A problem with open theism (HOF thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jeremiah85 said:
I see that we are mostly in agreement after all.
I don't think so. I don't think we agree at all.

God chooses NOT to know the future.

He intentionally created us NOT KNOWING the future or our future choices so that our love for Him would NOT BE coerced.

When I said..."It isn't that God CAN'T know the future because He certainly could have chose to create a static future without freewill agents." I mean that to be hypothetical, in other words God COULD HAVE created that way but He chose not to.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Mr. 5020 said:
What about the "day is as a thousand years" reference?
It's like the way a 90 year old perceives time differently than a five year old but to the extreme.

Agape4Robin

Knight said:

He intentionally created us NOT KNOWING the future or our future choices so that our love for Him would NOT BE coerced.

When I said..."It isn't that God CAN'T know the future because He certainly could have chose to create a static future without freewill agents." I mean that to be hypothetical, in other words God COULD HAVE created that way but He chose not to.
Ah, so now the mighty Knight knows what God does and does not choose to know....

He must be .......special :kookoo:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Agape4Robin said:
Nope....I don't see where I said that Christ is still suffering on the cross.......... :nono:
You said God has no past.

If God has no past then the suffering can't be in the past!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Man I love open theism! It rocks! It cannot be defeated and it has no holes! Praise the Lord!!!

Threads like this get me so pumped!

It's just too easy.

But isn't that how the truth should be?

Gotta go, be back later!

Jeremiah85

Knight said:

I would really appreciate it if you could answer my questions without my having to repeat them. To recap: so, do we agree that God can know what our decisions will be?

Agape4Robin said:
Ah, so now the mighty Knight knows what God does and does not choose to know....
Knight, have you been having some conversations with God that we need to know about? :chuckle:

julie21

Knight: He intentionally created us NOT KNOWING the future or our future choices so that our love for Him would NOT BE coerced.
Can you explain tnis please?
How could His knowing OUR future or OUR future choices coerce our love for Him?...as we are not privy to His knowledge, we do not have 'foreknowledge', and so we can't possibly love Him for anything other than what we know of Him at this moment in time? Loving Him for all He has done for us in our lives in the past, what He is doing at this very moment and what He will do for us in our future, even though we do not know our future...His knowledge of our future choices cannot coerce us into loving Him. We love Him just because of who He is, was and forever will be.

Last edited:

drbrumley

Jeremiah85 said:
I would really appreciate it if you could answer my questions without my having to repeat them. To recap: so, do we agree that God can know what our decisions will be?

Knight, have you been having some conversations with God that we need to know about? :chuckle:
I understand from the Bible that God can know the future. But the Bible shows us when He does. He determines it. When He determines it, He makes it happen. Therefore, He can know that it will happen, but that does not mean that He knows it because He looks into the future to know it.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Mr. 5020 said:
What about the "day is as a thousand years" reference?
It's like the way a 90 year old perceives time differently than a five year old but to the extreme.

Jeremiah85

drbrumley said:
I understand from the Bible that God can know the future. But the Bible shows us when He does. He determines it. When He determines it, He makes it happen. Therefore, He can know that it will happen, but that does not mean that He knows it because He looks into the future to know it.
I must disagree. I firmly believe that God knows everything. For Him to know any less would make Him imperfect and vulnerable to mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.