Did God become flesh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosenritter

Nope, Correction and REdirection.

The "goings forth" are the prophecies foretelling Jesus coming into existence in Bethlehem ..... even for Jehovah.
No, I didn't "miss" anything. All the author of Hebrews is saying is, almost nothing is known about Melchisedec , his birth isn't recorded, his death isn't recorded, and his lineage isn't recorded. The POINT Hebrews is making is, the Levitical priesthood came AFTER Melchisedec's ...... therefore, the Levitical priesthood is NOT the only possible legitimate priesthood.
Therefore, Jesus did NOT need to be of the tribe of Levi.

"Without beginning or end of days" are not the words of saying that one's death is unrecorded.

Rosenritter

And we have other "Christians" who don't believe what Jesus said about His return:

(Mark 13:30) Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.

The generation of light? Or the adulterous and sinful generation of the god of this world?

Matthew 23:33 KJV
(33) Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

Mark 8:38 KJV
(38) Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

Luke 16:8 KJV
(8) And the lord commended the unjust steward, because he had done wisely: for the children of this world are in their generation wiser than the children of light.

1 Peter 2:9-10 KJV(9) But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
(10) Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

-----------------------

I think it is FAR more likely that "this generation" is used in the broader sense of "the elect" (see Mark 13:20, just 10 verses prior) than that he meant a literal forty years and that Jesus somehow returned in fire and glory with his angels and judged the world and EVERYONE missed it.

6days

No, we see that Jesus accepts worship as Jehovah's Christ, which his God has commanded. And, Jesus forgives sin BECAUSE his God commanded him to, and authorized him to do.
Jesus the Son was not a subordinate of God the Father. We clearly see in Scripture that Jesus was omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent. The Jews of Jesus time, clearly understood that Jesus claimed equality with God. (Ex. John 5:18)

The verses you quote are all great. Yes, Jesus in His humanity was servant to God the Father. But Jesus is also our Creator God. John 1:3 NWT says "All things came into existence through him, and apart from him not even one thing came into existence. What has come into existence by means of him was life, " You seem to think contradictory to Scripture that Jesus come into existence, apart from Himself.... God's Word tells us that ALL things came into existence through Him. (Perhaps the 'tranlators' of the NWT should have inserted the word 'other' into that verse?

Using the NWT which is not a good translation (They won't even release the authorship / scholarship as other translations do)… Colossians 1:16 tells us that all created things are by Jesus. "because by means of him all other things were created in the heavens and on the earth, the things visible and the things invisible, whether they are thrones or lordships or governments or authorities." Hmmmmm….. I wonder why the word "other" is in that verse?? Could it be the word "other" was inserted to make Scripture fit a doctrine, rather than doctrine come from Scripture? Check 25 or so other major translations, where we can check scholarship of the translators. https://www.biblehub.com/colossians/1-16.htm

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Is. 42:5 " Thus saith God Jehovah, He that created the heavens, and stretched them forth; He that spread abroad the earth and that which cometh out of it; He that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:"

John 1:3 "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made."

Jesus was given power to create all things by His Father. Jesus says He cannot do anything on His own.

His Father is the source of everything about salvation.

6days

Jesus was given power to create all things by His Father. Jesus says He cannot do anything on His own.

His Father is the source of everything about salvation.
Hey my friend. Yes, Jesus authority on earth as a human was from God the Father. Jesus was not a human when He created everything. If Jesus, is a created being, then many verses in Scripture are false such as John 1:3 (He could not have created Himself)

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Hey my friend. Yes, Jesus authority on earth as a human was from God the Father. Jesus was not a human when He created everything. If Jesus, is a created being, then many verses in Scripture are false such as John 1:3 (He could not have created Himself)

Nope, your reasoning is out of context with Jesus' word.

Jesus says clearly states that His Father is the only true God.

You need to come out of corrupt doctrines, friend.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If you look at the CONTEXT, Jesus was talking a future generation.

NOPE!!!

The word "this" is a demonstrative adjective that modifies the noun "generation".

If Jesus was speaking of a future generation, then the correct demonstrative adjective would be "that".

Jesus was clearly speaking of the generation of Jews who rejected and killed Him:

(Luke 17:25) But first must he suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation.

It wasn't a future generation that rejected and killed Him.

Right Divider

Body part
NOPE!!!

The word "this" is a demonstrative adjective that modifies the noun "generation".

If Jesus was speaking of a future generation, then the correct demonstrative adjective would be "that".

Jesus was clearly speaking of the generation of Jews who rejected and killed Him:

(Luke 17:25) But first must he suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation.

It wasn't a future generation that rejected and killed Him.
Verse jumping changes the context.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
If you look at the CONTEXT, Jesus was talking a future generation.
Actually, Tet is right on this one point, but his conclusion is wrong.

Jesus was, in fact, speaking of the current (at the time) generation. He even went so far as to say, "If I will that he (John the Beloved) remains till I come, what is it to you?"

But, as we know, circumstances changed, rendering what He said to be irrelevant. Israel rejected her Messiah, and so God changed programs, going to work with the Gentiles instead of His chosen nation.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Verse jumping changes the context.

The phrase "this generation" is used 8 times in the book of Luke, and every time it is used, it refers to the generation of Jesus' contemporaries. The phrase NEVER refers to anybody else.

(Luke 21:82) Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
But, as we know, circumstances changed, rendering what He said to be irrelevant.

Jesus uses the phrase "verily, I say onto you", or "truely, I tell you" (modern version) before telling His Disciples all these things would take place before their generation passed away.

Those are emphatic words, not words that are open to other possibilities.

Everything did happen exactly how He said it would happen. Even to this day, no one knows where the temple stood. It was completely destroyed, as was the whole city.

Right Divider

Body part
Jesus uses the phrase "verily, I say onto you", or "truely, I tell you" (modern version) before telling His Disciples all these things would take place before their generation passed away.

Those are emphatic words, not words that are open to other possibilities.

Everything did happen exactly how He said it would happen. Even to this day, no one knows where the temple stood. It was completely destroyed, as was the whole city.

Luk 21:20-33 KJV
(20) And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.
(21) Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto.
(22) For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.
(23) But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people.
(24) And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.
(25) And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
(26) Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
(27) And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
(28) And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
(29) And he spake to them a parable; Behold the fig tree, and all the trees;
(30) When they now shoot forth, ye see and know of your own selves that summer is now nigh at hand.
(31) So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.
(32) Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.
(33) Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.

They did NOT see "these things" (though I know you will claim that they did, cuz you're dumb).

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The did NOT see "these things" (though I know you will claim that they did, cuz you're dumb).

You can go to Rome today and see the proof for yourself. The arch of Titus still stands, and you can still see the Romans carrying the menorah back to Rome from Jerusalem on the arch:

View attachment 26684

The Roman army surrounded the city just like Jesus said.

Status
Not open for further replies.