Hell

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
What does the Bible say about hell? Here are the verses. I hope to discuss them with you. Is there anything else from the Bible that you would include?

Hell

Matthew 5:22 NASB - "But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother shall be guilty before the court; and whoever says to his brother, 'You good-for-nothing,' shall be guilty before the supreme court; and whoever says, 'You fool,' shall be guilty [enough to go] into the fiery hell.

Matthew 5:29 NASB - "If your right eye makes you stumble, tear it out and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to be thrown into hell.

Matthew 5:30 NASB - "If your right hand makes you stumble, cut it off and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to go into hell.

Matthew 10:28 NASB - "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Matthew 18:9 NASB - "If your eye causes you to stumble, pluck it out and throw it from you. It is better for you to enter life with one eye, than to have two eyes and be cast into the fiery hell.

Matthew 23:15 NASB - "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, because you travel around on sea and land to make one proselyte; and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of hell as yourselves.

Matthew 23:33 NASB - "You serpents, you brood of vipers, how will you escape the sentence of hell?

Mark 9:43 NASB - "If your hand causes you to stumble, cut it off; it is better for you to enter life crippled, than, having your two hands, to go into hell, into the unquenchable fire,

Mark 9:45 NASB - "If your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off; it is better for you to enter life lame, than, having your two feet, to be cast into hell,

Mark 9:47 NASB - "If your eye causes you to stumble, throw it out; it is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye, than, having two eyes, to be cast into hell,

Luke 12:5 NASB - "But I will warn you whom to fear: fear the One who, after He has killed, has authority to cast into hell; yes, I tell you, fear Him!

James 3:6 NASB - And the tongue is a fire, the [very] world of iniquity; the tongue is set among our members as that which defiles the entire body, and sets on fire the course of [our] life, and is set on fire by hell.

2 Peter 2:4 NASB - For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but cast them into hell and committed them to pits of darkness, reserved for judgment;

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
In this post I lay out the Greek words with links to a Lexicon for the different words translated as hell found in the OP.

geenna γέεννα appears the most often. Twelve times to be exact. Ten times as hell. Twice or two times as of hell.

tartaroō ταρταρόω appears once. It appears as hell, but it is a different Greek word.

I still need help with Greek letters, but there they are with the English letters or characters.
Hell

Matthew 5:22 NASB - "But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother shall be guilty before the court; and whoever says to his brother, 'You good-for-nothing,' shall be guilty before the supreme court; and whoever says, 'You fool,' shall be guilty [enough to go] into the fiery hell.
hell

g1067

γέεννα
geenna

Matthew 5:29 NASB - "If your right eye makes you stumble, tear it out and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to be thrown into hell.
hell

g1067

γέεννα
geenna
Matthew 5:30 NASB - "If your right hand makes you stumble, cut it off and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to go into hell.
hell

g1067

γέεννα
geenna
Matthew 10:28 NASB - "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
hell

g1067

γέεννα
geenna
Matthew 18:9 NASB - "If your eye causes you to stumble, pluck it out and throw it from you. It is better for you to enter life with one eye, than to have two eyes and be cast into the fiery hell.
hell

g1067

γέεννα
geenna
Matthew 23:15 NASB - "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, because you travel around on sea and land to make one proselyte; and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of hell as yourselves.
of hell

PHRASE
g1067

γέεννα
geenna
Matthew 23:33 NASB - "You serpents, you brood of vipers, how will you escape the sentence of hell?
of hell

PHRASE
g1067

γέεννα
geenna
Mark 9:43 NASB - "If your hand causes you to stumble, cut it off; it is better for you to enter life crippled, than, having your two hands, to go into hell, into the unquenchable fire,
hell

g1067

γέεννα
geenna
Mark 9:45 NASB - "If your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off; it is better for you to enter life lame, than, having your two feet, to be cast into hell,
hell

g1067

γέεννα
geenna
Mark 9:47 NASB - "If your eye causes you to stumble, throw it out; it is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye, than, having two eyes, to be cast into hell,
hell

g1067

γέεννα
geenna
Luke 12:5 NASB - "But I will warn you whom to fear: fear the One who, after He has killed, has authority to cast into hell; yes, I tell you, fear Him!
hell

g1067

γέεννα
geenna
James 3:6 NASB - And the tongue is a fire, the [very] world of iniquity; the tongue is set among our members as that which defiles the entire body, and sets on fire the course of [our] life, and is set on fire by hell.
hell

g1067

γέεννα
geenna
2 Peter 2:4 NASB - For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but cast them into hell and committed them to pits of darkness, reserved for judgment;
cast them into hell

PHRASE
g5020

ταρταρόω
tartaroō

way 2 go

What does the Bible say about hell? Here are the verses. I hope to discuss them with you. Is there anything else from the Bible that you would include?

Hell

hell is the fiery side of the place of the dead
and when discussing hell I always include Luk 16:19-31
the deniers hate that Jesus said this

Luk 16:23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
Luk 16:24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Thank you for your post.
I do not know what is meant by this or what you mean by this. What is the place of the dead? Where do you find that in scripture?
Okay. Good portion or passage. The word here is, well, it says Abraham's bosom, and Hades. Hades is sometimes thought or communicated to be hell. But why then does it say Abraham's bosom?
I suppose some people would indeed hate that Jesus said this, whoever they are.
Luk 16:23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
Luk 16:24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
tormented and place of torment are found here

24 “Then he cried and said, ‘Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and pcool my tongue; for I qam tormented in this flame.’ 25 But Abraham said, ‘Son, rremember that in your lifetime you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things; but now he is comforted and you are tormented. 26 And besides all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed, so that those who want to pass from here to you cannot, nor can those from there pass to us.’

27 “Then he said, ‘I beg you therefore, father, that you would send him to my father’s house, 28 for I have five brothers, that he may testify to them, lest they also come to this place of torment.’

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Punishment before being destroyed is the future of the wicked as taught throughout the Bible.

LA

way 2 go

and what do you mean the fiery side?
the fire side is where the rich man went

Luk 16:22 The poor man died and was carried by the angels to Abraham's side. The rich man also died and was buried,
Luk 16:23 and in Hades, being in torment, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham far off and Lazarus at his side.
Luk 16:24 And he called out, 'Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus to dip the end of his finger in water and cool my tongue, for I am in anguish in this flame.'

two parts one place

Luk 16:26 And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been fixed, in order that those who would pass from here to you may not be able, and none may cross from there to us.'

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

Luk 16:22 The poor man died and was carried by the angels to Abraham's side. The rich man also died and was buried,
Luk 16:23 and in Hades, being in torment, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham far off and Lazarus at his side.
Luk 16:24 And he called out, 'Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus to dip the end of his finger in water and cool my tongue, for I am in anguish in this flame.'

two parts one place

Luk 16:26 And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been fixed, in order that those who would pass from here to you may not be able, and none may cross from there to us.'

Did you see my first reply to your post? I would appreciate a response there.

dcon

BANNED
Banned

Hell

Actually, Jacob, I'd like to thank you for posting this. It's a great example of what I was talking about earlier. Look up the original Greek and Hebrew translations of the words hell, hades and sheol. This one of the reasons that it's important to translate the Scriptures from the earliest possible writings, instead of merely revising an existing translation. I know you most likely won't believe me, so why don't you do the research yourself and find out what the definitions really are.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Actually, Jacob, I'd like to thank you for posting this. It's a great example of what I was talking about earlier. Look up the original Greek and Hebrew translations of the words hell, hades and sheol. This one of the reasons that it's important to translate the Scriptures from the earliest possible writings, instead of merely revising an existing translation. I know you most likely won't believe me, so why don't you do the research yourself and find out what the definitions really are.

Shalom. What you are saying sounds good but there are no details. Perhaps we should look at the word Hades from the Greek. In the Old Testament or the Tanakh the word is sheol. It is a Hebrew word.

dcon

BANNED
Banned
Shalom. What you are saying sounds good but there are no details. Perhaps we should look at the word Hades from the Greek. In the Old Testament or the Tanakh the word is sheol. It is a Hebrew word.
As I said, there are no details because I wanted you to do the research and prove to yourself that Jehovah God would never condemn people to suffer torture forever. This is exactly how we teach people about the Bible. If you only take our word on a scriptural subject, what have you learned? On the other hand, if you do the research, you have proved to yourself that what we're saying is true.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
As I said, there are no details because I wanted you to do the research and prove to yourself that Jehovah God would never condemn people to suffer torture forever. This is exactly how we teach people about the Bible. If you only take our word on a scriptural subject, what have you learned? On the other hand, if you do the research, you have proved to yourself that what we're saying is true.

When I have this computer to use I have a computer to do research online. My phone is not the best for research. But I do not know what you are asking me to do. Encouragement in a direction is welcome, but if you have any material to present you may. However, I am not locked into a view of hell. I want the scriptures to say what the truth is because they do.

Arthur Brain

two parts one place

You seriously think that a person in such a predicament would ask for someone to dip the end of their finger in water and cool their tongue?

:dizzy:

way 2 go

Thank you for your post.
I do not know what is meant by this or what you mean by this. What is the place of the dead? Where do you find that in scripture?

sheh-ole', sheh-ole'
From H7592; hades or the world of the dead (as if a subterranian retreat), including its accessories and inmates:

Okay. Good portion or passage. The word here is, well, it says Abraham's bosom, and Hades. Hades is sometimes thought or communicated to be hell. But why then does it say Abraham's bosom?
one place two parts

I suppose some people would indeed hate that Jesus said this, whoever they are.

tormented and place of torment are found here

24 “Then he cried and said, ‘Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and pcool my tongue; for I qam tormented in this flame.’ 25 But Abraham said, ‘Son, rremember that in your lifetime you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things; but now he is comforted and you are tormented. 26 And besides all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed, so that those who want to pass from here to you cannot, nor can those from there pass to us.’

27 “Then he said, ‘I beg you therefore, father, that you would send him to my father’s house, 28 for I have five brothers, that he may testify to them, lest they also come to this place of torment.’
not the final place for the dead tho

Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and they were judged, each one of them, according to what they had done.
Rev 20:14 Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
sheh-ole', sheh-ole'
From H7592; hades or the world of the dead (as if a subterranian retreat), including its accessories and inmates:

one place two parts

Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and they were judged, each one of them, according to what they had done.
Rev 20:14 Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire.

Yes. I want to understand these things better. Only in the purity of good instruction though.

dcon

BANNED
Banned
sheh-ole', sheh-ole'

one place two parts

Can a thing like Death or Hades be thrown into a place of torment to be punished? How about Death and Hades being completely destroyed, as in a fire? Doesn't that sound more feasible than punishment?
Additionally, would a God of love sentence people to be tortured forever, or does complete destruction for their rebellion make more sense?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Can a thing like Death or Hades be thrown into a place of torment to be punished? How about Death and Hades being completely destroyed, as in a fire? Doesn't that sound more feasible than punishment?
Additionally, would a God of love sentence people to be tortured forever, or does complete destruction for their rebellion make more sense?

I hope that you can settle this out. For yourself especially.

way 2 go

Can a thing like Death or Hades be thrown into a place of torment to be punished?
Hades is a place .
How about Death and Hades being completely destroyed, as in a fire? Doesn't that sound more feasible than punishment?
Hades is a place that contains fire .

the punishment is eternal which is why God had to pay for sin himself

woodeneye

BANNED
Banned
Hades is a place .

Hades is a place that contains fire .

the punishment is eternal which is why God had to pay for sin himself
Your explanation is at odds with this scripture. So, do you alter your belief, or throw out this verse? You can't have it both ways.
Roman's 6:23
For the wages sin pays is death, but the gift God gives is everlasting life by Christ Jesus our Lord

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk