Is Enyart worshipped like Jesus

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
beanieboy said:
So, you take Bob's definitions over Websters and most people's standard of what the word means, and then let the new definitions color what Christ says.

Interersting.
Poly? Another example.
It disagrees with most people's definition of the word, and Websters, and changes the meaning, and then is believed as Truth. And there is a continued use of Bob and I think...
Most of what is said is Bob, and Clete simply dittos it.

One would think they would be closer reflecting on what God says, rather than on what Bob says God says...
If I am correct we are talking about Bob Enyart’s use of the word nice in his own writings. It would therefore stand to reason that Enyart not Webster would be the authority on what Enyart meant by the word.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Clete said:
Sometimes the most loving thing you could possibly do is to call someone a slut, for example. That is, as long as it is the truth. Calling someone a slut or a whore just for the sake of getting some frustration off your chest is a hurtful and wrong thing to do, but if some girl is sleeping around and going to clubs to pick up guys or to be picked up by guys, then she is a slut and needs to be told so. It only harms her further to be nice and try to be her friend and do "lifestyle evangelism". That sort of crap doesn't work and it's not Biblical.
The law is a tutor to bring people to Christ. It is the conviction that the law brings in the heart of the sinner that communicates to them their need for forgiveness; their need for a savior. The most loving thing to do for sinners is to communicate judgment and guilt to them via the law. That's what the law if for, that's what Jesus did and that's what we should do also. It isn't nice, but it is kind and loving. Most people would say that it is hate, and in important ways it is just that, but it is also love because you do hate them in hopes that they will repent because your hatred told them that there was something wrong with them and they will therefore not spend eternity in Hell.
They do not, by the way, usually repent while the person who hates them is sticking around. That harvest is for someone else to reap other than the one who sowed the seed of guilt and conviction in the heart of the sinner. There are exceptions to this but not many at all.
Powerful example, dead on!

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
The Edge said:
This is the very verse that derails the Enyartian attitude of "holier than thou"
If Enyart has a "holier than thou" attitude then please explain why he promotes THIS video in which he publicly confesses his worst sins he has committed since becoming a Christian. Have you ever done anything like that Edge? Or are you too holier than thou to ever do such a thing?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Jefferson said:
If Enyart has a "holier than thou" attitude then please explain why he promotes THIS video in which he publicly confesses his worst sins he has committed since becoming a Christian. Have you ever done anything like that Edge? Or are you too holier than thou to ever do such a thing?

What an outragiously terrific post! :BRAVO:

:blabla: "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Jefferson again." :blabla:

It's a terrific video too!

Last edited:

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Clete said:
What an outragiously terrific post! :BRAVO:

:blabla: "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Jefferson again." :blabla:

It's a terrific video too!
Clete, I rep'd Bob for you for this. I know your post says "Jefferson", but you know we only rep Bob for all the good posts. After all, we are nothing but clones; only Bob is the original and all our thoughts flow from his almighty mind.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
justchristian said:
No, not my true self - not as God intended me.
Good. And I don't hate myself, as God intended me [who He has made me], either.

But I suppose you could say I hate my sin, I hate the choices I made - I hate "the beast in me"(any martin sexton fans?).
Good. I hate that of myself, as well.

But no, I don't know what you mean when you say hate yourself but I expect you'll twist it to actually say love in a round about way just to avoid restating or retracting what you said.
No, I truly mean hate. I do not mean "to love less." I mean hate. As in, abhor. I abhor who I am apart from Christ. I abhor the sinful man I am. Of course, that is the only way to love who I am in Christ. Because if I love the old me, then I cannot love the new me.

And you didnt answer my question but I trust you'll get to that.
Which question was that?

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
Jefferson said:
I didn't say Bob is holier than thou. Some of his followers are. I'd publically confess my sins anyday.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Yorzhik said:
Clete, I rep'd Bob for you for this. I know your post says "Jefferson", but you know we only rep Bob for all the good posts. After all, we are nothing but clones; only Bob is the original and all our thoughts flow from his almighty mind.
:thumb:

Yes, of course! Thank you for reminding me!

Perhaps I should pray and ask Bob to help me not to think so independently if him next time!

:bow: Bob Enyart :bow:

:chuckle:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
The Edge said:
I didn't say Bob is holier than thou. Some of his followers are. I'd publically confess my sins anyday.

I think this post shows that this thread has been at least somewhat productive. It is now only "some of his followers" who are "holier than thou". That's progress! Now if we could only get a definition of what "holier than thou" means and who the "some of his followers" are perhaps we could put this to rest once and for all.

Could you clarify for us Edge? Which of his followers are holier than thou and in what way? If you have any specific examples that would be terrific.
Also, do you believe Bob Enyart to be responsible if his teachings are taken and twisted and perverted into something other than what he intended, or is it that you think that it is his teachings themselves that engender such abuses as a "holier than thou" attitudes amongst his followers? Or, is it possible that you simply do not understand what he teaches or what "some of his followers" are doing or why they are doing it and therefore interpret their attitudes incorrectly? Is that at all possible?

Resting in Him,
Clete

Crow

Yorzhik said:

Hey, how come I never got that memo? :mad:

*rushes off to rep Bob*

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
deardelmar said:
If I am correct we are talking about Bob Enyart’s use of the word nice in his own writings. It would therefore stand to reason that Enyart not Webster would be the authority on what Enyart meant by the word.

I think my Bible is broken. I looked up the word "nice" and this is what I got:

No results found.
No results were found for nice in the version(s):New King James Version.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Shimei said:
I think my Bible is broken. I looked up the word "nice" and this is what I got:

No results found.
No results were found for nice in the version(s):New King James Version.

I found it!

John 13:34
A new commandment I give to you, that you be nice to one another; as I have been nice to you, that you also be nice to one another.

Oh!
Umm...
Wait a minute. That's not it is it?
Yeah, yeah, I messed up! This is how it should be...

A new SUGGECTION I give to you, that you be nice to one another; as I have been nice to you, that you also be nice to one another.

See! I knew that first way was too harsh! Shew! I'm sure glad I caught that! Someone might have gotten offended! :shocked:

Resting in Him,
Clete

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I think this is my favorite of all the threads I have started.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Clete said:
I think this post shows that this thread has been at least somewhat productive. It is now only "some of his followers" who are "holier than thou". That's progress! Now if we could only get a definition of what "holier than thou" means and who the "some of his followers" are perhaps we could put this to rest once and for all.

Could you clarify for us Edge? Which of his followers are holier than thou and in what way? If you have any specific examples that would be terrific.
Also, do you believe Bob Enyart to be responsible if his teachings are taken and twisted and perverted into something other than what he intended, or is it that you think that it is his teachings themselves that engender such abuses as a "holier than thou" attitudes amongst his followers? Or, is it possible that you simply do not understand what he teaches or what "some of his followers" are doing or why they are doing it and therefore interpret their attitudes incorrectly? Is that at all possible?

Resting in Him,
Clete

logos_x

Clete said:
I found it!

A new commandment I give to you, that you be nice to one another; as I have been nice to you, that you also be nice to one another.

Oh!
Umm...
Wait a minute. That's not it is it?
Yeah, yeah, I messed up! This is how it should be...

A new SUGGECTION I give to you, that you be nice to one another; as I have been nice to you, that you also be nice to one another.

See! I knew that first way was too harsh! Shew! I'm sure glad I caught that! Someone might have gotten offended! :shocked:

Resting in Him,
Clete

:thumb:

Have you ever read Wild at Heart: Discovering the Secret of a Man's Soul by John Eldredge.
Awesome book!