What disgusts you the most about beanieboy?

What disgusts you the most about beanieboy?

• He's a homo.

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • He's a hypocrite.

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • He uses the bible(something he claims not to believe in) to tell Christians how they should live.

Votes: 19 55.9%
  • He claims not to need Christ in order to be loved by God.

Votes: 9 26.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Nineveh,

did you bad rep me for not capitalizing "christ"?.....someone did.
anyway.....
I guess a good example would be from Jesus' time with the pharisees and sadducees. Here is a link to an audio file you should listen to. Even the "leaders" in our churches aren't sure what's Christ like any more.
I'd think the pharisees would have been better at recognizing Christ since He was right there in front of them, but they weren't, despite that I don't think you can look to them and say that no one can recognize Christlikeness. Also, the pharisees weren't objective viewers of Christ(if that exists). They were too caught up in their customs and "obeying" the law that they totally missed it.

I already listened to that audio link. Yes, I disagree with Pastor Cox, but again, I don't think you can look to him and say that no one that isn't a Christian knows what's Christlike. My point in this is not to say that beanieboy does know what's Christlike, I'm saying that it can be done.

I don't take council from him, it's you that seems to hold the idea he has something of value to offer Christians in the way of God's Word. Once again, it seems you would like to make this a week long thing when in reality it's years long.
I didn't think I said you take counsel from him. Again, I'm not saying that he definitely has "something of value to offer Christians", but what I am saying is that I don't think it's good to discount anything a non-Christian says concerning what might or might not be Christlike, not specifically beanieboy.

Let me ask you, is the God of the OT the same God of the NT?
Yes

This is a matter you need to take up with Poly, I would think.
I agree. In case you didn't catch it I was being sarcastic in my "please judge me for not apologizing sooner". I did so because I didn't feel it was your place to say anything about my apology to her.

I'm not sure what that means other than you know you are judging the choir instead of those in danger of hell.
Yes, I was saying that I accept what you said about me for the most part letting beanieboy go while accusing Christians of their witnessing methods.
How tolerant is Christ going to be towards rebellion on judgement day?
Not very.
Are there going to be mobs of "judge not-ers" standing between bean and God's righteous judgement?
No.
So tell me where he is getting the real comfort on this thread, from those who stand between him and the Truth, or those who lay out the Truth to him?
If he gets comfort from either it's the people who "stand between him and the Truth".
One thing though...mockery is not the only way to "lay out the Truth", but I'm sure you do realize that.
The issue isn't with how something is said, the issue is his hard heart.
Apparently. Unfortunately.
This is true, except the approved methods of witness and who is sound council to a Christian.
You want me to accept your methods of witnessing...All I can do is say that I won't question your motives anymore.
I'm sorry we have not come to the place where Poly is the one on God's side and bean is a lost pagan in need of the judgements
I never said Poly wasn't on God's side.
I never said beanie wasn't living in sin and in need of judgement.
but I have been talking to you and Poly instead of him so maybe that's why you think that's what I think.

Kevin

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Who bad repped me for not capitalizing "christ"?

To whoever it was...
I didn't mean any disrepect by it, I just didn't put "C". But if I truly offended someone than I'm sorry.

Kevin

beanieboy

kmoney said:

To whoever it was...
I didn't mean any disrepect by it, I just didn't put "C". But if I truly offended someone than I'm sorry.

Kevin

Sounds like someone is straining a gnat, and swallowing a camel.

Sorry to hear that, Kevin

Nineveh

Merely Christian
kmoney said:
did you bad rep me for not capitalizing "christ"?.....someone did.
anyway.....

Nope, not I.

I'd think the pharisees would have been better at recognizing Christ since He was right there in front of them, but they weren't, despite that I don't think you can look to them and say that no one can recognize Christlikeness. Also, the pharisees weren't objective viewers of Christ(if that exists). They were too caught up in their customs and "obeying" the law that they totally missed it.

I didn't say no one could. I do however feel that those who don't know Christ are stretching it to say they know what He is like, though. I think you hit the nail on the head, much like pagans do, they were wrapped up in what they thought He should be.

I already listened to that audio link. Yes, I disagree with Pastor Cox, but again, I don't think you can look to him and say that no one that isn't a Christian knows what's Christlike. My point in this is not to say that beanieboy does know what's Christlike, I'm saying that it can be done.

I think in rare instances it could be done (maybe by an apostate), but bean doesn't. Anyway, the reason I brought up Cox was he claimed to be the head pastor and he doesn't know what Christ-likeness is. So what's the odds the average unrepentant idolitrous homo does?

I didn't think I said you take counsel from him. Again, I'm not saying that he definitely has "something of value to offer Christians", but what I am saying is that I don't think it's good to discount anything a non-Christian says concerning what might or might not be Christlike, not specifically beanieboy.

Firstly, we aren't talking about all pagans, we are talking about bean. Secondly, I think history plays a huge part in why so many voted the way they did in this poll.

Then the same way David mocked Goliath and the way Elijah mocked the prophets of baal are just as legitimate as the way Paul mocks folks (remember him "boasting") or you and I do. We aren't mocking people for self serving reasons, and indeed mockery isn't always called for. However, when it is, perhaps we should step back and see where someone is going with it rather than jump in with half the facts and a whole judgement.

I agree. In case you didn't catch it I was being sarcastic in my "please judge me for not apologizing sooner". I did so because I didn't feel it was your place to say anything about my apology to her.

I went back to make sure I have this right:

You said: let me say this, if Poly's point in this was to witness to beanieboy and be harsh as a last resort because she truly cares about him than I'm ok with it, or at least my disapproval is greatly lessened, but I didn't see any motive in it except to bash him, and like I said before, she said herself she was just curious which to me just seems like she wants to have a collective bashing party, but.....
I am in no place to judge her motives and her heart in this and I was wrong to assume the worst. Poly I'm sorry.....

I replied: First you judge Poly for being wrong in her intentions ( which is her heart btw ) and then apologize. Yet, after how many posts? You are still judging Christians for witnessing to the lost with not one word to those in danger of hell. Didn't I say this is usually how it goes?

Perhpas you misunderstood what I was saying. Your paragraph first judges her, then apologizes for it. That is a schizophrenic way to edify someone, don't you think? But beyond that, bean goes unchastened still yet. Anyway, I wasn't judging you or calling your apology into question, I was trying to point out how odd it is to judge someone then apologize for it in the same breath.

Yes, I was saying that I accept what you said about me for the most part letting beanieboy go while accusing Christians of their witnessing methods.

Ok...

Not very.

At that point I think Christ's patience will be exhausted and judgement will come.

We agree. Each of us will stand to give an acocunt. Either we will have Christ's righteousness or our own. Right now, bean is in danger of being judged by his own works. To you and me, that is a fearful thing (or should be), but to bean, it means nothing at all. Why? Because he paints our God in his image. This plays into him not quite catching on to what is and is not Christ-like.

If he gets comfort from either it's the people who "stand between him and the Truth". One thing though...mockery is not the only way to "lay out the Truth", but I'm sure you do realize that.

Well, for now you are right. He gets fleeting comfort from those who would shield him from a Righteous God or those who battle against others witnessing to him, but... I said real comfort. The kind of comfort that can only come from One place. The kind that won't be burned away come the day of judgement.

You want me to accept your methods of witnessing...All I can do is say that I won't question your motives anymore.

I haven't asked you to accept anything. What I would ask of you is to take a step back and see where things go instead of jumping in in mid stream. You know? I've been talking to people before, and out of the blue I say something I have no idea what it means, until I see the look on their face. Obviously, it meant something to them. It's really hard to judge where the Spirit may be leading someone in witness. The tact I use, is to step back and watch, maybe even learn something.

I never said Poly wasn't on God's side.

True, but you did judge her.

I never said beanie wasn't living in sin and in need of judgement.

True, but you didn't judge him
but I have been talking to you and Poly instead of him so maybe that's why you think that's what I think.

Or maybe it's like all the rest on TOL who only reserve judgement for the Christians? You are new here, so I guess time will tell :)

fool

Hall of Fame
kmoney said:

To whoever it was...

Kevin
why do you care about the little squares?
do you serve truth?
or little squares?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
fool said:
do you serve truth?
or little squares?

fool,
the squares aren't what concerns me.
what bugged me is that it seems very "religious" to care that I put "christ" instead of "Christ". if I cared about my squares than I'd just agree/praise everything the people with lots of green squares say.

Kevin

kmoney

Hall of Fame
fool said:
do you serve truth?
or little squares?

also, if someone is going to bad rep me I think they shouldn't be so cowardly as to remain anonymous.....

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
I apologize for being away. I spent my three full days off from work battling a computer virus that kept me crippled and offline. After spending an entire day and a half installing windows 4 times and talking to Microsoft and burning virus definitions to CD, I think I finally won. I'll spend some time reviewing posts.

fool

Hall of Fame
kmoney said:
also, if someone is going to bad rep me I think they shouldn't be so cowardly as to remain anonymous.....
the whole point of the rep system is to facilitate anonymous insults by cowards
if you subscribe you can see who bad repped you
but the point still stands
do you seek the approval of men,
or God?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Nineveh,
Nope, not I.
ok....
I didn't say no one could. I do however feel that those who don't know Christ are stretching it to say they know what He is like, though. I think you hit the nail on the head, much like pagans do, they were wrapped up in what they thought He should be.
I thought you were saying no one could, but you cleared that up. And I agree about the part that unbelievers often confuse Jesus' reality with what he is conceived to be like.

Then the same way David mocked Goliath and the way Elijah mocked the prophets of baal are just as legitimate as the way Paul mocks folks (remember him "boasting") or you and I do. We aren't mocking people for self serving reasons, and indeed mockery isn't always called for. However, when it is, perhaps we should step back and see where someone is going with it rather than jump in with half the facts and a whole judgement.
a thought....It wouldn't call David mocking Goliath or Elijah mocking the baal prophets as evangelism....
I'm having trouble remembering what you're talking about with Paul...can you give me a reference?
Perhpas you misunderstood what I was saying. Your paragraph first judges her, then apologizes for it. That is a schizophrenic way to edify someone, don't you think?
ok, let me try and explain...there seems to be 2 stages of my attitude towards this thread
1) I saw in no way that Poly or anyone who would engage in this poll had good intentions so I railed it and/or judged it
2) You told me that you and Poly use methods such as this as a witnessing tool,
having this knowledge I now don't question your intentions as I did originally, but I still feel it is an ineffective method and, as of now, I still would never personally engage in it.....

I haven't asked you to accept anything. What I would ask of you is to take a step back and see where things go instead of jumping in in mid stream. You know? I've been talking to people before, and out of the blue I say something I have no idea what it means, until I see the look on their face. Obviously, it meant something to them. It's really hard to judge where the Spirit may be leading someone in witness. The tact I use, is to step back and watch, maybe even learn something.
agreed.

True, but you did judge her.
yes, when I thought her only motive was to bash beanieboy.
True, but you didn't judge him
no, I didn't.
Or maybe it's like all the rest on TOL who only reserve judgement for the Christians?
doesn't someone have to.... :)

I edited this post because I wanted to say this but forgot and posted it....

I feel like we're understanding each other better now, not necessarily in total agreement, but I think there were some misunderstandings that made things unclear. Anyway, despite what you may think from how I've come across I've enjoyed this discussion with you. Thanks. You've given me stuff to think about.

Kevin

kmoney

Hall of Fame
fool said:
the whole point of the rep system is to facilitate anonymous insults by cowards
if you subscribe you can see who bad repped you
but the point still stands
do you seek the approval of men,
or God?

I don't feel like spending money to see who is disapproving of me....

God

Kevin

One Eyed Jack

kmoney said:

I did. You don't seem to have a problem capitalizing your own name, but everytime you mention Christ or Christians you start them with lower-case letters.

To whoever it was...
I didn't mean any disrepect by it, I just didn't put "C".

Like I said -- you don't seem to have any problem capitalizing your own name.

But if I truly offended someone than I'm sorry.

Kevin

I'm not offended. Atheists sometimes like to pose as Christians, and we've recently had an invasion.

Last edited:

fool

Hall of Fame
One Eyed Jack said:
I'm not offended. Atheists sometimes like to pose as Christians, and we've recently had an invasion.
battle stations!
battle stations!

fool

Hall of Fame
For the record I try to capitalize any proper nouns
even ones I don't believe exist

Nineveh

Merely Christian
kmoney said:
I thought you were saying no one could, but you cleared that up. And I agree about the part that unbelievers often confuse Jesus' reality with what he is conceived to be like.

As a Christian here on TOL, you are about to see it on almost a daily basis....

a thought....It wouldn't call David mocking Goliath or Elijah mocking the baal prophets as evangelism....
I'm having trouble remembering what you're talking about with Paul...can you give me a reference?

Any one of those prophets of baal could have taken a second look and seen they were acting in vain calling on their idol. Unfortunatly none repented. What are the odds if Elijah had talked nicely to them one might have?

Paul "boasts" which is sort of mockery and sort of sarcasm to his audience. You will find it in 2 Corinthians 11.

ok, let me try and explain...there seems to be 2 stages of my attitude towards this thread
1) I saw in no way that Poly or anyone who would engage in this poll had good intentions so I railed it and/or judged it
2) You told me that you and Poly use methods such as this as a witnessing tool,
having this knowledge I now don't question your intentions as I did originally, but I still feel it is an ineffective method and, as of now, I still would never personally engage in it.....

It's nice to see your change in attitude :)

:thumb:

yes, when I thought her only motive was to bash beanieboy.

I think she, like the other 9 people who voted, have come to the end of their patience when it comes to bean's use of Scriptures.

no, I didn't.

I'm sure the longer you are here the more opportunities you will see.

doesn't someone have to.... :)

hmmm... what does Paul say?

I edited this post because I wanted to say this but forgot and posted it....

hee hee I usually have to edit for public school spelling :D

I feel like we're understanding each other better now, not necessarily in total agreement, but I think there were some misunderstandings that made things unclear. Anyway, despite what you may think from how I've come across I've enjoyed this discussion with you. Thanks. You've given me stuff to think about.

Maybe we shouldn't be agreeing... the pagans like to believe Christians never agree on anything lol Anyway, I feel I have negelected my duty here and not properly welcomed you to TOL yet....

So...

Welcome to TOL :)

fool

Hall of Fame
beanieboy said:
Also for the record, is it Christians or christians?
Or is it both?
I am far from being any authority on proper grammer
but I think if your using it as a noun like"everybody hide the Christians are coming!"
then it gets a cap
but if it's "I burned some christian propaganda"
then no, comments anyone?
how do people feel about no caps at all? as long as it's consistent

kmoney

Hall of Fame
One Eyed Jack said:
I did. You don't seem to have a problem capitalizing your own name, but everytime you mention Christ or Christians you start them with lower-case letters.

Like I said -- you don't seem to have any problem capitalizing your own name.

One Eye Jack,
I do capitalize my name. I also capitalize the names of people on this forum who I'm talking to. I don't always capitalize christ. I also don't always capitalize god.

I mean nothing negative by it. If you don't believe me than so be it. I am not a person "posing" to be a Christian.

Kevin

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Nineveh,
Any one of those prophets of baal could have taken a second look and seen they were acting in vain calling on their idol. Unfortunatly none repented. What are the odds if Elijah had talked nicely to them one might have?
I don't think you can calculate the "odds" of repentance no matter if Elijah was nice or mean.

Paul "boasts" which is sort of mockery and sort of sarcasm to his audience. You will find it in 2 Corinthians 11
The Corinthian church is not the prophets of baal.

hmmm... what does Paul say?
He says that someone has to.

Maybe we shouldn't be agreeing... the pagans like to believe Christians never agree on anything lol
ha, the thing is it's often true....

Welcome to TOL
Thank you.

Kevin

Nineveh

Merely Christian
kmoney said:
I don't think you can calculate the "odds" of repentance no matter if Elijah was nice or mean.

The Corinthian church is not the prophets of baal.

In both cases, one OT and one NT, we see witnessing isn't always "nice".

He says that someone has to.

1 Corinthians 4 & 6. And I'll toss in Jesus' quote from John 7:24.

ha, the thing is it's often true....

Not so much as they would hope :)

Thank you.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.