Miscellaneous and Varied Truth's of scripture!

Nanja

False religion doesn't realize that Eternal Life is an Promised Inheritance to Gods Heirs. Heb 1:14

Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

Heb 6:17

17 Wherein God, willing more abundantly to shew unto the heirs of promise the immutability of his counsel, confirmed it by an oath:

Gal 3:29

And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Amen, Salvation was Promised exclusively to the Seed of Christ Eph. 1:4-11, the Spiritual Seed of Abraham: Israel, a remnant of all humanity from all the nations of the world Gal.3:8; Gen. 12:3.

Is. 45:17
But Israel shall be saved in the LORD with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

Nanja

This blessing of repentance that God through Christ gives His Elect is Illustrated by the parable of the prodigal son in Lk 15:11-24

11And he said, A certain man had two sons:

12And the younger of them said to his father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falleth to me. And he divided unto them his living.

13And not many days after the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, and there wasted his substance with riotous living.

14And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and he began to be in want.

15And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine.

16And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him.

17And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger!

18I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee,

19And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants.

20And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.

21And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son.

22But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet:

23And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry:

24For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.

Now lets look closer at vs 17-21, For what we have here in those verses is the blessing of Repentance being bestowed upon an Elect Child of God who went astray in Adam, now being returned to His Father because of the effects of the Finished work of Christ. You see, it was the result of Christ death that caused him to in verse 17 "when he came to himself" For this was the blessing of repentance being bestowed upon him beginning to work, and notice vs 18, the prodigal made up his mind that he would return back to His Father , who would be God in the Parable.

Whats being Illustrated is what Peter wrote of in 1 Pet 2:24-25

24Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

25For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

As a result of Christ stripes which is another way of saying His Death, all the elect are healed, and that healing is evinced by their return to the Shepherd and Bishop of their souls.

Interestingly enough the greek word for returned is Epistrepho and means:

to cause to return, to bring back

to the love and obedience of God

Also it is in the passive voice, meaning the subjects are being returned by a ability outside of themselves !

This is absolute biblical proof that God through Christ gives all His People repentance !

Amen Brother ! So when Luke 15:24 speaks of the lost condition of the prodigal son, in no way does it mean he was on his way to hell, as are all reprobates / the devil's children Mat. 13:38-39; John 8:44; but lost only in the sense that he was alienated from his Father, for that's all that "Lost" means to God's Elect Sons, the Sheep Christ died for John 10:11-15; the Chosen Heirs of God from eternity Eph. 1:3-11 and joint heirs with Christ Rom. 8:17.

beloved57

nanja

Amen Brother ! So when Luke 15:24 speaks of the lost condition of the prodigal son, in no way does it mean he was on his way to hell, as are all reprobates / the devil's children

Amen thats correct.

but lost only in the sense that he was alienated from his Father, for that's all that "Lost" means to God's Elect Sons, the Sheep Christ died for John 10:11-15; the Chosen Heirs of God from eternity Eph. 1:3-11 and joint heirs with Christ Rom. 8:17.

Absolutely !

Nanja

Isa 55:11

11So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void [without effect], but it shall accomplish[effect] that which I please[desire], and it shall prosper[succeed] in the thing whereto I sent it.

If God states that His Word is sent on a Mission by Him to Accomplish that which He is pleased and to prosper in the thing whereto its sent, then why don't men believe that the Incarnate Word, Whom He sent, does not prosper and accomplish that which He Pleases ?

For instance If God is pleased and desires that all men without exception be saved and come into a Knowledge of the Truth as many have twisted God's word to mean here 1 Tim 2:4

4Who will[desire] have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Then why does not the Incarnate Word Jn 1:14 whom He sent Jn 6:39

And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

Who came to seek and to save that which was Lost Lk 19:10

10For the Son of man is come[because being sent] to seek and to save that which was lost.

Now if that is what He was sent for and came to do, then why are not all without exception being saved and come into the Knowledge of the Truth as God desires ?

Scripture says that the Pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in His hand. Isa 53:10

10Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

The word prosper here is the same word in Isa 55:11. So why does not the Incarnate Word save all for whom the Father wants or desires to be saved. For those of you who insist that 1 Tim 2:4 means all men without exception, then you will have to conclude that the Incarnate Word was not successful in all that His Father God sent Him to do..

Amen Brother! The Incarnate Word John 1:14 perfectly succeeded Is. 55:11 in accomplishing God's Desire and objective in the Salvation of all the Lost men / Persons 1 Tim. 2:4; John 6:39 that were given Him of the Father John 10:29 that He was Sent to Seek and to Save Luke 19:10. No, not all men in the world without exception, but it's only in them, His Sheep / the Vessels of Mercy, that God's Word prospers Is. 53:10.

FineLinen

"I have other sheep that don't belong to this sheep pen. I must lead them too. They will listen to
my voice and there will be one flock, with one shepherd."

"He is the propitiation for our sins and not for our sins ONLY but for the sins of the whole world."

He is the hilasmos of the holos!

beloved57

Amen Brother! The Incarnate Word John 1:14 perfectly succeeded Is. 55:11 in accomplishing God's Desire and objective in the Salvation of all the Lost men / Persons 1 Tim. 2:4; John 6:39 that were given Him of the Father John 10:29 that He was Sent to Seek and to Save Luke 19:10. No, not all men in the world without exception, but it's only in them, His Sheep / the Vessels of Mercy, that God's Word prospers Is. 53:10.

Amen Sister !

Nanja

Idolatry is a very subtle sin, in fact, all by nature are Idolaters Rom 1:18-32 and the only deliverance from it is an effectual work of the Holy Spirit convincing us of this sin Jn 16:8-9, and this of course is effected by the Cross of Christ, His Person and Work. Quite often when we think of Idolaters, we consider people falling down before before pieces of wood or stone or some other graven image Ps 115:4-8

4Their idols are silver and gold, the work of men's hands.

5They have mouths, but they speak not: eyes have they, but they see not:

6They have ears, but they hear not: noses have they, but they smell not:

7They have hands, but they handle not: feet have they, but they walk not: neither speak they through their throat.

8They that make them are like unto them; so is every one that trusteth in them.

or perhaps those who worship the planetary elements like the sun , moon or stars ! No doubt those things are forms of and ways of Idolatry. There however is another way that is more subtle, and that is for those of us who attribute Salvation in any degree to the will of man, or something man must and can do, an act or actions of his, yes if we do that, we are Idolaters, and have made ourselves God, the creature, because Salvation from beginning to Eternity belongs to God, and is Solely of God. We take upon ourselves a prerogative that belongs only to God, and that is He alone determines the final destiny of all His creatures according not to their will but His own will and pleasure ,purposed in Himself Eph 1:9

Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:

If and when we attribute any portion of Salvation to ourselves, even though we piously deny it, we become our own Savior, because in the final analysis we make our will, our choice the determining factor in Salvation, and that is Idolatry.

100% correct; Idolatry indeed !

FineLinen

100% correct; Idolatry indeed !

"Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:"

What is the remainder of this passage?

"It is in Him, and through the shedding of His blood, that we have our deliverance--the forgiveness of our offences--so abundant was God's grace, the grace which He, the possessor of all wisdom and understanding, lavished upon us, when He made known to us the secret of His will. And this is in harmony with God's merciful purpose for the government of the world when the times are ripe for it--the purpose which He has cherished in His own mind of restoring the whole creation to find its one Head in Christ; yes, things in Heaven and things on earth, to find their one Head in Him. And you..."

Nanja

Believing is an act of man, there simply is no denying it ! Now lets define an Act !

The Dictionary says:

As Noun

anything done, being done, or to be done; deed; performance: a heroic act.

the process of doing

As verb

to do something; exert energy or force; be employed or operative:

to operate or function in a particular way; perform specific duties or functions

to produce an effect; perform a function

to behave or conduct oneself in a particular fashion

Now lets Look at the definition of work of Eph 2:9

business, employment, that which any one is occupied

a) that which one undertakes to do, enterprise, undertaking

2) any product whatever, any thing accomplished by hand, art, industry, or mind

3) an act, deed, thing done: the idea of working is emphasised in opp. to that which is less than work

Now, an act is a work, that cannot be denied given these definitions. Believing is something man does. Even Paul's answer to the question of the Jailor proves that. He asked Acts 16:30,31

30And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

Paul replied with an imperative ! vs 31

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

So Now, If anyone teaches or believes that they are saved from their sins because they believed, then they are claiming Salvation by their works, something they acted, they done. Such thinking is opposed to Salvation by Grace through Faith and not of works lest a man has cause to boast..

Amen Brother !

Nanja

Eph 2:10

10For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

The word for workmanship is poiēma and means:

that which has been made

2) a work

a) of the works of God as creator

Its liken unto the works of God in Creation Rom 1:20

20For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

We who are True Believers are the Workmanship of God, Made or Created in Christ Jesus [ Different from being created in Adam] unto Good Works. Faith and or Believing in Christ is one of the first of good works the New Creation acts out; Faith is of a Holy Production of a Renewed Mind Eph 4:23,24

And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;

24And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

For Believing is a production of the Mind, which is a work according to the definition of a work in Eph 2:9. Its the greek word ergon:

business, employment, that which any one is occupied

a) that which one undertakes to do, enterprise, undertaking

2) any product whatever, any thing accomplished by hand, art, industry, or mind

3) an act, deed, thing done: the idea of working is emphasised in opp. to that which is less than work

So Believing or Faith is a activity, an act, a deed, a thing done by the renewed Mind of a New Creation, for men to take credit for it makes them their own Creators, which is taking the place of God !

Exactly !

Nanja

If the act of ones believing on Christ is their actual Justification or Salvation, then we save ourselves, we make ourselves Justified before God by what we do, we become our own saviour !

Right, God Justifies us because Christ died for us: our sins were imputed to Him, and not because we believed it.

Faith is the evidence of Justification, not the cause of it.

FineLinen

Right, God Justifies us because Christ died for us: our sins were imputed to Him, and not because we believed it.

Faith is the evidence of Justification, not the cause of it.

Dear Nanja: Dikaiosis means to justify and free from guilt. All that was necessary on God's part for our justification has been effected in, by, thru the death of the Lord of Glory Jesus Christ.

But wait, there is more>>>>

"For just as through the disobedience of the one man the polus were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one Man the polus will be made righteous."

Many = many

Polus = polus

Equal on both sides of a glorious equation!

Nanja

Rom 8:9

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Anyone who is born again of the Spirit and whom the Spirit dwells in, they are in the Spirit. Anyone living by faith Rom 1:17, which the Just shall do, are in the Spirit.

Jn 3:6

That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Amen ! Those whom Christ redeemed, bought with the price of His Blood 1 Cor. 6:20 will be born again and sealed by the Holy Spirit in their lifetime Eph. 4:30; 2 Cor. 1:22 to confirm proof of Ownership; that they have been Purchased and indeed Sons of God.

Gal. 4:4-6

4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

Now all the rest were never His Rom. 8:9b; never belonged to God and therefore are prevented from Hearing God's Words which are Spiritual 1 Cor 2:13.

John 8:43-47

43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?

47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

FineLinen

Amen, Salvation was Promised exclusively to the Seed of Christ Eph. 1:4-11, the Spiritual Seed of Abraham: Israel, a remnant of all humanity from all the nations of the world Gal.3:8; Gen. 12:3.

Is. 45:17
But Israel shall be saved in the LORD with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

Not quite Nanja!

"Our God is the Saviour of ALL/Pas mankind, especially those who believe/ trust in Him. Command this and teach this.."

Please Note:

Especially= malista

Only= monon or monos

beloved57

Not quite Nanja!

"Our God is the Saviour of ALL/Pas mankind, especially those who believe/ trust in Him. Command this and teach this.."

Please Note:

Especially= malista

Only= monon or monos

That word malista means particularly, so Paul clarifies who God is the Saviour of, all that believe, which equates to Israel out of all nations.

FineLinen

That word malista means particularly, so Paul clarifies who God is the Saviour of, all that believe, which equates to Israel out of all nations.

Sorry b57: It most certainly does not equate to any such thing!

https://www.biblestudytools.com/1-timothy/4-10-compare.html

Farrar Fenton

https://thetencommandmentsministry.us/ministry/ferrar_fenton/pdf/

Emphatic Diaglott

https://studybible.info/Diaglott

Twentieth Century N.T.

https://studybible.info/version/Twentieth_Century

J.B.Phillips

http://www.ccel.org/bible/phillips/JBPNT.htm

Especially= malista

Most

Most of all.

Very much.

Chiefly.

God is the Saviour of all mankind. He is the Saviour malista of those who trust in Him/ who believe.

"For into this [end] are we constantly working hard unto weariness, and are continuously struggling in the contest (contending for the prize; other MSS: being reproached), because we have placed our expectation (hope) and thus rely upon a living God (or: upon [the] living God), Who is (exists being) [the] Savior (Deliverer; Rescuer; Restorer to health and wholeness) of all mankind ‑ especially of believers (of ones full of faith and trust; of faithful ones)! Be constantly announcing these things to those at your side, passing them along from one to another, and keep on teaching them!" -J. Mitchell N.T.-

Last edited:

Nanja

Now if those Christ has died for, by that, He has satisfied God's Law and Justice for them, since He died for them, in other words to be for them a propitiation as 1 Jn 2:2; 1 Jn 4:10, then how could they be under God's Wrath or His Wrath be abiding upon them as it is these Jn 3:36

36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

The only reasonable conclusion would be that Christ's Death for them was not enough to appease God's Wrath and its still left up to do something for God to be 100% propitiated ! If the Wrath of God is not removed from upon those Christ died for until they believe, then it was their act of believing that had more virtue and effect with God, than the Death of Christ for them did !

Amen, the wrath of God was removed solely by the Blood of Christ Rom. 5:9 as Surety for 100% of all those He propitiated God's Wrath in behalf of John 10:11, 15. Their own act of believing or faith had nothing to do with appeasing the wrath of God !

beloved57

Amen, the wrath of God was removed solely by the Blood of Christ Rom. 5:9 as Surety for 100% of all those He propitiated God's Wrath in behalf of John 10:11, 15. Their own act of believing or faith had nothing to do with appeasing the wrath of God !

Amen Sister Nanja !