Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

• Total voters

allsmiles

Turbo said:
Consider: in a roomful of people, all of whom are behaving acceptably in a social setting, you can't whether a person is a murderer unless the person tells you.

spooky stuff. where do you live?;)

Consider: in a roomful of people, all of whom are behaving acceptably in a social setting, you can't tell whether a person is a thief unless the person tells you.

true... or if you see him swipe something, usually a dead giveaway.

Consider: in a roomful of people, all of whom are behaving acceptably in a social setting, you can't tell whether a person is a child molestor unless the person tells you.

for the most part i would agree...

Consider: in a roomful of people, all of whom are behaving acceptably in a social setting, you can't tell whether a person is a rapist unless the person tells you.

there are subtle indications of creepiness from molesters and rapists, unfortunately i've met both:(... maybe the vibe won't give you a specific, "oh my god, he's a kiddie raper," but you almost always feel something, if you've got any intuition at all.

Consider: in a roomful of people, all of whom are behaving acceptably in a social setting, you can't tell whether a person is a drug dealer unless the person tells you.

actually... i'm pretty good at this one;)

Consider: in a roomful of people, all of whom are behaving acceptably in a social setting, you can't tell whether a person beats his wife unless the person tells you.

unless the missus is there, sporting her new, fashionable chic black eye.

that she got when she slipped on a bar of soap in the shower. Right honey?

Pepper

You people (if most of you can even be called that) disgust me, I find it sickening that this is even a thread topic.

Imrahil

LIFETIME MEMBER
Gerald said:
But how does one know if such repentance is genuine?
How does one know? They can't but they can decide based on level of apparent sincerity and how well they know that person. Another good indicator is the person's actions after that point.

dRock

allsmiles said:
unless the missus is there, sporting her new, fashionable chic black eye.

that she got when she slipped on a bar of soap in the shower. Right honey?
Man! That reminds me of a joke that is probably not going to be accpeted on this thread....the way things look like they are going.

dRock

Leviticus 20:13
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
Hmmmmm......I'll let you define that as you wish

lovemeorhateme

Rimi said:
LMOHM, why don't you just act on your desires? You claim to be a queer. You defend queers. You mock God's thoughts on queers. Why don't you just act on it?

And I'll bet you voted yes on this poll. It's not your business whether or not I do or don't act on my feelings. Nor is it your business to ask my why. So, please don't :) As I have said time and time again, if you want to ask me these things, then ask me in a thread dedicated to these things.

The Berean

Surr said:
I see you have a very clear understanding of the scientific theory of evolution.

Debunked by who? According to the scientific community, homosexuality is genetic. And I'm quite sure I was born bisexual. It was not a choice I made.
If this is true is this a good thig? Potentially, a genetic test can be created to test for a "gay" gene. What would happen if a couple found out their unborn baby will be gay. Most couples would have an abortion right away. Then "gay" people would become extinct within a few generations. Is that a good thing?

Imrahil

LIFETIME MEMBER
Granite said:
Short of catching them red handed this kind of law is impossible to enforce.
The goal of this kind of law, as with all good laws, would be to deter people from engaging in this crime, not just catching them.
While you're at it, you will have to execute adult heteros who sleep with each outside of marriage as well as adulterers.
I'm all for it. Can we count or your support?

lovemeorhateme

Pepper said:
You people (if most of you can even be called that) disgust me, I find it sickening that this is even a thread topic.

Pepper, I started this thread on the suggestion of Zakath. I do not, nor will or could I ever advocate the death penalty for homosexuality. This thread is here to try to show those people on here, that their view is morally wrong and sickening.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Imrahil said:
Flogging. Wifebeaters are guilty of assault and given corporal punishment.

Can you cite this biblically, please?

I'm asking because Turbo gave a laundry list of many "crimes" he seems to imply deserve death. Wife beating is not one of them that I am aware of. The Mosaic law code does not mention this once, IIRC.

dRock

Medical science is soooooooo far advanced these days, they very might possibly be able to, soon, "delete" the gay gene and replace it with, say, the "sexy" gene...

Granite

Hall of Fame
Imrahil said:
Is simple suspicion enough to convict someone of any crime?

No. But say you live next two thirtysomething guys who live together and walk their pets side by side. They do not date women and appear, outwardly, to be a couple.

Again, short of kicking their door down, how would you convict them of homosexuality?

lovemeorhateme

Imrahil said:
Flogging. Wifebeaters are guilty of assault and given corporal punishment.

That makes sense:

A good flogging for someone hurting someone (a man beating his wife)
The death penalty for someone loving someone (a gay couple)

:think:

dRock

Granite said:
Can you cite this biblically, please?

I'm asking because Turbo gave a laundry list of many "crimes" he seems to imply deserve death. Wife beating is not one of them that I am aware of. The Mosaic law code does not mention this once, IIRC.
Levitical Law....

Rimi

lovemeorhateme said:
And I'll bet you voted yes on this poll. It's not your business whether or not I do or don't act on my feelings. Nor is it your business to ask my why. So, please don't :) As I have said time and time again, if you want to ask me these things, then ask me in a thread dedicated to these things.

Actually, I've not voted on it. Ask a moderator if there's some way to confirm this. It is my business when you make it my business by coming here and then even stating on these threads that you won't act on such things. So, yes, it's my business because you foolishly make it so. Buttslime is disgusting but at least amusing.

You are just creepy. Still got those suicidal tendencies? Still think you're not worth anything? Maybe you shouldn't be driving a train carrying people; you might decide they're not worth it either and decide their end with your own.