Thread: HOW TO GET TO HEAVEN WHEN YOU DIE

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruciform View Post
    • who are you talking to? (If you don't use the 'quote' button, no one knows who you're addressing.)
    • to what "story" are you referring, specifically...?

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
    +T+
    who else other than you would I be addressing? no one else here. and as to the story, I mean all that nonsense you tried to palm off as fact. You need to get your facts from the bible itself, not from some twisted version someone spoon feeds you.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeneve View Post
    who else other than you would I be addressing? no one else here. and as to the story, I mean all that nonsense you tried to palm off as fact. You need to get your facts from the bible itself, not from some twisted version someone spoon feeds you.
    He falls for anything the church tells him,
    Psalm 1[/COLOR] and Job 28:28

Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Joh 4:23 "But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers.

I love the God of my Lord Jesus Christ

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you
    Oh, thank you. You made me feel young again.
    Psalm 1[/COLOR] and Job 28:28

Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Joh 4:23 "But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers.

I love the God of my Lord Jesus Christ

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

who else other than you would I be addressing?
    Who would know? There are lots of people on this thread.

no one else here.
    Have you even read this thread...?

...and as to the story, I mean all that nonsense you tried to palm off as fact.
    Your wholly non-authoritative and non-binding opinion is noted.

You need to get your facts from the bible itself...
    "...from the Bible" as authoritatively and bindingly interpreted by whom, exactly? By you, or by Christ's historic Church?

...not from some twisted version someone spoon feeds you.
    Sorry, but I'll take the authoritative teachings of Christ's historic Church over your opinions and preferences any day.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
    +T+
    "The very tradition, teaching, & faith of the Catholic Church from the beginning was preached by the Apostles & preserved by the Fathers. On this the Church was founded..." ~ St. Athanasius (4th cent.)

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by keypurr View Post
    He falls for anything the church tells him,
    ...just like Christians did in the 1st-century Apostolic Period (Lk. 10:16; 1 Jn. 4:6). Where did you ever get the notion that believers are free to deny or reject the authoritative teachings of Christ's own historic Church?

(It's okay. keypurr's just frustrated that no one is falling for anything that keypurr tells them... )

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
    +T+
    "The very tradition, teaching, & faith of the Catholic Church from the beginning was preached by the Apostles & preserved by the Fathers. On this the Church was founded..." ~ St. Athanasius (4th cent.)

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who would know? There are lots of people on this thread.

Have you even read this thread...?

Your wholly non-authoritative and non-binding opinion is noted.

"...from the Bible" as authoritatively and bindingly interpreted by whom, exactly? By you, or by Christ's historic Church?

Sorry, but I'll take the authoritative teachings of Christ's historic Church over your opinions and preferences any day.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
    +T+
    seeing as to how my source comes directly from the bible, and yours doesn't, it really doesn't matter. My facts come from God. how about yours?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,760 Times in 1,267 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Infinite Love.....

Hi Cruce and all,

We've taken on 'soul sleep' elsewhere, its a fascinating subject, the eschatology of the soul, etc. I may look for an older thread on this, for it deserves its own space to continue with. I usually reject the option of 'eternal conscious torment' , and explored 'annihilation' or 'universal salvation' as more tenable options within Christian theological perspectives,...but various dimensions and possibilities exist in each catagory.

Liberally I usually assume a more spiritualist view, that all souls as long as they are consciously alive, and have the capacity to change their minds (repent, change, transform themselves) can continue to prosper...that infinite Love is ever available to inspire and guide souls in eternal progress and fulfillment of purpose.

pj

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

seeing as to how my source comes directly from the bible, and yours doesn't, it really doesn't matter.
    Please re-post your supposed biblical "source" from Post #61, the initial post to which I responded. Thanks.

My facts come from God. how about yours?
    Same. (Uh-ohhh...now what do you do?)

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
    +T+

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please re-post your supposed biblical "source" from Post #61, the initial post to which I responded. Thanks.

Same. (Uh-ohhh...now what do you do?)

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
    +T+
    your posts do not come from God. they come from what someone else says. which is why you only posted sources, not verses. and my verses are in post 67.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

your posts do not come from God. they come from what someone else says.
    ...just as yours come from what someone else has told you. (You didn't really imagine that you came up with your beliefs on your own, did you...? )

...and my verses are in post 67.
    Mine are in Post #62.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
    +T+

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...just as yours come from what someone else has told you. (You didn't really imagine that you came up with your beliefs on your own, did you...? )

Mine are in Post #62.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
    +T+
    yes, I came up with my beliefs on my own. while it is true that I was told a certain thing, I always looked up the truth for myself, and didnt believe what I was told until it was proven in the bible to be true. I think for myself.

and your verses arent in any posts, just a source from someone else.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, I came up with my beliefs on my own.
    No you didn't, nor does anyone else in the world. You derive your ideas and beliefs from sources outside of yourself, just like everyone else. In other words, you must learn them. You choose how to put those ideas and beliefs together to form a belief system, but you must first get those ideas and beliefs from sources that exist outside of yourself. My statement therefore stands as posted.

...and your verses arent in any posts, just a source from someone else.
    ...sources which are filled with biblical texts and arguments. Sorry, but your excuse that I supposedly "didn't post any verses" is a straightforward falsehood. They're right there in the sources I cited. Whether or not you decide to take advantage of them is another matter entirely.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
    +T+

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Persephone66 View Post
    Hate to be the one to break it to you, but when you die, that's it. It's over. Nothing after.

So make the most of your time here.

I just wonder, that is there after life!? Many claim there is heaven and hell but what is the truth about it. All this pictures about Jesus, have anyone ever seen Him and draw a perfect replica of His face.

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No you didn't, nor does anyone else in the world. You derive your ideas and beliefs from sources outside of yourself, just like everyone else. In other words, you must learn them. You choose how to put those ideas and beliefs together to form a belief system, but you must first get those ideas and beliefs from sources that exist outside of yourself. My statement therefore stands as posted.

...sources which are filled with biblical texts and arguments. Sorry, but your excuse that I supposedly "didn't post any verses" is a straightforward falsehood. They're right there in the sources I cited. Whether or not you decide to take advantage of them is another matter entirely.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
    +T+
    I have been to many types of churches. Catholic, SDA, Jehovah Witnesses, Baptist, etc. and have been taught many different ways. So then I turned to the bible itself, and learned what it really says. The bible is the only source from which I draw my beliefs.

And I do not lie. I am here for truth, not games. You did NOT post any verses yourself. What you did was get material that someone else wrote and post it, rather than going to the bible and look up the verses for yourself and posting them. My statement therefore stands as posted.

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AmarBadz View Post
    I just wonder, that is there after life!? Many claim there is heaven and hell but what is the truth about it. All this pictures about Jesus, have anyone ever seen Him and draw a perfect replica of His face.
    no one has ever drawn a perfect replica of Christ. If they have, it has either been destroyed or lost. All the supposed pictures you see of "Christ" are either pictures of white men, or they have long hair. Christ was neither white nor did He have long hair, so the pictures are false.

Thread Information