Is the doctrine of Eternal Conscious Torment biblical or not?

glorydaz

i have that

i suspect JR does as well

when one has made the free will choice to reject God, they have no one to blame for their suffering but themself

empathy and compassion for the wicked?

tell me artie, how much empathy and compassion do you have for Hitler and the nazis who tortured, brutalized and murdered millions?

how much empathy and compassion do you have for my hypothetical person who kidnapped, raped, tortured and killed seventeen children?

I have empathy and compassion for them. :chew:

Arthur Brain

Nice try, Doser. Artie was confronting you with the version you, and so many others, have been pushing.

He has consistently said that "cartoon version understanding" goes against the character of God.

Thanks, I don't know what he thought he was accomplishing with that silly stunt or JR for giving him a thumbs up for it.

glorydaz

i reported that for personalizing the discussion artie

try to stay on topic without personalizing your argument

And if your baiting and tannies get this thread shut down, I'll be angry.

Just leave this thread if you can't stop trying to pick fights with Artie. :nono:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
No, you don't. You have nothing but a judgemental and completely uncompassionate attitude towards anyone who doesn't profess faith. You even think you're going to be able to someday laugh at those who do if it doesn't line up with yours, aka FL.

:yawn: that's nice

Wow, I would have thought that even you would have realized how desperate your argument is to allude to Hitler in order to make a point? It's not a good move, especially since a good number of those who were murdered and brutalized by such regimes and despots would have somehow "chosen" the eternal torment of which you believe? After all, it's not committing atrocities that sends someone to "hell" is it? Your unbelieving relative who's biggest crime might have been jaywalking would end up in this hell, right?

nice dodge

i'll ask again:

tell me artie, how much empathy and compassion do you have for Hitler and the nazis who tortured, brutalized and murdered millions?

how much empathy and compassion do you have for my hypothetical person who kidnapped, raped, tortured and killed seventeen children?

ok doser

And if your baiting and tannies get this thread shut down, I'll be angry.

Just leave this thread if you can't stop trying to pick fights with Artie. :nono:

glory, maybe you need to be reported as well

or do you have anything to say that's on topic?

glorydaz

glory, maybe you need to be reported as well

or do you have anything to say that's on topic?

Go right ahead and report me, tale bearer.

I have a lot to say if you'd stop your trolling long enough for anyone else to get a word in edgewise.

Your silly endless questions about rape and killers and empathy have nothing to do with the subject at hand.

We're talking about what God would do and does not what you would like to see done.

glorydaz

:yawn: that's nice

nice dodge

i'll ask again:

Yep, you're trying to get this thread shut down.

Nothing new to see here.

ok doser

Go right ahead and report me, tale bearer.

I have a lot to say if you'd stop your trolling long enough for anyone else to get a word in edgewise.

Your silly endless questions about rape and killers and empathy have nothing to do with the subject at hand.

good lord woman, what on earth is your major malfunction today?

glorydaz

The reason for the aloneness you describe is because after physical death and judgement, the hypostasis of an impentient human has nothing to which it can be conjoined. No hypostatic union with Christ, no perichoresis with other Believers, and no ability to have horizontal communion with others. There’s just isolated everlasting existence apart from the presence (prosopon) of the Lord.

So horrific. No communion of any kind on any level. All the comfort there is is the flames of the fire, and that’s torment because iniquity and sin will never be purged by that fire. There’s no means of administering anything but mercy. Only God’s mercy is any manner of abatement for the self-inflicted torment.

So sad.

I'm interesting in hearing what exactly you think this would look like.

1 Chronicles 16:34 O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever.​

glorydaz

good lord woman, what on earth is your major malfunction today?

Uh oh, I said that once, and I was accused of using the Lord's name in vain. :chew:

I'm sick and tired of watching you derail this thread.
I have some questions I'd like to ask PPS.

If that's a malfunction, then sue me. Or report me. I don't really care which.

Oh, and your response above is personalizing this conversation.