Battle Talk ~ BR XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

novice

Who is the stooge now?
Theo uses the following principle as his basis for determining the validity of the death penalty... “For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.”

I want SOOOOOOOOOOO bad to respond to that but I am afraid I would steal Turbo's thunder.

Personally I think Theo has dug himself an incredible hole using that principle for criminal justice.

Phantastes

BANNED
Banned
People who obsess over God's justice are usually the ones that think they aren't in the crosshairs. When Christians completely abolish a sense of forgiveness and mercy towards those who are "sinners" then they have blindly forgotten what God has shown them to do all through the Bible. I'm rooting for Theo, mostly because everyone elses sense of bloodshed and violence has made me sick. We are told to love and try to seek the will of God, which is righteousness, but do we do these things? No. We hunt down the people who sin with electric chairs, nooses, and rocks.

"Personally I think Theo has dug himself an incredible hole using that principle for criminal justice." - Novice

Well I guess the Bible dug itself into a whole then. Or do we just like to pick and choose what we read in the Bible?

truthteller86

Phantastes said:

"Personally I think Theo has dug himself an incredible hole using that principle for criminal justice." - Novice

Well I guess the Bible dug itself into a whole then. Or do we just like to pick and choose what we read in the Bible?
No, we learn how to "Rightly divide the Word of Truth". Pretty simple.

novice

Who is the stooge now?
Phantastes said:

Not at all!

Forgiveness is a key element in the Bible. But forgiveness must be done in a righteous way. Ignoring the context of God's commands is a painful blister that grieves God as we speak.

Can't wait for Turbo's response to the massive slippery slope Theo has groomed for himself. :D

novice

Who is the stooge now?
Phantastes said:
I'm rooting for Theo, mostly because everyone elses sense of bloodshed and violence has made me sick.
The righteous shall rejoice when he sees the vengeance; He shall wash his feet in the blood of the wicked, - Psalms 58:10

Bob Enyart

Deceased
Staff member
Administrator
Please repeat the questions you are responding to...

Please repeat the questions you are responding to...

I have a request of theo_victis.

Theo, please repeat Turbo's questions when you respond to them. Answers like this are not very helpful to the reader:
Theo-A-TurbosQ1: No. I do not agree. See my response to your interpretation of that passage.
TheoATurbosQ2: N/A
Theo-A-TurbosQ3: No, not any more. See Christ.​
Sometimes an answer is so untenable, that showing the answer immediately following its question makes everyone cringe a bit. The answer should follow the question so we can all see, without having to go elsewhere to first find each question, whether or not the answer is even responsive.

Thanks for considering this request.

-Bob Enyart

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Bill Clinton said:
I just hate the death penalty.

I'm certain that God does too! I sure that he would rather no one commit murder and rape and molest children.

Lucky

Hall of Fame
TheoQ9: Have you ever broken one of the decrees of the Law that mandate the DP?
Rather personal for an organized debate, no? :idunno:
TheoQ10: Does the entirety of the OT law still apply today?
That's like a whole other Battle Royale right there. :eek:
TheoQ12: Do these statistics taken directly from the US Department of Justice indicate any form of racial bias? (If you are unsure, please suggest the plausibility of it being racially biased)
Too specific to the point of being off topic, IMO. This isn't "Should Americans support the current American DP system?"

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Lucky said:
Rather personal for an organized debate, no? :idunno:

That's like a whole other Battle Royale right there. :eek:

Too specific to the point of being off topic, IMO. This isn't "Should Americans support the current American DP system?"
:sibbie: You aren't in this BR! Stop answering his questions!

:chuckle:

novice

Who is the stooge now?
Lucky said:
You have hit the proverbial nail on the proverbial head. :DToo specific to the point of being off topic, IMO. This isn't "Should Americans support the current American DP system?"
You have hit the proverbial nail on the proverbial head. :D

Primghar

BANNED
Banned
novice said:
Not at all!

Forgiveness is a key element in the Bible. But forgiveness must be done in a righteous way. Ignoring the context of God's commands is a painful blister that grieves God as we speak.

Can't wait for Turbo's response to the massive slippery slope Theo has groomed for himself. :D

No one is ignoring context....other than Turbo...Did you READ theo's post???

What does it mean to forgive in a righteous way?

Primghar

BANNED
Banned
novice said:
The righteous shall rejoice when he sees the vengeance; He shall wash his feet in the blood of the wicked, - Psalms 58:10

Right. But the verse directly below that says, "surely there is a God who judges the earth." Hmm....that seems to imply that WE are not the judges--God is!

"The LORD will judge his people" --Deuteronomy 32:36

"For we know him who said, 'It is mine to avenge; I will repay,' and again, 'The Lord will judge his people.' " --Romans 10:30

"For the Lord will vindicate his people and have compassion on his servants." --Psalm 135:14

"Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: 'It is mine to avenge; I will repay,' says the Lord." --Romans 12:19

jeremiah

BANNED
Banned
I guess the question I would have would be for Theo Victus's professor. If he would have allowed a forgiven Christian murderer, to teach Sunday school, and babysit his kids, would he allow a DP advocate, who is also a forgiven Christian, to teach Sunday school and babysit his kids.

I would like to hear how he would have answered that.

I think those who are against the DP on the basis of forgiveness that has been offered to us and the death penalties that we have all escaped should make this their first statement in defense of their position. "We extend forgiveness to all those who have executed, and or will execute anyone who has committed a murder." That should be their clarion call and stated up front in every debate. From their they could go forth and defend their position with integrity and equity. I would like the "professor" or Theo Victus to make such a "call" in fairness to their belief, and understanding of the nature of God's forgiveness.

Primghar

BANNED
Banned
truthteller86 said:
No, we learn how to "Rightly divide the Word of Truth". Pretty simple.

So, i started looking at your avatar and it is strangely ironic....the words and the noose and all.

Primghar

BANNED
Banned
jeremiah said:
I guess the question I would have would be for Theo Victus's professor. If he would have allowed a forgiven Christian murderer, to teach Sunday school, and babysit his kids, would he allow a DP advocate, who is also a forgiven Christian, to teach Sunday school and babysit his kids.

I would like to hear how he would have answered that.

I think those who are against the DP on the basis of forgiveness that has been offered to us and the death penalties that we have all escaped should make this their first statement in defense of their position. "We extend forgiveness to all those who have executed, and or will execute anyone who has committed a murder." That should be their clarion call and stated up front in every debate. From their they could go forth and defend their position with integrity and equity. I would like the "professor" or Theo Victus to make such a "call" in fairness to their belief, and understanding of the nature of God's forgiveness.

What do you mean, "would he allow a DP advocate, who is also a forgiven Christian, to teach Sunday school and babysit his kids"? Why wouldn't he?
I would like to know what it would mean if he wouldn't allow that person to babysit and teach...

I would just like to note that your statement, "We extend forgiveness to all those who have executed, and or will execute anyone who has committed a murder," is dumb. It seems obvious from what Theo has written that he believes forgiveness is for EVERYONE (which would include the executors of...the execution--those who are actually responsible for the executions). I mean, if he believes the murderers should have forgiveness, why would the murderers' executioners be denied forgiveness? Everyone means everyone!
So, I think it would be silly to make a declaration of that fact twice.

Also, you used the wrong "their." Silly willy.

Primghar

BANNED
Banned
Primghar said:
What do you mean, "would he allow a DP advocate, who is also a forgiven Christian, to teach Sunday school and babysit his kids"? Why wouldn't he?
I would like to know what it would mean if he wouldn't allow that person to babysit and teach...

I would just like to note that your statement, "We extend forgiveness to all those who have executed, and or will execute anyone who has committed a murder," is dumb. It seems obvious from what Theo has written that he believes forgiveness is for EVERYONE (which would include the executors of...the execution--those who are actually responsible for the executions). I mean, if he believes the murderers should have forgiveness, why would the murderers' executioners be denied forgiveness? Everyone means everyone!
So, I think it would be silly to make a declaration of that fact twice.

Also, you used the wrong "their." Silly willy.

I read theo's post again, and just to back myself up about the whole forgiveness ranting that Jeremiah did, this is a direct quote from Theo's post:
“Forgive them all and let God sort them out.”

peace out.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
would it be correct to think that part of forgiveness is accepting the consequences of ones sin?

Status
Not open for further replies.