Andrew Cuomo and ‘Everyone Who Voted for Him Deserves Excommunication’

drbrumley

For NY Abortion Law, says John Zmirak.

John Zmirak, senior editor at The Stream and author of The Politically Incorrect Guide to Catholicism, said Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D-NY) should be excommunicated from the Catholic Church following New York’s passage of a law codifying abortion as a “fundamental right” across the Empire State.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned

Andrew Cuomo deserves Excommunication for sure.

Two US bishops support excommunication of New York Governor over ‘vile’ abortion law
https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/t...cation-of-new-york-governor-over-vile-abortio

Washington, D.C., January 25, 2019 (LifeSiteNews) – Two U.S. bishops are calling for the excommunication of New York Governor Andrew Cuomo for his role in enshrining a “fundamental right” to virtually-unlimited abortion in the state.

Knoxville, Tennessee, Bishop Richard Stika and Tyler, Texas, Bishop Joseph Strickland both indicated that if Cuomo lived in their jurisdiction they would take action. Strickland urged Cuomo’s ordinaries to do so.

“Someone asked me today if I would issue an excommunication of a Catholic Governor under my jurisdiction if the Governor did the same as in New York,” Stika tweeted Thursday afternoon. “I think I might do it for any Catholic legislator under my jurisdiction who voted for the bill as well as the Governor.”

“Enough is enough,” said Stika. “Excommunication is to be not a punishment but to bring the person back into the Church. It's like medicine for them. But this vote is so hideous and vile that it warrants the act. But thankfully I am not in that position. Very sad”
..........(SNIP)