Ask Knight (Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Freak said:
I'm happily married and have a wonderful family. So you don't believe water baptism serve a symbolic purpose but what about a wedding ring?
A wedding also profits you nothing, in fact it usually eats up a large chunk of your profit. :D

Freak

Knight said:
A wedding also profits you nothing, in fact it usually eats up a large chunk of your profit. :D
Okay.

So, does this mean doing things (like getting water baptized) for symbolic purposes is pleasing to God, as wearing a wedding ring that symbolizes your commitment to your wife? Water baptism could serve a symbolic purpose and does to many believers.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Knight said:
I know, I know... I was being lazy.

Water baptism was for Israel.
Knight

What do you believe the purpose of water baptism was? Salvation? If salvation is it because of John 3:5?

What do you feel the baptism of the holy spirit is for? Salvation?

Kevin

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Freak said:
Okay.

So, does this mean doing things (like getting water baptized) for symbolic purposes is pleasing to God, as wearing a wedding ring that symbolizes your commitment to your wife? Water baptism could serve a symbolic purpose and does to many believers.
Getting water baptized is similar to saying . . . God let me add to what you have done on the cross.

Freak

Knight said:
Getting water baptized is similar to saying . . . God let me add to what you have done on the cross.
Doing good works, which we were created to do (see Ephesians 2:10), could be perceived as saying, "God let me add to what you have done on the cross" but does that mean we cease good works because of how some may see it?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
kmoney said:
Knight

What do you believe the purpose of water baptism was? Salvation? If salvation is it because of John 3:5?

What do you feel the baptism of the holy spirit is for? Salvation?

Kevin
Baptism is a way of being recognized with Christ.

For Israel this was a symbolic work using water.

In this dispensation when we accept God's work on the cross we are baptized with the Holy Spirit and therefore recognized with Christ's death on the cross.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Knight said:
Baptism is a way of being recognized with Christ.

For Israel this was a symbolic work using water.

In this dispensation when we accept God's work on the cross we are baptized with the Holy Spirit and therefore recognized with Christ's death on the cross.

Does "recognized with Christ" = salvation?
Does "recognized with Christ's death on the cross" = salvation?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
kmoney said:
Does "recognized with Christ" = salvation?
Does "recognized with Christ's death on the cross" = salvation?
Yes and yes.

God tells us....
Romans 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

And when you do this you are baptized in to the Body of Christ through the Holy Spirit.

Romans 6:3 Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? 4 Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

...11 Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
theo_victis said:
Why can i shout more than once? When i am not obviously a subscriber? Am i just supposed to only shout once on my good conscience?
Maybe you shouted once before midnight and then shouted again after midnight.

Possible?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
kmoney said:
Can you give me scriptures, other than 1Cor 12-14 which you already gave, that speak of those gifts being specifically for that time and not ours? You do not need to write them out, just the references will do. Thanks.

Kevin
Knight,

Can you answer this?

Status
Not open for further replies.