Page 7 of 92 FirstFirst ... 456789101757 ... LastLast

Thread: HOW TO GET TO HEAVEN WHEN YOU DIE

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jeneve View Post
    I have been to many types of churches. Catholic, SDA, Jehovah Witnesses, Baptist, etc...
    Interesting. Half of the "churches" you list don't even qualify as Christian groups. This is telling.

...and have been taught many different ways. So then I turned to the bible itself, and learned what it really says. The bible is the only source from which I draw my beliefs.
    Yes, you turned to the Bible, which you then proceeded to interpret through the lens of your preferred Protestant doctrinal sources. This is true whether you're aware of having done so or not. An individual brings all that he's experienced, all that he's read, heard, or seen, all of the sermons, articles, or conversations that he's encountered---all of these sources of information---to the task of interpreting the Bible. Bottom line: The Bible is not interpreted in a vacuum.

This is why tens-of-thousands of Protestant sects can "turn to the Bible" just like you, and yet come up with scores of different and competing interpretations of the very same texts. It all depends upon which doctrinal traditions are chosen and permitted to inform one's interpretations.

You did NOT post any verses yourself. What you did was get material that someone else wrote and post it, rather than going to the bible and look up the verses for yourself and posting them.
    What substantive difference does it make, since they're exactly the same verses? I posted two sources that accurately reflect my own point of view, and those sources contain the biblical texts that I would have offered had I written the articles myself. You'd do better to stop whining and simply read the material that was posted. But you'd rather quibble childishly over irrelevancies. Hmm...wonder why that is...

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
    +T+
    "The very tradition, teaching, & faith of the Catholic Church from the beginning was preached by the Apostles & preserved by the Fathers. On this the Church was founded..." ~ St. Athanasius (4th cent.)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,758 Times in 1,265 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Reality, always present........

~*~*~

So far seems like a lot of childish bickering not even germane to the subject here. These egoic obsessions really just go in circles. Soul-sleep is an interesting subject. Remember though that apart from some true inner knowing within your own being, about 'God', 'reality', 'existence'.....all there are....are points of view. Assuming these points of 'belief', 'dogma', 'opinion' are actual truths....is senseless, although they may be probable or logically concluded. They are still 'relative perspectives'. One does not have to strain their religious ego by defending them, - just viewpoints....remember that

The truth of existence is unviersally consisent and real NOW....as this Life that is now Being. This Being and Consciousness that I AM is already eternally whole. - one can throw ontop of this all manner of theological assmuption, indoctrination, images, concepts, etc....but the one reality that I Am remains. I can love and live from reality...because it is my true nature, and the true nature of all. It is Love itself.

The same laws of this eternal Presence, however an individual mind modifies such in space or time...remains universally consistent. Therefore, your experience of 'heaven' or 'hell' will be appropriated according to the receptivity or obscuration of your 'mind' to the presence of 'God'. - in this dimension or any world beyond. Heaven is at hand, NOW. One can see this ...or not see this. The One Presence can never be absesnt from ItSelf...since it is already all.

pj

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruciform View Post
    Interesting. Half of the "churches" you list don't even qualify as Christian groups. This is telling.

Yes, you turned to the Bible, which you then proceeded to interpret through the lens of your preferred Protestant doctrinal sources. This is true whether you're aware of having done so or not. An individual brings all that he's experienced, all that he's read, heard, or seen, all of the sermons, articles, or conversations that he's encountered---all of these sources of information---to the task of interpreting the Bible. Bottom line: The Bible is not interpreted in a vacuum.

This is why tens-of-thousands of Protestant sects can "turn to the Bible" just like you, and yet come up with scores of different and competing interpretations of the very same texts. It all depends upon which doctrinal traditions are chosen and permitted to inform one's interpretations.

What substantive difference does it make, since they're exactly the same verses? I posted two sources that accurately reflect my own point of view, and those sources contain the biblical texts that I would have offered had I written the articles myself. You'd do better to stop whining and simply read the material that was posted. But you'd rather quibble childishly over irrelevancies. Hmm...wonder why that is...

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
    +T+
    I guess one of those groups that dont qualify as Christian is Catholic, so you are right on that.

The fact that you decide to call me Protestant simply shows how ignorant and blind you really are. Go do your whining somewhere else.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess one of those groups that dont qualify as Christian is Catholic, so you are right on that.
    Try again.

The fact that you decide to call me Protestant simply shows how ignorant and blind you really are.
    "Protestant," as in "anti-Catholic." The shoe fits, so you'll just have to wear it.

Go do your whining somewhere else.
    No surprise that you now resort to nothing but ad hominem rhetoric, since you clearly have no genuine argument---let alone refutation---to offer in answer to my statements. Moving on...

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
    +T+
    "The very tradition, teaching, & faith of the Catholic Church from the beginning was preached by the Apostles & preserved by the Fathers. On this the Church was founded..." ~ St. Athanasius (4th cent.)

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try again.

"Protestant," as in "anti-Catholic." The shoe fits, so you'll just have to wear it.

No surprise that you now resort to nothing but ad hominem rhetoric, since you clearly have no genuine argument---let alone refutation---to offer in answer to my statements. Moving on...

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
    +T+
    no refutation to what statements? you haven't made any. You just let others do the talking for you. And being Catholic is as far from being a Christian as you can get. No need to try again.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no refutation to what statements? you haven't made any. You just let others do the talking for you.
    The statements in Post #91, for example, genius. Try to keep up.

And being Catholic is as far from being a Christian as you can get.
    So, then, your claim is that there were no Christians until the 16th-century Protestant reformation, is that it? Brilliant.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
    +T+

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The statements in Post #91, for example, genius. Try to keep up.

So, then, your claim is that there were no Christians until the 16th-century Protestant reformation, is that it? Brilliant.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
    +T+
    Oh yes, there were Christians before then. My claim is they weren't Catholic, and never have been.

And in post 91, that's just you posting what someone else says.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [FONT="Georgia"]
    [FONT="Georgia"]So, then, your claim is that there were no Christians until the 16th-century Protestant reformation, is that it? Brilliant.
    Yes there were many Christians but your church tried to kill them all. Lucky they did not attane their goal. The TRUE church will never be wiped out. But the RCC will.
    Babylon is falling, get out or her before it is to late.
    Psalm 1[/COLOR] and Job 28:28

Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Joh 4:23 "But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers.

I love the God of my Lord Jesus Christ

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yes, there were Christians before then. My claim is they weren't Catholic, and never have been.
    Sorry, but it's back to Church History 101 for you.

And in post 91, that's just you posting what someone else says.
    ...and with which I agree completely.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
    +T+

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by keypurr View Post
    Yes there were many Christians but your church tried to kill them all. Lucky they did not attane their goal. The TRUE church will never be wiped out. But the RCC will. Babylon is falling, get out or her before it is to late.
    >sigh<... Post #99 applies to you as well.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
    +T+

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by keypurr View Post
    Yes there were many Christians but your church tried to kill them all. Lucky they did not attane their goal. The TRUE church will never be wiped out. But the RCC will.
    Babylon is falling, get out or her before it is to late.
    very good Keypurr. And the beast rears its ugly head... Too bad many dont realize this is gonna happen again. Very soon.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ummmmmm, you guys do know that Heaven (and Hell) is a man made (imagined) place, right? Come on, that many adults can't be that gullible......sheeeeeeesh

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

very good Keypurr. And the beast rears its ugly head... Too bad many dont realize this is gonna happen again. Very soon.
    ...AND we're back to Post #99.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
    +T+

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...AND we're back to Post #99.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
    +T+
    here we go round the mulberry bush.. your post 99 says and means nothing

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pqmomba8 View Post
    Ummmmmm, you guys do know that Heaven (and Hell) is a man made (imagined) place, right? Come on, that many adults can't be that gullible......sheeeeeeesh
    you got that right..

Thread Information