MSNBC stunned at how many Hispanics voted for Republicans in midterms

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
MSNBC stunned at new survey showing how many Hispanics voted for Republicans in midterms
https://www.theblaze.com/news/msnbc...y-hispanics-voted-for-republicans-in-midterms

A new survey appeared to stun the progressive MSNBC news outlet when it showed that Latinos had not dropped in support for Republicans despite what many saw as racially insensitive rhetoric from the president.

VoteCast data from the Associated Press showed that 32 percent of Latinos voted for Republicans at a time when many pundits and most Democrats hoped that the demographic group might lead an electoral revolt against President Trump's immigration policies.

"Data from November's elections show the GOP's position among Latinos has not weakened during the Trump administration, despite the president's rhetoric and policy," read the tweet from MSNBC.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Latinos tend to be socially conservative. They're just put off by racism. When George W. Bush was governor of Texas, he did very well with Latino voters. Because he liked and respected them, and enjoyed their company.

If the republican party would do something to control the racists among them, the democrats wouldn't be getting the votes of seven out of ten Latinos.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Latinos tend to be socially conservative. They're just put off by racism. When George W. Bush was governor of Texas, he did very well with Latino voters. Because he liked and respected them, and enjoyed their company.

If the republican party would do something to control the racists among them, the democrats wouldn't be getting the votes of seven out of ten Latinos.

There are no racists in the GOP. Thats a propaganda lie. The REAL racism is on the Left, and you just proved it by engaging in race-baiting

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Please define race baiting.

Pointing out why Latinos overwhelmingly vote against republicans.

My point was that Latinos tend to be socially conservative, and would vote for republicans if they didn't engage in race-baiting. George W. Bush proved that very effectively.

He neither engaged in race-baiting, nor tolerated it in others. And he did very well with Hispanic voters. Then things changed. And republicans are scratching their heads.

Ask George what to do.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
barbie claims that the reason 68% of Latinos vote against republicans is because of racism:
...racism... (is) why seven out of ten of (Latinos) vote against republicans...

doser asks:

barbie refers to the link in the OP:
...the link in the OP...

i read it again and I still don't see where it makes the claim that you made

can you post an excerpt from the link in the OP that supports your claim?

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
Latino usage of more welfare and distrust of normal capitalism contribute to this. They don't understand the policies that they like often promote crony capitalism also.

Last edited:

Crucifer

BANNED
Banned
Except there's a lot of Latinos that are almost indistinguishable or have a Latino surname. Also there's just Latinos who happen to be conservative regardless.

Not really much to take from it because it certainly isn't the demographic people want to assume it is at first thought. To me this is people just hoping that people other than whites are taking the Republican's side- one black guy or something comes out and everyone's head turns in excitement lol

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Except there's a lot of Latinos that are almost indistinguishable or have a Latino surname. Also there's just Latinos who happen to be conservative regardless.

Not really much to take from it because it certainly isn't the demographic people want to assume it is at first thought. To me this is people just hoping that people other than whites are taking the Republican's side- one black guy or something comes out and everyone's head turns in excitement lol

black guys are exciting :idunno:

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
MSNBC stunned at how many Hispanics voted for Republicans in midterms

I doubt those Hispanic Americans who currently work for the federal government have anything good to say about a President who is using them as unwilling "pawns" to get funding for "THE WALL!"

As for those in the private sector, many of their jobs will be put at risk if the stock market continues to decline - American voters have a habit of voting Presidents out of office when the economy "tanks!"