Attn:Mr. Enyart--question about your "Evolve.exe" program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
fool said:
there's a Christien talk host in Detroit that does call ins
but the week is scheduled around topics and guests so it has to be relevent to them
but Friday is free for all friday where the whole show is any caller any topic
and he hits the best emails from the bag
he also responds to email (so I've heard)
is Bob's show any topic all the time?
I there alot of callers?
somepeople wait hours to get on some shows don't they?
what if time runs out before the points are made?
Maybe you should check out a show or two www.kgov.com.

His shows are broadcast on the most powerful AM station in Denver and of course available on the net.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
fool said:
there's a Christien talk host in Detroit that does call ins
but the week is scheduled around topics and guests so it has to be relevent to them
but Friday is free for all friday where the whole show is any caller any topic
and he hits the best emails from the bag
he also responds to email (so I've heard)
is Bob's show any topic all the time?
I there alot of callers?
somepeople wait hours to get on some shows don't they?
what if time runs out before the points are made?
I much prefer the format of Bob Enyart's show over Bob Dutko's.

When Bob Dutko takes calls (usually on whatever topic was just discussed), he tries to fit in as many calls as he can, and as a result usually callers don't get more than one or two soundbites in. He might let a caller reply to his response once, and on rare occasions, twice. But then he hangs up on them (while getting the last word) and moves onto the next call.

He even does this with emails. A couple months back the Sibbie sent him an email in reply to a topic from that week. I encouraged her to make her email as pithy as possible, because he normally doesn't read more than one paragraph from an email. He ended up reading the first half of her email on the air, and then chimed in with his counterpoint, which was actually something she went on to say in the second half. :mad:

On Bob Enyart's show, on the other hand, the phone lines are almost always open for any topic. While Enyart does encourage callers to get to the point and stay focused, he actually engages them and keeps them on the line until the discussion naturally ends. I'd say the average length of time each caller gets is ten minutes but it's not that unusual for one caller to stay on the line for most of the show. Even if the show ends, he often keeps his last caller on the line so that they can finish their discussion. (And he sometimes takes calls off the air.)

Yet despite this, I have never had much trouble at all having my calls taken on Enyart's show. I suspect that this is because the lines are pretty much always open, so there isn't this rush to get on the line at certain points of the show. It might also be that people are less likely to call in unless they have really something to say, since they won't be cut off for better or for worse after 15 seconds.

I don't know of any other talkshow host that engages callers the way Enyart does.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Turbo said:
I much prefer the format of Bob Enyart's show over Bob Dutko's.

I don't know of any other talkshow host that engages callers the way Enyart does.

It is probably because most talk shows are more about sound bytes and entertainment and the next commercial break while Enyart's is about sharing the Truth.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Justin (Wiccan) said:
Regarding your "Evolve" program (found on your website: http://www.kgov.com/evolve/), you make the following statement: "Many honest students of life will look at the results and realize that if random chance cannot get a simple alphabet right, it could never get life started." (Emphasis added.)

Do you mean the emphasised statement as a conclusive assesment of abiogenesis, or as an illustrative analogy?

Thank you for your time,

Justin
You could E mail him this question and include a link to this thread. It might peak his intrest.

Sleepy Time

Shimei said:
while Enyart's is about sharing the Truth.

...capital "T" shimei?. It's Bob's version and that surely can't be looked at as some capital "T" absolute; debated and hashed out? yes...Truth? That needs to be talked out.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Sleepy Time said:
...capital "T" shimei?. It's Bob's version and that surely can't be looked at as some capital "T" absolute; debated and hashed out? yes...Truth? That needs to be talked out.

Is what you just posted true sleepy?

taoist

Shimei said:
Is what you just posted true sleepy?

Now here's the mark of a true Enyartian. Just knowledgable enough to be able to state the pastor's favorite paradox, but lacking the erudition to understand that batting paradoxes around is the most hackneyed method known to history of stifling debate, the equivalent of intellectually turning tail and running.

But it makes no difference how many times or in how many ways one pops the bubble on this fatuous paradox, from books of all books to sets of all sets to truths of all truth, it's the same recursive structure and the same paradox resolved, and the same frustration in trying to force Enyartians profoundly antagonistic to learning to think for themselves.

Godel's uncertainty theorem, Shimei, check it out. Your pastor's favorite paradox, resolved over 50 years ago, but then again ... nobody said he was the sharpest crayon in the box.

PureX

The pit of willful ignorance is bottomless. That's why I usually avoid these threads about Enyart.

Flipper

The "There are no truths - is that true?" paradox is even easier to solve if you just add a codicil. "There are no truths, except this one".

I prefer a further amendment: "There may be no absolute truths. But I can't prove it."

And, of course, much depends upon your definition of "truth".

On Fire

PureX said:
Dunno. Probably not. "There's nothing is new under the sun" as someone once wrote. *smile*
I Googled both "pit of willful ignorance is bottomless" and "bottomless pit of willful ignorance" and came up blank. I think you've got a winner. I like it.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
taoist said:
Godel's uncertainty theorem, Shimei, check it out. Your pastor's favorite paradox, resolved over 50 years ago, but then again ... nobody said he was the sharpest crayon in the box.

Wow, that would almost warrant a call into the show. But the truth is, that won't happen.

fool

Hall of Fame
Knight said:
:doh: Dude... don't be an idot.

What would you think if a caller to Bob's radio show posed a question to me? How do you think Bob would respond? He would say.... "why don't you ask Knight on his website www.theologyonline.com" And of course that would be the reasonable response.
Bob has answered questions,
retracted statements,
and linked people to this web site thru his own
seems like a decent place to answer questions about a program on his web site
and by the way
I'm a fool
not an "idot"

Status
Not open for further replies.