Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Clete Pfeiffer

Z Man,

Are you awake? Hello!!! Anybody home?
Have you completely lost your mind? Are you trying to tell me that mankind had freewill up until Noah's flood and then all the predestination stuff started? Is that really what you are saying?
Is that your whole argument that is supposed to somehow defeat my point that man being given a free will does not usurp God sovereignty?
Please tell me that you took one to many cold pills before you wrote this post! Please tell me that I have not wasted my respect on someone capable of such complete lunacy as this! Surely you can see that in one post you've completely destroyed the entire Calvinist theological construct!

Here's the bottom line. If Adam and Eve had a free will, so do I. If Adam's freedom didn't usurp God's sovereignty then neither does mine. And most importantly if even one single person (including God) has free will then there is nothing in the Bible that could possibly prove that I do not. It's an all or nothing prospect, if the Calvinist brand of predestination is true then ANYTHING, good, bad, ugly, or indifferent ever happens at all, then it is because God made it happen, period. Therefore it is God and God alone who is responsible for what happens not you not me not Hitler or and one else. Punishment of even one single sin would therefore be fundamentally unjust and cruel and God would be a liar and a sadist. Calvinism is foolishness to the absolute degree, worse even than atheism! You say that you think that Calvinism paints a more glorious picture of God! That makes me want to vomit! Perhaps it's a more glorious picture of God to Satan! The Calvinist God cannot change, it cannot feel, think, or move. Your god resembles a stone idol more than the living God of the Bible. How can such a god be glorious at all? It's revolting!

Resting in Him,
Clete
POTD :first:

[ context ]

Status
Not open for further replies.