a case against Enyart's "Nicer than God"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
beanieboy said:
I have come to discuss religion and examine people's beliefs, not to sign on to any one in particular. I have asked what the point is of TOL, and that was the understanding that I was given, not that I had an "obligation to buy."
So... are you conceding that what I said is accurate?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Edge said:
Beanieboy, if you want someone to show you Christ, then you won't find it here. That's not what the Enyartians seem to care about.
Edge... you just don't get it do you?

Nobody cares if you like Bob Enyart or not! I for one couldn't care less. If you want to hate Bob Enyart - fine, have at it!

Yet... if you are going to criticize someone at least have an accurate criticism so that we can honestly debate the issue, don't intentionally misrepresent what another person believes just so you can attempt to make that person look bad.

You have carelessly criticized Bob (and others) in a unfair and dishonest way time and time again. Because of this you have a reputation of being dishonest and untrustworthy, your criticisms cannot be taken seriously because they are built on your dishonest statements and assertions.

taoist

It's a true story, too. The moral's not supposed to be deep, merely clear, which is just as well, considering the environment.

beanieboy

Knight said:
Whoa... that's deep. :rolleyes:

It is, actually.

If you are going to have a theology discussion board, you are going to have people with differing views. It shouldn't surprise anyone.

If you want to have a christians only board, which seems valid, make it that.
But don't claim to be an open forum, then get surprised when the "biker" shows up with a different POV.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
beanieboy said:
It is, actually.

If you are going to have a theology discussion board, you are going to have people with differing views.

You don't say! :duh:

But don't claim to be an open forum, then get surprised when the "biker" shows up with a different POV.

Are you really that dense? Who around here is surprised by members with different points of view? I think it's been expected since day one of TOL. If Knight wanted a forum where only Christians posted why aren't all the non-Christians banned? :freak:

It's really low when you have to imply things that are obviously not true in order to make others look bad and you look good. :loser:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
beanieboy said:
It is, actually.

If you are going to have a theology discussion board, you are going to have people with differing views. It shouldn't surprise anyone.

TOL has never made a claim to be fair.

We hold all the cards and we like it that way.

There are a millions "fair" websites out there. If your looking for "fair" your at the wrong website.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Poly said:
Are you really that dense? Who around here is surprised by members with different points of view? I think it's been expected since day one of TOL. If Knight wanted a forum where only Christians posted why aren't all the non-Christians banned? :freak:
:chuckle:

beanieboy

Poly said:
You don't say! :duh:

It's really low when you have to imply things that are obviously not true in order to make others look bad and you look good. :loser:

If you understand than nonchristians come here, why are you so hostile toward them? Why are you surprised when people have the same faith in something else that you claim to have for Christianity?

drbrumley

Beanie, It is not the same faith others have. A muslin or Buddist do not have the same faith as christians do.

beanieboy

Knight said:
TOL has never made a claim to be fair.

We hold all the cards and we like it that way.

There are a millions "fair" websites out there. If your looking for "fair" your at the wrong website.

I'm ok with that.
Your place, your rules.

And it has actually help to grow, and become stronger, learning how to deal with anger from others, to learn to love people who are my enemy, to bless those who curse.

so, thanks Knight.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
beanieboy said:
If you understand than nonchristians come here, why are you so hostile toward them? Why are you surprised when people have the same faith in something else that you claim to have for Christianity?
Who is?

The only time harshness is in order is when some guy claims he likes to have sex with other men or when some knucklehead claims that god is the poo in his toilet - and stuff like that.

beanieboy

drbrumley said:
Beanie, It is not the same faith others have. A muslin or Buddist do not have the same faith as christians do.

I taught Muslims English for a year. Their faith is the strongest I have seen. They pray 5 times a day, fast during Ramadon, and take their religious holidays and beliefs very seriously.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
beanieboy said:
I'm ok with that.
Your place, your rules.

And it has actually help to grow, and become stronger, learning how to deal with anger from others, to learn to love people who are my enemy, to bless those who curse.

so, thanks Knight.
Your welcome.

However, I think you give yourself a bit too much credit. I don't think people are angry with you - at least not that I can tell. It seems to me that people are sickened by you or possibly pity you for your dirty lifestyle. None of this qualifies as anger.

drbrumley

beanieboy said:
I taught Muslims English for a year. Their faith is the strongest I have seen. They pray 5 times a day, fast during Ramadon, and take their religious holidays and beliefs very seriously. Muslims are far more strict in their actions, in order to obey Allah and Mohammed.

Irrelevant!!!!!!!!Muslims worship Allah NOT BECAUSE they have a personnal relationship with the demon. They follow a book is all, A book that has been borrowed heavily from the Jews.

drbrumley

Knight said:
Your welcome.

However, I think you give yourself a bit too much credit. I don't think people are angry with you - at least not that I can tell. It seems to me that people are sickened by you or possibly pity you for your dirty lifestyle. None of this qualifies as anger.
Rep points. Good job.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
beanieboy said:
If you understand than nonchristians come here, why are you so hostile toward them?
Because some of them are idiots, losers and homos. We understand that they come here and we also understand that we will be hostile to them.
Why are you surprised when people have the same faith in something else that you claim to have for Christianity?

Beanie, listen up. I'm gonna go real slow like for ya, k?

I AM NOT nor have I EVER BEEN surprised at this.

Btw, you don't have the same faith as I do.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
beanieboy said:
Yes. But it is in conflict with those who seem angered that I haven't converted.
Well, you have a reputation for pretending like you're seeking the Truth when you want to play the victim, and a lot of people see right through it. (One example)

But at least you've dropped that pretense (for now). :up:

beanieboy

Turbo said:
Well, you have a reputation for pretending like you're seeking the Truth when you want to play the victim, and a lot of people see right through it. (One example)

But at least you've dropped that pretense (for now). :up:

Nineveh acts in according to the bible?

As for me, I was acting in according to Buddhist belief, to return curse with blessing.
I will keep my opinion of Nineveh's actions and words to myself, and allow for you to correct or ignore questionable statements, language, and the like. That is for christians to do for other christians, as was pointed out by a christian, and my belief is to respect that request.

Status
Not open for further replies.