The Christian's Involvement In Governement

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
List of Jewish leaders in the Land of Israel
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...Land_of_Israel

There were reasons that God approved of rulers and Kings in the time of the Israelites. Would you like to know what those were, according to the Bible?

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

You're singing a different tune from your earlier post:

For those who think that waiting for Jehovah to step in and solve all of man's problems would be a waste of time, the Israelites benefited every time they relied on Jehovah to protect them and defeat their enemies...

dcon

BANNED
Banned
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
List of Jewish leaders in the Land of Israel
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...Land_of_Israel

You're singing a different tune from your earlier post:
In Bible times, there were rulers or authorities that God put in place to govern His people in a way that He approved.
Samuel anointed Saul as king after God had designated Saul as his choice. (1Sa 10:1) David was anointed as king on three different occasions: once by Samuel, later by the men of Judah, and finally by all the tribes. (1Sa 16:13; 2Sa 2:4; 5:3)
There were and are rulers that God allows to keep the status quo, and also cause His will to be done.
The rulers of the nations of earth exercise their limited rulership by the toleration or permission of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah. That the political governments do not receive their authority from God, that is, that they are not acting by reason of any grant of authority or power from him, is shown at Revelation 13:1, 2, where the seven-headed, ten-horned wild beast is said to get “its power and its throne and great authority” from the Dragon, Satan the Devil.
This is obvious as no government on earth today is influenced by God through His Word, the Bible. For example, though the U. S. is considered by many to be a ' Christian nation ', the fact is that it's simply not true. The majority of people could care less about what Jehovah requires of people who wish to call themselves Christians, which literally means footstep followers of Christ.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

john w

Hall of Fame
Philippians 3:20 KJV For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:

In the present dispensation of the grace of God, respective members of the body of Christ's citizenship is in heaven, and we are not to be involved with "foreign" politics.

2 Corinthians 2 KJV
18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; 19 to wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. 20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ’s stead, be ye reconciled to God. 21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Ambassadors represent their "Commander In Chief" in a foreign land, and as such, are not be involved in "local" politics, and only are to be focused on the delivering of their chief's message, not their own, in His stead.

EOT. DOA.RIP. CLOSED.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Philippians 3:20 KJV For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:

In the present dispensation of the grace of God, respective members of the body of Christ's citizenship is in heaven, and we are not to be involved with "foreign" politics.

2 Corinthians 2 KJV
18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; 19 to wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. 20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ’s stead, be ye reconciled to God. 21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Ambassadors represent their "Commander In Chief" in a foreign land, and as such, are not be involved in "local" politics, and only are to be focused on the delivering of their chief's message, not their own, in His stead.

EOT. DOA.RIP. CLOSED.

In whatever a person does they should do it as unto God or for God's Kingdom. If they find themselves doing something else they are not doing the right thing. When a person gets a job they serve their boss but they can do so as unto God. In other words, they do what God wants them to do at work, which involves what their boss wants them to do. I have a school loan to pay. Then I wonder if I will want to have a boss.

john w

Hall of Fame
In whatever a person does they should do it as unto God or for God's Kingdom. If they find themselves doing something else they are not doing the right thing. When a person gets a job they serve their boss but they can do so as unto God. In other words, they do what God wants them to do at work, which involves what their boss wants them to do. I have a school loan to pay. Then I wonder if I will want to have a boss.
Oh.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

Thanks for acknowledging my post. I don't know what your oh means, but may I continue since you are listening? What if a boss is not a believer? It would be better for a boss to be a believer. But some people have to work. Different from only working at home on a farm or something.

Crucifer

BANNED
Banned
As much as possible. Otherwise you have a society shaped and run by the Godless and their immoralities.

Western civilization and Law is ultimately based on Judeo-Christian culture and the Ten Commandments.

Yeah, look how well that worked out for you.
Didn't fulfill the Crusades either.

It's like you're not aware that Christianity is apocalyptic, and that's why you choose to be spiteful and venomous like half this site.

john w

Hall of Fame
Thanks for acknowledging my post. I don't know what your oh means, but may I continue since you are listening? What if a boss is not a believer? It would be better for a boss to be a believer. But some people have to work. Different from only working at home on a farm or something.

Oh.

Aimiel

What if life isn't about taking authority? Just a question.
It isn't, IMHO... it's about being obedient to God. He directed us to pray for those IN authority.

1 Timothy 2:1-4

I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; for kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It isn't, IMHO... it's about being obedient to God. He directed us to pray for those IN authority.

I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; for kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

It doesn't mean that any of us are in authority, right?

woodeneye

BANNED
Banned

Praying for those in authority benefits Christian's because in some countries certain Christian organizations are under ban simply for preaching about God and his Kingdom. We pray that God might soften their hearts to allow believers to exercise their beliefs, and to assemble peacefully.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

Aimiel

It doesn't mean that any of us are in authority, right?
Neither does it mean that we aren't. What's your point? Do you believe that Christians should be doormats? We should set the standard for the world to follow. We don't want war, don't seek war; but when a war is necessary, we win. It isn't God's Nature to take sides, but He does see to it that the desires of evil men are thwarted.

Aimiel

Praying for those in authority benefits Christian's because in some countries certain Christian organizations are under ban simply for preaching about God and his Kingdom. We pray that God might soften their hearts to allow believers to exercise their beliefs, and to assemble peacefully.
Amen. :thumb:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Neither does it mean that we aren't. What's your point? Do you believe that Christians should be doormats? We should set the standard for the world to follow. We don't want war, don't seek war; but when a war is necessary, we win. It isn't God's Nature to take sides, but He does see to it that the desires of evil men are thwarted.

I don't want to be seen as a push over. I just don't think my "rights" matter as much as obedience to God. God values me even if others don't. So what do we do when others are bullies or evil or something? Do we just stand back and watch? How do we engage the enemy when we are supposed to love them? Having enemies is one thing. Being a good neighbor to all people is another. So maybe if we love everyone no one will be an enemy. When it is personal is different than when there is evil that it is all it can be called. Still, what then?

What if all people just wait until war is necessary and then win? That would create wars.