Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Wow! it's been a year and a half since I've posted an avatar here. I'd better get caught up.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I used these in around February to April 2004. This Spidey avatar was my first animated avatar, and I liked it a lot. It's based on the Capcom Street Fighter-style Marvel game.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Fellowship Week 2004. I started using a different logo here. I had lifted the old one from a banner ad for turbo magazine, but I didn't remember what the ad was for at the time. I just grabbed the "turbo" ad to use for an AIM buddy icon back around 1999 that I later used for my first avatar here (the one with the Autobot logo).

The new logo is made using a Transformers font.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Knight said:
Here are some of my previous avatars . . .
I think I like this one best.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This is my favorite "Turbo" avatar.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Back-to-back thumbs-up avatars! Dr. Mario is one of my favorites.

I had use a picture of that Spider-Man bust from a different angle about a year earlier.

The last one is a picture of me and the Sibbie. Ain't she a cutie?

Last edited:

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I had made the Count a while earlier, but I uploaded him for October 2005 after I saw Knight's hilarious Frankenberry avatar. Then I started a thread to encourage other people to make "Octobatars" and of course that led to debates about Halloween.

Dangersque has a little subtle animation, but he only got about two weeks of play because Lighthouse had a superhero avatar contest that prompted me to change it.

I had actually made the Batman one (and the Superman one) back when I was making all those Alex Ross avatars that newbies get to use. I had to update it with the newer logo though. While I was using Batman I got my Mac, so I was kind of stuck with it until I bought Photoshop and got familiar with it.

Eventually I switched to Durante... something a little different. I like how the semi-grey logo turned out. I only used the old-man Durante for like one day at the beginning of fellowship week. (I had made these a while back on my old computer.)

Last edited:

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Freak said:
Does anyone remember my infamous ones, from several years ago?
When I started posting here in spring '03, you had an animated biting cartoony dinosaur.

Then Knight made you one of the old priest from The Exorcist.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Turbo said:
When I started posting here in spring '03, you had an animated biting cartoony dinosaur.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that one. That was pretty good.

I wish more members would post their old ones. I like seeing retro TOL stuff.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I had made the Al Borland avatar for Fellowship Week 2004, but I ended up using Charles Ingalls. So I used him for FW05, but then I was stuck with him for a while until I finally got everything situated with my new computer (learning Photoshop, converting the Turbo logo, etc.). Boy did I get sick of this one!

I found a cool picture/video capture application called Snapz X Pro that let me get that Uncle Rico footage from the Napoleon Dynamite DVD. Once I got the hang of Photoshop/Image Ready, I found that it was much easier to manipulate animation than my old Corel Photopaint 8.0. I had a lot more headaches making that animated Spidey avatar.

Last edited:

Freak

Turbo said:

:party: :thumb:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Turbo said:

Did it look like this????

Last edited:

Wamba

`
LIFETIME MEMBER
[Barney Music] I hate you, you hate me, lets team up and kill Barney. With a knife in his back and a bullet in his head, aren't you glad that Barney's dead? [/Barney Music]

Crow

Wamba the Fool said:
[Barney Music] I hate you, you hate me, lets team up and kill Barney. With a knife in his back and a bullet in his head, aren't you glad that Barney's dead? [/Barney Music]
"I hate you, you hate me,
We're a dysfunctional family.
With a .357 and a bullet to the head,
We'll make Barney good and dead."​