User Tag List

Page 5 of 92 FirstFirst ... 23456781555 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 1367

Thread: HOW TO GET TO HEAVEN WHEN YOU DIE

  1. #61
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    55
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by Chandler View Post
    I am 100% sure that I would not go to heaven if I died today. Rather, I would look forward to spending eternity on earth.

    Jesus said the meek will inherit the earth (Matthew 5:5) quoting Psalms 37:10-11. And Psalms 37:29 adds: "and will dwell therein forever."
    amen to this! humans do NOT go to heaven or hell when they die. they are dead until the resurrection. It is at this point that we will be judged

  2. #62
    Over 5000 post club Cruciform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Michigan, USA.
    Posts
    5,364
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 143 Times in 134 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    27968

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by jeneve View Post
    amen to this! humans do NOT go to heaven or hell when they die. they are dead until the resurrection.
    ...or not:



    Gaudium de veritate,

    Cruciform
    +T+
    "The very tradition, teaching, & faith of the Catholic Church from the beginning was preached by the Apostles & preserved by the Fathers. On this the Church was founded..." ~ St. Athanasius (4th cent.)

  3. #63
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    55
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruciform View Post
    ...or not:

    never said anything about soul sleep. learn to read please. and to expand on your thoughts without using links. explain yourself in YOUR words, not someone else's

    Gaudium de veritate,

    Cruciform
    +T+

  4. #64
    Over 5000 post club Cruciform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Michigan, USA.
    Posts
    5,364
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 143 Times in 134 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    27968

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by jeneve View Post
    never said anything about soul sleep.
    Close enough, theologically speaking.

    learn to read please.
    Learn the difference between an ad hominem barb and an actual argument.

    ...and to expand on your thoughts without using links. explain yourself in YOUR words, not someone else's.
    Unfortunately, you don't possess the authority to dictate to other members of TOL the structure and content of their posts. Sorry for your confusion.



    Gaudium de veritate,

    Cruciform
    +T+
    "The very tradition, teaching, & faith of the Catholic Church from the beginning was preached by the Apostles & preserved by the Fathers. On this the Church was founded..." ~ St. Athanasius (4th cent.)

  5. #65
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    55
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruciform View Post
    Close enough, theologically speaking.


    Learn the difference between an ad hominem barb and an actual argument.


    Unfortunately, you don't possess the authority to dictate to other members of TOL the structure and content of their posts. Sorry for your confusion.



    Gaudium de veritate,

    Cruciform
    +T+
    no confusion here. except you dont seem to have the knowlegde to carry on a meaningful debate. let me know when you get better at it

  6. #66
    Over 5000 post club Cruciform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Michigan, USA.
    Posts
    5,364
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 143 Times in 134 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    27968

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by jeneve View Post
    no confusion here. except you dont seem to have the knowlegde to carry on a meaningful debate. let me know when you get better at it
    What "debate"? You posted your claims in Post #61 without any supporting documentary proof whatsoever. I simply responded in kind. (In fact, unlike yourself, I actually provided some source material.) And now here you are trying to back me off with nothing but emotive ad hominem rhetoric. Sorry, not impressed. As you wrote: let me know when you get better at it.



    Gaudium de veritate,

    Cruciform
    +T+
    "The very tradition, teaching, & faith of the Catholic Church from the beginning was preached by the Apostles & preserved by the Fathers. On this the Church was founded..." ~ St. Athanasius (4th cent.)

  7. #67
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    55
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruciform View Post
    What "debate"? You posted your claims in Post #61 without any supporting documentary proof whatsoever. I simply responded in kind. (In fact, unlike yourself, I actually provided some source material.) And now here you are trying to back me off with nothing but emotive ad hominem rhetoric. Sorry, not impressed. As you wrote: let me know when you get better at it.



    Gaudium de veritate,

    Cruciform
    +T+
    you provided sources not from the bible. therefore your points are invalid. not trying to get you to back off, just know a little more about the discussion.

    The soul that sins shall DIE.
    For the dead know nothing.
    Who in the grave shall give you thanks?
    For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing.
    For God so loved the world, that He sent His only begotten Son, that whosever believes in Him shall not PERISH, but shall have ETERNAL LIFE.

    so you see, we do not go to heaven or hell, but are dead. Knowing nothing until the resurrection.

  8. #68
    TOL Legend keypurr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    8,114
    Thanks
    82
    Thanked 601 Times in 503 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    133647
    Quote Originally Posted by jeneve View Post
    you provided sources not from the bible. therefore your points are invalid. not trying to get you to back off, just know a little more about the discussion.

    The soul that sins shall DIE.
    For the dead know nothing.
    Who in the grave shall give you thanks?
    For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing.
    For God so loved the world, that He sent His only begotten Son, that whosever believes in Him shall not PERISH, but shall have ETERNAL LIFE.

    so you see, we do not go to heaven or hell, but are dead. Knowing nothing until the resurrection.
    You have truth my friend. Most do not wish to accept that.
    Psalm 1[/COLOR] and Job 28:28

    Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

    Joh 4:23 "But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers.

    I love the God of my Lord Jesus Christ

  9. #69
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    55
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by keypurr View Post
    You have truth my friend. Most do not wish to accept that.
    thank you

  10. #70
    Over 5000 post club Cruciform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Michigan, USA.
    Posts
    5,364
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 143 Times in 134 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    27968

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by jeneve View Post
    you provided sources not from the bible.
    You provided neither. In any case, the sources I did provide are filled with biblical texts and arguments, so your excuse simply falls flat.

    The soul that sins shall DIE.
    For the dead know nothing.
    Who in the grave shall give you thanks?
    For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing.
    For God so loved the world, that He sent His only begotten Son, that whosever believes in Him shall not PERISH, but shall have ETERNAL LIFE.

    so you see, we do not go to heaven or hell, but are dead. Knowing nothing until the resurrection.
    Already answered in the material cited in my earlier post.



    Gaudium de veritate,

    Cruciform
    +T+
    "The very tradition, teaching, & faith of the Catholic Church from the beginning was preached by the Apostles & preserved by the Fathers. On this the Church was founded..." ~ St. Athanasius (4th cent.)

  11. #71
    Over 5000 post club Cruciform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Michigan, USA.
    Posts
    5,364
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 143 Times in 134 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    27968

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by keypurr View Post
    You have truth my friend...
    Post #62 above.



    Gaudium de veritate,

    Cruciform
    +T+
    "The very tradition, teaching, & faith of the Catholic Church from the beginning was preached by the Apostles & preserved by the Fathers. On this the Church was founded..." ~ St. Athanasius (4th cent.)

  12. #72
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    55
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruciform View Post
    You provided neither. In any case, the sources I did provide are filled with biblical texts and arguments, so your excuse simply falls flat.


    Already answered in the material cited in my earlier post.



    Gaudium de veritate,

    Cruciform
    +T+
    the material isnt from the bible, you gave no direct quotes from it. so your excuse simply falls flat.

  13. #73
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    55
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    120
    LOL. I just read your "story". it was so full of nonsense as to be laughable. Sorry, but God means EXACTLY what He says. no need to twist the words to fit your beliefs. maybe you should change your beliefs to fit what He says.

  14. #74
    Over 5000 post club Cruciform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Michigan, USA.
    Posts
    5,364
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 143 Times in 134 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    27968

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by jeneve View Post
    the material isnt from the bible, you gave no direct quotes from it.
    Hmm...how much "material" from the Bible and "direct quotations" did you provide in Post #61...? Exactly. In any case, as already observed, the material I cited is filled with biblical texts and arguments. Try again.

    (If you have no substantive answer to the sources I cited, just say so.)



    Gaudium de veritate,

    Cruciform
    +T+
    "The very tradition, teaching, & faith of the Catholic Church from the beginning was preached by the Apostles & preserved by the Fathers. On this the Church was founded..." ~ St. Athanasius (4th cent.)

  15. #75
    Over 5000 post club Cruciform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Michigan, USA.
    Posts
    5,364
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 143 Times in 134 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    27968

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by jeneve View Post
    LOL. I just read your "story". it was so full of nonsense as to be laughable. Sorry, but God means EXACTLY what He says. no need to twist the words to fit your beliefs. maybe you should change your beliefs to fit what He says.
    • who are you talking to? (If you don't use the 'quote' button, no one knows who you're addressing.)
    • to what "story" are you referring, specifically...?





    Gaudium de veritate,

    Cruciform
    +T+
    "The very tradition, teaching, & faith of the Catholic Church from the beginning was preached by the Apostles & preserved by the Fathers. On this the Church was founded..." ~ St. Athanasius (4th cent.)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us