterpreted what scripture says.
That's possible. I am happy to reexamine my doctrine.
BR said:
Jesus was in the beginning with God
Says no verse ever. And, your theory contradicts Jehovah's own words.
Jesus absolutely WAS planned from "of old, from everlasting" .... but Jehovah/YHVH God HIMSELF said Jesus would "come forth unto me"....
That is unto Jehovah HIMSELF, in Bethlehem.
Mic 5:2 But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.
BR said:
and is therefore the eternal Son of God,
Says no verse ever.

BR said:
God the Son!
Says no verse ever.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That's possible. I am happy to reexamine my doctrine.
Says no verse ever. And, your theory contradicts Jehovah's own words.
Jesus absolutely WAS planned from "of old, from everlasting" .... but Jehovah/YHVH God HIMSELF said Jesus would "come forth unto me"....
That is unto Jehovah HIMSELF, in Bethlehem.
Mic 5:2 But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.
Says no verse ever.

Says no verse ever.

Read John 1:1-5 and 1 John 1:1-2

John 1:1-5 New King James Version (NKJV)
The Eternal Word
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not [a]comprehend it.

1 John 1:1-2 New King James Version (NKJV)
What Was Heard, Seen, and Touched
1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, concerning the Word of life— 2 the life was manifested, and we have seen, and bear witness, and declare to you that eternal life which was with the Father and was manifested to us—

Dartman

Read John 1:1-5 and 1 John 1:1-2

The Eternal Word
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not [a]comprehend it.
This text is talking about God's words. Jesus isn't discussed until verse 7.
BR said:
1 John 1:1-2 New King James Version (NKJV)
What Was Heard, Seen, and Touched
1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, concerning the Word of life— 2 the life was manifested, and we have seen, and bear witness, and declare to you that eternal life which was with the Father and was manifested to us—
Yes, Jesus fulfilled his God's words. The apostles saw that fulfillment, and were in direct contact with the Christ.

Again, these texts simply do not state your premise.

You are totally reliant on a brainwashed understanding of these texts .... rather than what the text ACTUALLY STATES.

Dartman

Dartman still cannot understand the dual natures of Jesus.... too bad.
Of course I understand what you are saying. The problem is, the Scriptures don't agree with your theory.

2 Cor 11:3-4 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

There isn't a single example, of ANY sermon being PREACHED to ANY audience this "dual nature" theory.
Therefore, I reject the notion.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This text is talking about God's words. Jesus isn't discussed until verse 7.
Yes, Jesus fulfilled his God's words. The apostles saw that fulfillment, and were in direct contact with the Christ.

Again, these texts simply do not state your premise.

You are totally reliant on a brainwashed understanding of these texts .... rather than what the text ACTUALLY STATES.

JESUS is the WORD. Once you come to that CORRECT conclusion, your theology will change.

The Eternal Word

John 1:14 New King James Version (NKJV)
The Word Becomes Flesh
14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.