Trinity Proof Scriptures

clefty

And what difference does it make if God is spirit or a spirit?

The meaning stays the same. God is Divine...a spirit being and must be worshipped in spirit.

Put your emotions on the back burner and stop imagining a person is "bitter and vindictive". You can't see into a man's heart, so stop pretending like you can.

Now THAT is funny...on both counts...that you left off “and in truth” and the other thingy you said about fantasizing about another person...

Rich...that is...

NWL

For Jesus to have received glory is for that glory which He received to have gone TO JESUS. The glory that is going to Jesus is (guess what!) going to Jesus. Besides that, where, in Philippians 2:8-11 KJV, do we read anything, whatsoever, about Jesus "passing glory onto someone else"? The fact is that NOWHERE do we find that.

Why don't you try to describe exactly what (if anything) you think it would be for someone to "pass glory onto someone else"?

It doesn't mention Jesus passing the glory directly, I've never made the claim it has. I claim that the glory was passed to the Father since the verse cleary reads that all people bending the knee to Jesus BUT to the fathers glory, either Jesus is the Father or the bending the knee is bending the knee to the Father through Jesus as the method of access to the Father as I've mentioned numerous times now which you have not acknowledged, once again "no one come to the Father expect though me" (John 14:6).

(Ephesians 2:18) "..because through him [Jesus] we, both peoples, have free access to the Father by one spirit.."

Why don't you try to describe exactly what (if anything) you think it would be for someone to "pass glory onto someone else"?

This is so simple I can't believe you even answered it. Imagine a genius mathematician wins a prize due to his intellect and people glorify him telling him tonnes of wonderful things about how smart he is and he states "don't praise me, praise my father, he taught me everything I know about maths". The genius mathematician has taken all the praised he has received and basically said, "my father is the smarter and greater man than me, he should be the one praised". Likewise, Jesus came to earth to do the Father will, if the Fathers will was done then it only makes sense that the Father is glorified more than the son since it was his will that the work be done in the first place, Jesus was simply the father spokesperson/representative.

(John 12:49) "..For I have not spoken of my own initiative, but the Father who sent me has himself given me a commandment about what to say and what to speak.."

(John 7:16) "..Jesus, in turn, answered them and said: “What I teach is not mine, but belongs to him who sent me.."

NWL

NOWHERE does it say that the glory given to Jesus is NOT to Jesus' own glory. For the Bible to say that would be for the Bible to egregiously contradict the Bible, the way you egregiously contradict the Bible.

As already stated nowhere does it mention the verse is about the glorification of Jesus, we can say Jesus was gloried in a sense by the actions of the Father, but the verse makes clear that the glorification was to the Father. An argument from silence is not an argument at all, we take the bible for what it says and not for what it does not say, this is basic logic.

Again you ignore my points and questions, if you lack the ability to answer them have the Christian humility to admit that you either can't or won't, then I will know where we stand.

I ask again:

1. According to the bible, who ultimately receives worship out of all creation? Animals, Humans, Angels or God?

Defintion: ultimately
at the most basic level.
"ultimately he has only himself to blame"
synonyms: fundamentally, basically, primarily, essentially, at heart, deep down
"he gave two ultimately contradictory reasons"

2. Since Jesus stated "no one come to the father except through me", if we want approach the Father in worship who do we need to direct that worship through according to John 14:6?

3. Since you deny that it was through Isaac and Jacob/Israel who the promise to Abraham by God is through, do tell us who it is through?

Abraham's seed through Isaac - "..For not all who descend from Israel are really “Israel.” 7 Neither are they all children because they are Abraham’s seed; rather, “What will be called your seed will be through Isaac.” (Romans 9:7, 8)

Dartman

Banning is what a Pharisee and the Inquisition does...so threatened by the dissenting message or so insecure in their own belief they must censore even kill the other argument...lest it persuade...
Your observation about Inquisitions, and similar attempts to censor is correct, but that isn't the point. The need for banning isn't the CONTENT of the message, it is the highly inappropriate personal attacks, that destroy the atmosphere of polite discussion.

clefty

Your observation about Inquisitions, and similar attempts to censor is correct, but that isn't the point.
actually I think it is...you are on a moderated site and speech is NOT free and if the home field throws rocks at you while you score your goals...well that’s all part of it...score anyway

it’s amazing what thicker skin even Paul had to grow...not easy going from hunter to hunted...but well you were warned and this is no big cross...compared to what others in history went through...

BTW you think that militant church persecution is NOT going to happen again...LOL...please note Paul, Stephen et al were NOT persecuted by the world but by the church...by those who they used to fellowship with...put on the whole armor my friend...this does not end...we will be killed some day...unless you go MAD and then believe you are removed saved raptured and can avoid the trouble you helped to trigger...

As for me and my house we will serve Yah...and pray our flight will not occur in winter or Sabbaths...

The need for banning isn't the CONTENT of the message, it is the highly inappropriate personal attacks, that destroy the atmosphere of polite discussion.
you need a safe space? LOL...polite discussion? LOL

Bro if you dont sharpen your defenses, your wit, or sword in here you will be easily cowed out there in the streets...when the knock on the door comes for you...

Good men for centuries now have not “rocked the boat” more because of the protestant tolerance to move and expand...go along to get along...prosperity for all...

but militant church is coming to be sure...and if you were to preach the gospel of repentance and salvation and obedience through HIM ALONE you will be persecuted for hate speech intolerance racism/anti semitic et al

I advise you to get used to this here become wise as serpents and prepare to be harmless as doves out there where moderators will not even be around to call off the attacks on your person...

Will you remain uncompromised?

As Mike Tyson said “everyone has a plan until smacked in the mouth”...you better have more than a plan but a belief and conviction and training and conditioning and armor and endurance and perseverance and long suffering...oh did I meantion long suffering? It starts here at TOL...

Carry a golden calf, follow a sacred cow, be goyim and you will be cowed...LOL

Dartman

actually I think it is...you are on a moderated site and speech is NOT free and if the home field throws rocks at you while you score your goals...well that’s all part of it...score anyway
I haven't quit yet. LOL

But some of the reply posts are void of any value, and are virulent in content.

clefty

I haven't quit yet. LOL

But some of the reply posts are void of any value, and are virulent in content.

I know...just forgive them...they know not what they do...ha...obviously...

Keep your head up...let Him guide you and encourage you...and discipline your tongue focus your energy on that which is good of Him His way...its good to expose the wolves even if it’s ‘cause they bite different than sheep...

and let their vitriol be a desperate last resort exposing they have no counter or better response...

Again historically those dying for something were more compelling than those doing the killing...let it be for Him His ways...on earth as it is in heaven...

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
Not quite, Jesus said God is spirit...... the "a" isn't in the Greek, or most modern translations.

Another "Straw Man". I didn't claim Jesus SAID the word "part". But, I think even you, as bitter and vindictive as you are, will admit that Jesus' remark was NOT intended to be a detailed explanation of ALL that God is.

It doesn't matter that you didn't claim that "Jesus SAID the word "part"".

Since God, according to Jesus, in Scripture, is a spirit, it follows that, when you claim that the Holy Spirit is PART of God, you are necessarily implying that the Holy Spirit is PART of a spirit.

Interesting, also, that you deny that God is a spirit. Why don't you try to explain how something or someone can be spirit without being a spirit?

7djengo7

Imagine a genius mathematician wins a prize due to his intellect and people glorify him telling him tonnes of wonderful things about how smart he is and he states "don't praise me, praise my father, he taught me everything I know about maths". The genius mathematician has taken all the praised he has received and basically said, "my father is the smarter and greater man than me, he should be the one praised". Likewise, Jesus came to earth to do the Father will, if the Fathers will was done then it only makes sense that the Father is glorified more than the son since it was his will that the work be done in the first place, Jesus was simply the father spokesperson/representative.

Where, in Scripture, does Jesus say, to anyone, "don't praise me", or, "don't glorify me"? Nowhere.
Where, in Scripture, is it said that "the Father is glorified more than the son"? Nowhere.

Interesting, also, your words regarding your "genius mathematician": you say he "wins a prize due to his intellect". The prize/praise, as you just admitted, is DUE HIM--DUE HIS INTELLECT. Why SHOULDN'T that "genius mathematician" receive the prize/praise DUE him? Did the father of your "genius mathematician" win the prize/praise? Did the father of your "genius mathematician" deserve to win the prize/praise?

What (if anything) was the point of your little "genius mathematician" story? Obviously, it had nothing to do with the Bible.

...the bending the knee is bending the knee to the Father through Jesus as the method of access to the Father...

Either the knee-bowing and tongue-confessing are to Jesus, or they are not. You can't have it both ways. Which do you say it is? Are the knee-bowing and tongue-confessing to Jesus? Yes or No?

So long as you answer neither "Yes" nor "No", you will have failed to answer the question, and you will continue to demonstrate your dedication to obfuscation.

Dartman

Interesting, also, that you deny that God is a spirit.
I have never denied God is spirit.
7djengo7 said:
Why don't you try to explain how something or someone can be spirit without being a spirit?
Easy ... there is more than one definition of "spirit".
Jesus was contrasting the Samaritan worship, with Jewish worship, AND with New Testament worship.
Jesus criticized the Jewish Leadership for having the WRONG spirit, and instructed them to not JUST keep the Law, but to draw near to God MENTALLY and EMOTIONALLY (which is the most common usage of "spirit" in the Scriptures) ...... and in truth.
God is the perfect mind/spirit. We are to transform our mind/spirit to be like His mind/spirit.

See, Scriptural harmony, with out the pagan superstitions.

clefty

Jesus was contrasting the Samaritan worship, with Jewish worship, AND with New Testament worship.
Jesus criticized the Jewish Leadership for having the WRONG spirit, and instructed them to not JUST keep the Law, but to draw near to God MENTALLY and EMOTIONALLY (which is the most common usage of "spirit" in the Scriptures) ...... and in truth.
God is the perfect mind/spirit. We are to transform our mind/spirit to be like His mind/spirit.

Yes worship in SPIRIT and in TRUTH...Matthew records Yahushua teaching not once but twice “Rather mercy than sacrifice”...the OT was to teach exactly that...a change of heart...the inner man...Israel was to be a blessing that revealed that He wanted ALL to be transformed to learn HIM HIS WAYS of mercy rather than sacrifice...

to change the inner man...circumcise the heart to be a blessing in order that ALL Nations be blessed and come to worship at Jerusalem His house of prayer for all...but jews their pharisees had kept it to themselves until finally Yahushua had to come and remind them again it was ALWAYS ONE LAW for native and believing goyim ALIKE...is why they HATED Him...well one of the reasons...

Yup all those sacrifices failed to do that...failed to change the spirit of the inner man...oy veh!

7djengo7

Again, you deny that God is A SPIRIT. And, to deny that God is A SPIRIT is to deny that God is spirit.

What you just wrote, there, is a load of emotive, puerile, pagan gobbledygook, and has not a shred of resemblance to anything in the Bible.

glorydaz

Now THAT is funny...on both counts...that you left off “and in truth” and the other thingy you said about fantasizing about another person...

Rich...that is...

That was so you wouldn't get distracted. But, look, you got distracted after all. :chuckle:

glorydaz

I know...just forgive them...they know not what they do...ha...obviously...

Keep your head up...let Him guide you and encourage you...and discipline your tongue focus your energy on that which is good of Him His way...its good to expose the wolves even if it’s ‘cause they bite different than sheep...

and let their vitriol be a desperate last resort exposing they have no counter or better response...

Again historically those dying for something were more compelling than those doing the killing...let it be for Him His ways...on earth as it is in heaven...

Is this the pep talk they tell you to give to your Kingdom Hall brothers....or is it SDA?

clefty

That was so you wouldn't get distracted. But, look, you got distracted after all. :chuckle:

Yes...talking to you I tend to look to see if the paint is drying...or listen for a dog barking in the distance...

Anything at all...oh look an emoji YAAAY

7djengo7

If you can, then actually explain how all the actions done to Jesus in Phil 2:8-11 are to him yet the verse states it not to his glory, but to the Fathers.[/COLOR]

Again, where does Paul, in Philippians 2:8-11 KJV, state that the things done to the glory of Jesus are NOT done to the glory of Jesus? Obviously, nowhere. If he did so, he would be contradicting himself, since he has, in the same passage, made it clear that those things are done to the glory of Jesus.

If you want to say that God the Father's highly exalting Jesus, and His giving Jesus a name above every other name, is NOT to the glory of Jesus, then you're a raving fool who has no hope of meaningful discourse with rational people.

clefty

Again, where does Paul, in Philippians 2:8-11 KJV, state that the things done to the glory of Jesus are NOT done to the glory of Jesus? Obviously, nowhere. If he did so, he would be contradicting himself, since he has, in the same passage, made it clear that those things are done to the glory of Jesus.

If you want to say that God the Father's highly exalting Jesus, and His giving Jesus a name above every other name, is NOT to the glory of Jesus, then you're a raving fool who has no hope of meaningful discourse with rational people.

“Jesus” is NOT the name given BTW

genuineoriginal

Where, in Scripture, does Jesus say, to anyone, "don't praise me", or, "don't glorify me"? Nowhere.
Why would you think Jesus was supposed to say "don't praise me" or, "don't glorify me"?

Wasn't Jesus the prophet like unto Moses in fulfillment of prophecy?
Wasn't Jesus the prophesied Messiah?
Wasn't Jesus the descendant of King David who would sit on the throne of David in fulfillment of prophecy?
Wasn't Jesus the only begotten Son of God?

What about Jesus makes Him unworthy of praise and glory?

7djengo7

Why would you think Jesus was supposed to say "don't praise me" or, "don't glorify me"?

Wasn't Jesus the prophet like unto Moses in fulfillment of prophecy?
Wasn't Jesus the prophesied Messiah?
Wasn't Jesus the descendant of King David who would sit on the throne of David in fulfillment of prophecy?
Wasn't Jesus the only begotten Son of God?

What about Jesus makes Him unworthy of praise and glory?

Since Jesus is the LORD God, He is, indeed, worthy of all the praise and glory due God alone. Give unto the LORD the glory due unto His name. O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt His name together. Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and Him only shalt thou serve. I will praise Thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart: and I will glorify Thy name for evermore. The LORD He is God; there is none else beside Him. Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for Thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before Thee.