Battle Talk ~ BR XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Capital Punishment: Should Christians support the Death Penalty?
Battle Royale XI

Turbo vs. theo_victis

Battle Royale XI is located here.

Both Theo and Turbo have made their opening statements. What do you think of them? Who has positioned themselves better for the battle?

This is the thread where we will discuss the details of the battle. No rabbit trails please!!! Posts that are off topic will be deleted.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
i think so ..

is this a misprint:

.you shall give life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, stipe for stipe. Exodus 21:24-25

..??

Bob Enyart

Deceased
Staff member
Administrator
After reading the questions from both sides

After reading the questions from both sides

After reading the questions from both sides directed toward one another, wow.
Many of you will know that I stronly support the death penalty, and with that said:
Turbo's questions are extremely well set up to defend his position, but... it seems that TV's questions are just as perfect for Turbo.

We'll see...

-Bob Enyart

Bill Clinton

I just hate the death penalty.

I think we should be filled with forgiveness. My Bible is filled with forgiveness and I have a BIG Bible.

Redfin

theo_victus said:
"Forgiveness is taking action of sin through Christ whose sacrifice condemns all sin effectively.”
(bolding by Redfin)

Theo, this seems to be a main point, and it is unintelligible to me.

Can you clarify? Thanks.

novice

Who is the stooge now?
Turbo said:
If the death penalty is immoral, then what does that say about God the Father? For He required that the Son be put to death to pay the penalty for our sin.
Ouch!

How is Theo going to repond to that????

That's a one sentence knock-out.

:eek:

The Berean

Round was was pretty meaty. Both sides asked some deep theological questions. I look forward to round 2! :thumb:

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
From TV's OP:

He looked at me directly in the eyes and said, “Patrick, forgiveness is not simply letting go of the offense, nor is it just forgetting as though it didn’t happen. Forgiveness is taking action of sin through Christ whose sacrifice condemns all sin effectively.”

It was through this simple, truthful understanding of what forgiveness means that I began to realize how serious that concept was. If Karla was forgiven by God, does that mean I should forgive her? My head slowly began to nod yes even though my vengeful-over-emotional heart screamed no!!! It had begun to make sense that maybe the DP was not just.

This led me to ask a tough question that I would challenge Turbo to respond to:

Question for Turbo: Should a Christian support the DP for a fellow believer who confessed guilt and asked sincerely for forgiveness?

I look forward to Turbo's answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.