Did God become flesh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

meshak

BANNED
Banned

I am wondering if those Trinity or Jesus is God believers are all non English believers.

there is no way that you can read three Gods make one God in the Bible.

It is obvious it is unbiblical.

But again, trinity believers are in all over the world.

It is nothing but circus.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I am wondering if those Trinity or Jesus is God believers are all non English believers.

Whatever that means.

there is no way that you can read three Gods make one God in the Bible.

Straw man.

Not our position.

It is obvious it is unbiblical.

But again, trinity believers are in all over the world.

It is nothing but circus.

:troll:

:dunce:

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Its you that is in the dark BR.

Joh 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

WHO DOES IT SAY IS THE ONLY TRUE GOD?

Here is the simple explanation as to how eternal life is obtained. It is by knowing God and Jesus Christ. The only true God is in contrast to idols, which are not genuine gods at all.The fact that his Name is mentioned together with God the Father's as being the joint source of eternal life means that They are equal. Here the Lord called Himself Jesus Christ. Christ was the same as Messiah. This verse disproves the charge that Jesus never called Himself Messiah.

Dartman

The Father, duh.

IT SAYS: "The Father is the only true God."

IT DOES NOT SAY: "Only the Father is the true God."
Both sentences mean the exact same thing.
JR said:
The verse DOES NOT EXCLUDE:

The Son
The Holy Spirit

From being the only true God.
Not only does the verse exclude Jesus and the holy spirit, it excludes every other being in the universe.

That is what "ONLY" means..
It means there are NO others!
Duh.

Dartman

Here is the simple explanation as to how eternal life is obtained. It is by knowing God and Jesus Christ. The only true God is in contrast to idols, which are not genuine gods at all.
No, Jesus is describing two essential doctrines. That his God is the ONLY true God, and that Jesus is the one SENT by the ONLY true God.

The fact that his Name is mentioned together with God the Father's as being the joint source of eternal life means that They are equal.[/QUOTE]1) No, it doesn't, there are MANY times people are mentioned with God, David is a man after God's own heart, Jehovah/YHVH is "the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob".... your point fails.
2) Jesus makes it clear who is in charge, stating that "the ONLY true God" SENT him!! Jesus NEVER "sends the Father". Jesus PRAYS to the Father, and ASKS the Father .... he doesn't "SEND" Him.
Bright Raven said:
Here the Lord called Himself Jesus Christ. Christ was the same as Messiah.
Yes, the four times "messiah" is used in the Scriptures are 2 OT, and 2 NT, and the 555 times "Christ" is used are all NT. The Hebrew word mashiyack and the Greek word christos both mean "anointed". God is never "messiah", or "Christ". Jesus declares plainly that he is both.
John 1:41 He first findeth his own brother Simon, and saith unto him, We have found the Messias, which is, being interpreted, the Christ.

John 4:25-26 The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.
26 Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

No, Dart, it does not. Did you not take a grammar class in school?

Not only does the verse exclude Jesus and the holy spirit,

It does not.

It DOES exclude all other beings.

But Jesus and the Holy Spirit are not another "being". They are the same ONE Being. But they are three individual PERSONS.

it excludes every other being in the universe.

Yup.

But Jesus and the Holy Spirit are the same Being as the Father.

Duh.

Yes, Dart, "only true God" means that there is only one God.

But it does not exclude the Son or the Holy Spirit from ALSO being the "only true God," as they are the same BEING.

If John 17:3 had said: "... ONLY YOU, the true God", then it would have meant the Father only is the true God.

But it does not.

It says: "... You, the only true God."

Last edited:

keypurr

Here is the simple explanation as to how eternal life is obtained. It is by knowing God and Jesus Christ. The only true God is in contrast to idols, which are not genuine gods at all.The fact that his Name is mentioned together with God the Father's as being the joint source of eternal life means that They are equal. Here the Lord called Himself Jesus Christ. Christ was the same as Messiah. This verse disproves the charge that Jesus never called Himself Messiah.

The Lord Jesus NEVER claimed he was equal to his God.

BR you have proven over and over that you very limited in your understanding of Jesus the Christ.

You can't see that there is ONLY ONE TRUE GOD and that Jesus Christ HAS A GOD.
If Jesus has a God then HE IS NOT GOD.

Your just not strong enough to question your dishonest faith.

keypurr

No, Dart, it does not. Did you not take a grammar class in school?

It does not.

It DOES exclude all other beings.

But Jesus and the Holy Spirit are not another "being". They are the same ONE Being. But they are three individual PERSONS.

Yup.

But Jesus and the Holy Spirit are the same Being as the Father.

Yes, Dart, "only true God" means that there is only one God.

But it does not exclude the Son or the Holy Spirit from ALSO being the "only true God," as they are the same BEING.

If John 17:3 had said: "... ONLY YOU, the true God", then it would have meant the Father only is the true God.

But it does not.

It says: "... You, the only true God."

I pray that your just Joking.

keypurr

Not only does the verse exclude Jesus and the holy spirit, it excludes every other being in the universe.

Duh.

They like to twist the scriptures.

Dartman

No, Dart, it does not.
You are incorrect. and ANY grammar class in school would correct you. Jesus clearly lists two doctrines that are "eternal life";
1) That the Father is the ONLY true God.... do you KNOW what ONLY means????? It means there are no others!!
2) That Jesus is SENT BY "the ONLY true God" ... the Father.

JR said:
Says no verse ever. This is merely more fiction.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The Lord Jesus NEVER claimed he was equal to his God.

YES HE DID, YOU NUMBSKULL!

"I and My Father are ONE."

"... glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was." (combined with "My glory I will not give to another" Isaiah 42:8)

BR you have proven over and over that you very limited in your understanding of Jesus the Christ.

And you've proven over and over that you have no clue what you're talking about, rendering the above void.

You can't see that there is ONLY ONE TRUE GOD

NO ONE HERE DISAGREES WITH THAT STATEMENT.

Quit with that straw man.

and that Jesus Christ HAS A GOD.

YES, as a human, Jesus, God the Son of God, had a God, His Father.

If Jesus has a God then HE IS NOT GOD.

This argument is a false dilemma, in that it does not consider the possibility that Jesus is not the same BEING as the Father and Holy Spirit.

YOUR grammar is terrible, and you think that YOU'RE smart enough to correct US on what the Bible says?

:mock:

just not strong enough to question your dishonest faith.

And you're too stubborn to consider that YOU'RE wrong in YOURS.

keypurr

YES HE DID, YOU NUMBSKULL!

"I and My Father are ONE."

"... glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was." (combined with "My glory I will not give to another" Isaiah 42:8)

And you've proven over and over that you have no clue what you're talking about, rendering the above void.

I am one with the Father also. You don't have any idea what that means.

Joh 17:21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
Joh 17:22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
Joh 17:23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.
Joh 17:24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

NO ONE HERE DISAGREES WITH THAT STATEMENT.

Quit with that straw man.

YES, as a human, Jesus, God the Son of God, had a God, His Father

This argument is a false dilemma, in that it does not consider the possibility that Jesus is not the same BEING as the Father and Holy Spirit.

YOUR grammar is terrible, and you think that YOU'RE smart enough to correct US on what the Bible says?

:mock:

And you're too stubborn to consider that YOU'RE wrong in YOURS.

Show me the words "God the Son" in scripture. If it is not there why do you assume it is?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I pray that your just Joking.

:blabla:

:troll:

First of all, please fix your formatting.

You are incorrect.

No, I'm not.

and ANY grammar class in school would correct you.

No, they wouldn't.

Jesus clearly lists two doctrines that are "eternal life";
1) That the Father is the ONLY true God.... do you KNOW what ONLY means????? It means there are no others!!

No disagreement there.

The Father is the only true God.
The Son is the only true God.
The Holy spirit is the only true God.

HE is three Persons.

He (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) is ONE GOD.

The Lord our God, the Lord is ONE (Hebrew: echad).

Humans are ONE person (WHO), ONE being (WHAT).

God is THREE Persons (WHOs), ONE Being (WHAT).

We are made in HIS image and likeness, not the other way around.

2) That Jesus is SENT BY "the ONLY true God" ... the Father.

No disagreement there either.

Seriously, were you trying to make a point or something?

Because literally none of the above contradicts my position.

Says no verse ever. This is merely more fiction.

"Father" and "Son" are PERSONS.

The Holy Spirit is a person because He is not only called God, but He gets ANGRY, like a PERSON does.

Baptising in the NAME of the FATHER and of the SON and of the HOLY SPIRIT.

One NAME, three PERSONS.

-----------------

Dart, you answered this earlier, and I'll try to get to your other posts, but it appears you misunderstood what I was asking, so let me reword it.

I asked:

Dart, Whom was Jesus' ministry focused on?

You answered it (and correct me if I misunderstood you) as if I had asked "Whom was Jesus preaching TO".

I meant, "Whom was Jesus' ministry ABOUT?" Was it focused on Himself? or was it focused on the Father? or someone else?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I am one with the Father also.

UTTER BLASPHEMY!

You are NOT one with the Father in the same way that Jesus is one with His Father.

You don't have any idea what that means.

No, Keypurr, I know EXACTLY what it means. You're the one who is clueless.

Show me the words "God the Son" in scripture.

I have never claimed that the phrase "God the Son is in Scripture.

If it is not there why do you assume it is?

I have never claimed that the phrase "God the Son" is in Scripture.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
JR, it takes knowledge, understanding and guts to discard tradition to find truth, you have neither.
Yeah, that's right, throw me under the bus because you disagree with me, that'll win you the debate for sure!

:mock: Keypurr

Heretic.

keypurr

1Co 8:6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom are all things and we exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him.

WAS PAUL WRONG?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I am one with the Father also. You don't have any idea what that means.

Joh 17:21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
Joh 17:22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
Joh 17:23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.
Joh 17:24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.
One with the Father? Not as far as I can tell. Do you think that this is what this is saying or are those your own words?

Status
Not open for further replies.