Did God become flesh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

musterion

Hogwash.
The Bible clearly explains, states and preaches, Jesus is the literal descendant of Adam and Eve, Abraham, Judah, David and Mary. Jehovah/YHVH God is "the ONLY true God", and the Creator of the universe. Jehovah/YHVH is Christ's God. Jehovah/YHVH God EXALTED Jesus of Nazareth to be His Christ, Jehovah's anointed. When Jesus had "poured out his soul unto death", and Jesus was in hell, then Jehovah/YHVH raised Jesus from the dead, and further EXALTED him.

The logic is unassailable because that is what the Bible says. You just don't understand it because you're committed to a lie.

Right Divider

Body part
You are the one deceived. Logos is God's words, check the entire book of John.... not just the distortions trinity/oneness theologies have wreaked on the first chapter.

Jesus used Logos both plural, and singular, interchangeably;

John 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my words (Logos plural): and the word (Logos singular) which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's who sent me.

THIS is how "logos" is used in the Scriptures. It ALWAYS means "something uttered, or written".
No, it does not.

THE LOGOS refers to the God that was made flesh.

We already have plenty of anti-Christ deceivers here. We didn't need one more.

Dartman

well, unfortunately for you Dodge Dart, there is this little nugget.

Revelation 19:13
And he (Jesus) was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his (Jesus) name is called The Word of God.

So obviously you are wrong….Good day to you sir.
Yes, when Jesus returns, he will have this name. It doesn't mean he IS God's words. It means he proclaims God's words, and he fulfills God's words. Your attempt to twist the meaning of Logos simply fails.

Dartman

The logic is unassailable because that is what the Bible says. You just don't understand it because you're committed to a lie.
I understand both trinitarian theory and oneness theory. They are both false.
The Scriptures NEVER .... EVER ..... state, explain or preach ANY tenet unique to either theory!
There is no logic. 3 persons in one being is a form of insanity, it isn't logic. Being 100% man AND 100% God isn't logic, or math .... it's nonsense. Worse, it's another "Jesus" and another God!

Dartman

HOGWASH.....If you aren't JW, you're some other cult. Mormon? Adventist?
I'm Church of God, the same gospel as the apostles preached.

glorydaz said:
Fess up, because you are clearly lost.
The only element of truth in your judgmental statement is, we worship different God's, and a different Jesus.... which, sadly, means at least one of us is lost..... possibly both.
The crucial thing is, make sure we have the same God, and the same Jesus as is taught in the Scriptures.
My God, and my Jesus are both explained in plain, and simple statements of Scripture... as well as consistently preached to audiences throughout the Gospels and Acts.
Your "Jesus" is NEVER stated, explained or preached. Your "God" is NEVER stated, explained or preached.
What the trinitarian/oneness crowd constantly does, is cling to a small handful of texts that are merely worded in such a way that they MIGHT mean what you believe, if and only if, the listener is willing to accept teachings straight out of Greek mythology, philosophy and theology.... AND if the listener is either ignorant of the simple, clear actual statements of Scripture, or just willing to ignore them.
The "go to" texts of the trinitarian/oneness have MUCH better explanations, that are actually harmonious with ALL Scripture, AND harmonize with God's Creation .... the REAL WORLD we live in!!

glorydaz

The only element of truth in your judgmental statement is, we worship different God's, and a different Jesus.... which, sadly, means at least one of us is lost..... possibly both.
The crucial thing is, make sure we have the same God, and the same Jesus as is taught in the Scriptures.
My God, and my Jesus are both explained in plain, and simple statements of Scripture... as well as consistently preached to audiences throughout the Gospels and Acts.
Your "Jesus" is NEVER stated, explained or preached. Your "God" is NEVER stated, explained or preached.
What the trinitarian/oneness crowd constantly does, is cling to a small handful of texts that are merely worded in such a way that they MIGHT mean what you believe, if and only if, the listener is willing to accept teachings straight out of Greek mythology, philosophy and theology.... AND if the listener is either ignorant of the simple, clear actual statements of Scripture, or just willing to ignore them.
The "go to" texts of the trinitarian/oneness have MUCH better explanations, that are actually harmonious with ALL Scripture, AND harmonize with God's Creation .... the REAL WORLD we live in!!

And that's as far as any humanist can go, "one of us is lost.... possibly both". If you had been created IN CHRIST JESUS, you would have full assurance of your salvation, and you would KNOW the only Saviour is Jesus Christ our Lord.

To find out the only Gospel that saves today, you'll have to look to Paul, but if you can't find the divinity of Jesus Christ in the Gospel of John, you remain in darkness.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
It's not hard to understand for me, but you are quite confused. So, I will explain;

John 1:1-6
In the beginning was the word
(God's words/logos), and the word (God's words/logos) was with God, and the word (God's words/logos) was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by Him
(God); and without Him (God) was not any thing made that was made.
4 In Him
(God) was life; and the life was the light of men.
5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

Your misunderstanding comes from 18 centuries of brainwashing..... and defies VAST quantities of Scripture.

Talk about arrogant!

Ok, here's the thing.

Just because there's an "s" at the end of a word in the Greek does not make the word plural, like it does in English.

The word "logos" is a SINGULAR noun.

"LOGOS"
=
"WORD"

Nope. Word. Singular.

The Greek phrase is literally:

"THE(Article - Nominative Masculine Singular) WORD(Noun - NMS) WAS(Verb - Imperfect Indicative Active - 3rd person Singular) WITH(Preposition) THE(A - Accusative MS) GOD(N - AMS) AND(Conjunction) GOD(N - NMS) WAS(V - IIA - 3S) THE(A - NMS) WORD(N - NMS)"

The Word...

The Word is the subject here. "God" is part of the prepositional phrase.

Yes and no. The WORD is still the subject. God is the object of the prepositional phrase prior, "with God." Therefore, "all things were made by Him" is referring to THE WORD, HO LOGOS.

Yes, THE WORD. Without the WORD. Because God was the Word.

Still talking about the Word here... Who was and is God.

Yup. The Word is God.

Yup.

Though, 6 starts a new paragraph... so...

And you just so happen to know more about this passage than what has been accumulated over the past 18 centuries?

Pretty sure you don't.

You do not understand trinitarian theology.

If you did, you wouldn't have said the above.

The Scriptures NEVER .... EVER ..... state, explain or preach ANY tenet unique to either theory!

Dart.

Consider this:

None of them can by any means redeem his brother, Nor give to God a ransom for him—For the redemption of their souls is costly, And it shall cease forever—That he should continue to live eternally, And not see the Pit. . . . But God will redeem my soul from the power of the grave, For He shall receive me. Selah - Psalm 49:7-9,15 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm49:7-9,15&version=NKJV

Was David lying?

There is no logic.

Dart, Jesus preached throughout His three year ministry.

Who was he preaching about?

3 persons in one being is a form of insanity, it isn't logic.

Appeal to the stone.

And it is far from illogical.

God made man in His image and likeness.

Man is tripartite, body, soul, spirit.

God is Father, Son, Holy Ghost.

Man is one person and one being. One WHO and one WHAT.

God is three Persons and one Being. Three WHOs and one WHAT.

God is WHAT He is.

Father, Son, Spirit, is WHO He is.

Being 100% man AND 100% God isn't logic, or math .... it's nonsense.

:blabla: More appeal to the stone.

Dart, do you deny the incarnation of Christ?

Worse, it's another "Jesus" and another God!

:blabla:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Why have you not sold all you have and live in a commune, then?

The old, "Either I'm right or NO ONE is" routine.

Argument from silence.

What the trinitarian/oneness crowd constantly does, is cling to a small handful of texts that are merely worded in such a way that they MIGHT mean what you believe,

Not at all.

if and only if, the listener is willing to accept teachings straight out of Greek mythology, philosophy and theology....

I haven't seen one trinitarian in this thread refer to Greek mythology, Greek philosophy, or Greek theology in this entire thread. It's only scripture.

AND if the listener is either ignorant of the simple, clear actual statements of Scripture, or just willing to ignore them.

..."Baptising them in the name (singular) of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit"...

Three Persons, one name.

:idunno:

Dart, could you please answer this question:

Whom was Jesus' ministry focused on?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
There is no logic. 3 persons in one being is a form of insanity, it isn't logic. Being 100% man AND 100% God isn't logic, or math .... it's nonsense. Worse, it's another "Jesus" and another God!

Well said brother.

insanity is so accurate.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Why do you even ask? You don't understand simple explanation of Jesus and the Bible.
To show you're a coward.

You refuse to answer the simplest of questions about Jesus, yet claim to only teach what he taught.

Again:

Meshak, whom was Jesus' ministry focused on?

Dartman

Why have you not sold all you have and live in a commune, then?
There is no evidence that practice continued after the Church in Jerusalem was scattered. In fact, Paul helped take up a collection from the Gentile Churches of God, to aid those in Jerusalem.

JR said:
The old, "Either I'm right or NO ONE is" routine.
You don't read carefully, which explains your confusion. What I said is only one of us CAN be right, but we both MIGHT be wrong.

JR said:
Argument from silence.
Silence describes the Scriptures statements about trinity/oneness. Deafening silence. In contrast, the 100% human Jesus of Nazareth, a descendant of Adam and Eve, Noah, Abraham, Jacob, David and Mary, IS preached in many sermons recorded in the book of Acts. These facts are PRECISELY why Paul said;
2 Cor 11:3-4 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

According to Paul, we absolutely MUST be able to show the "Jesus" we believe in, being PREACHED by the apostles!!!

JR said:
Dart, could you please answer this question:

Whom was Jesus' ministry focused on?
Of course I will answer your question .... (one of my frequently used answers is .... "Sorry, I don't know")

Jesus said;

Matt 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Jesus commanded his apostles;

Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

keypurr

No, spin, evasion, crafty dismissal, as I quoted your exact words. Spam.

No, that would be you, as I trust that Christ died for my sins, and was raised again for my justificaction, and you reject that, and have a fake "Jesus," an antichrist, an impotent, in no position to save anyone.

Save it- I need no wolves, to care for me. God the Father, through the great God and Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ, whom you reject, is sufficient.

He already has-all trespasses.

Get saved.

I am not worried about getting saved John.

I suggest you pray for forgiveness and understanding. It might help you see what the words say.

keypurr

If your going to reference Revelations.... you should start with the first verse...

Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him...

So according to the very first verse... who gave Jesus His revelation??? Perhaps His GOD!

Let's now review Alpha and Omega...

I am the Alpha and the Omega.

This is referenced to Revelation 1:8. But Revelation 1:8 is talking about The Almighty, Revelation 22:12 is not using this title for Jesus but for God again. If we read Revelation 22:6 it tells us who the subject is, "The Lord, the God of prophetic spirits." Jesus does say in Revelation 1:17 that, "I am the first and the last." We shall examine what he meant by that statement.

Just because the same title is used to describe two people does not mean that those two people are one. David called King Saul "My Lord " but that does not make Saul David's God (1 Samuel 24:8).

Israel’s Judges were called "saviors" but that does not make them and Jesus one person? (Nehemiah 9:27).

Jeroboam the Second of Israel is called "Israel’s savior," but that does not make him Jesus? (2 Kings 13:5)

Before we discuss these verses it would benefit us to understand John’s view of God.

Examples:

John 17:3
"Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."

Revelation 1:6
"Who (Jesus) has made us into a kingdom, priests for his God and Father."

John 20:17
"But go to my brothers and tell them, "I am going to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God."

In these verses John does not consider Jesus to be God in any way. For John, Jesus has a God. John also does not believe Jesus to be omniscient even after his resurrected state. Revelation 1:1 says:

"The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave to him."

Even after his resurrection Jesus is not omniscient. God still gives him revelations. Emphasis on God gives him. Now we will look at Revelation 1:17 with the correct background of John’s thinking, and not with a mind set on making Jesus God at all costs.

It is obvious that God Almighty is the first and the last, but how is Jesus also the first and the last? Jesus is the first because he is the firstborn in two ways. One, he is the firstborn of God, which to the Jews implied that as the firstborn you are entitled to be the heir of your father, which Jesus is (Hebrews 1:2). Also according to Strong’s Greek Dictionary it means foremost in importance, which Jesus certainly is. This also corresponds with Psalms 89: 28 - 30.

Secondly, Jesus is the firstborn from the dead to be resurrected, which is what Jesus is speaking about in Revelation 1:18 which follows his statement that he is the first and the last. It reads:

"I am the first and the last, the one who lives. Once I was dead, but now I am alive forever."

This is also is in agreement with Colossians 1: 18. Jesus is the last because when he comes again it will be the end of the present age, and he will be in effect the last one to enter this world while it is still under the influence of Satan. He will then usher in the Messianic kingdom of God.

You knee jerk reactions shows your failure to study scripture from the beginning (Alpha) to the end (Omega) !

:poly::sherlock:
Paul

Hi Paul.

keypurr

Nope, but I do like it when they come to my house .... sadly, they usually don't come back for several years.

Not yet. Jesus doesn't have that title until he returns to conquer the planet.
When Jesus DOES have that title, it's because he is representing God's words, and fulfilling God's words. Logos simply does NOT mean "Jesus".
And, the Scriptures are VERY clear,
John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

1 Cor 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

AMEN

Status
Not open for further replies.