Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
All you have to do is read the posts of some of the Christians here to know they'd definitely go for the gleefully shaming.

I don't see stigmatizing and shaming pregnant women as being pro-life. It's pro-birth. The intent should be to support BOTH the unborn baby and the mom. Healthy babies need healthy mums in order to thrive. Undue emotional stress is harmful to every mother and unborn baby.

drbrumley

If that were the litmus, a lot of people on TOL who claim to be Christian - wouldn't be, based on their posts.

I agree

Shame is a very real driver of abortion, take a look at the article I linked to.

I agree with that too. Shame has a profound impact. But what one must really ask themselves is what would I be ashamed about? That she would have disobeyed God by getting herself into an adulterous relationship and nature caught up with her? That her womb will be bigger for the church to see, (knowing her) she is not wed. God can and does use shame as a way to bring her back if she is a Christian, but butchering the baby is not the answer to shame. Two wrongs do make it right. As far as Christian women getting an abortion goes, as brother adrian rogers has said, "if you can willfully and knowingly sin against the will of God with no conviction, no compunction, and no remorse, you need to get saved. A lot of people say, "Well, I walked down an aisle somewhere, and I got saved. I know I'm just an old backslider now, but I'm still saved and going to heaven."

No, you are not. If you are living that way— high, wide, and handsome—and it does not break your heart, then you do not know the God of the Bible."

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I agree

I agree with that too. Shame has a profound impact.

Glad to see we agree on a couple of things.

But what one must really ask themselves is what would I be ashamed about? That she would have disobeyed God by getting herself into an adulterous relationship and nature caught up with her? That her womb will be bigger for the church to see, (knowing her) she is not wed. God can and does use shame as a way to bring her back if she is a Christian,

but butchering the baby is not the answer to shame. Two wrongs do make it right.

While I agree with you in concept, only a woman shows the physical mark of her sin, the man doesn't. Society has always treated the woman worse than the man when it comes to sexual sin, implicitly letting the man walk away to sow more wild oats in another field while the woman bears the baby and the resulting social ostracism. That doesn't make abortion right, but it makes it understandable.

Women As far as Christian women getting an abortion goes, if you can willfully and knowingly sin against the will of God with no conviction, no compunction, and no remorse, you need to get saved. A lot of people say, "Well, I walked down an aisle somewhere, and I got saved. I know I'm just an old backslider now, but I'm still saved and going to heaven."

No, you are not. If you are living that way— high, wide, and handsome—and it does not break your heart, then you do not know the God of the Bible.

You're contradicting yourself. I bolded your earlier statement that "God can bring her back if she is a Christian."

Arthur Brain

Pointing out that Donald Trump is truly a liberal to his fellow liberals is one of the most difficult pills for them to swallow.

Well, not really, because he isn't. It's only far right conservatives that fawn over the guy as evidenced on here alone. People get labelled as "liberals" and "leftists" if they don't exhibit the same fawning adulation...

You're not gonna win on that one Connie and besides, I thought you were limiting your participation on here to your own pet blog?

drbrumley

Glad to see we agree on a couple of things.

While I agree with you in concept, only a woman shows the physical mark of her sin, the man doesn't. Society has always treated the woman worse than the man when it comes to sexual sin, implicitly letting the man walk away to sow more wild oats in another field while the woman bears the baby and the resulting social ostracism. That doesn't make abortion right, but it makes it understandable.

You're contradicting yourself. I bolded your earlier statement that "God can bring her back if she is a Christian."

There is no contradiction. I never said christian women have never had an abortion. It's when if it doesn't break their heart they did and seek justification for their actions is what I am saying.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
Pointing out that Donald Trump is truly a liberal to his fellow liberals is one of the most difficult pills for them to swallow.

Well, not really, because he isn't. It's only far right conservatives that fawn over the guy as evidenced on here alone. People get labelled as "liberals" and "leftists" if they don't exhibit the same fawning adulation...

Before the world turned totally insane, a politician whose actions supported homosexuality and abortion were considered liberal/Libertarian.

You're not gonna win on that one Connie and besides,

The truth speaks for itself. Those who aren't interested in it aren't my concern.

I thought you were limiting your participation on here to your own pet blog?

I wander out on occasion.

Arthur Brain

Before the world turned totally insane, a politician whose actions supported homosexuality and abortion were considered liberal/Libertarian.

In that case pretty much any politician that doesn't tow your bonkers view is a "liberal", Republican or otherwise. Trump is about as liberal as a conversion therapy centre.

The truth speaks for itself. Those who aren't interested in it aren't my concern.

It sure does. It's the far right that venerate the guy, not moderates or liberals. That much is obvious.

I wander out on occasion.

Well don't wander too far, wouldn't want you to get lost and not find your way home...

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
There is no contradiction. I never said christian women have never had an abortion.

My apologies for misunderstanding, I thought when you said "The fruit gives them away.....no?" that you were agreeing with the posters who were claiming that Christians couldn't get abortions.

It's when if it doesn't break their heart they did and seek justification for their actions is what I am saying.

I can agree with you that many Christian denominations would expect repentance (even as necessary for their salvation), while not denying that the woman was a Christian before during and after.

Could you consider that the abortion rate would be lower if shame wasn't the catalyst for so many Christian women?

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
......Could you consider that the abortion rate would be lower if shame wasn't the catalyst for so many Christian women?

It could also be lower if disgusting ignorant people stopped voting for Democrats and keeping it legal

hqdefault.jpg

drbrumley

My apologies for misunderstanding, I thought when you said "The fruit gives them away.....no?" that you were agreeing with the posters who were claiming that Christians couldn't get abortions.

There's more to it than what they said. I certainly agree that Christin women who get an abortion should be doubted. It's what happens after. The abortion itself was a fruit, but what happens after is just as much a fruit. Like I posted earlier, as brother adrian rogers has said, "if you can willfully and knowingly sin against the will of God with no conviction, no compunction, and no remorse, you need to get saved. A lot of people say, "Well, I walked down an aisle somewhere, and I got saved. I know I'm just an old backslider now, but I'm still saved and going to heaven."

No, you are not. If you are living that way— high, wide, and handsome—and it does not break your heart, then you do not know the God of the Bible."

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

In that case pretty much any politician that doesn't tow your bonkers view is a "liberal", Republican or otherwise. Trump is about as liberal as a conversion therapy centre.

It's unfortunate in this day and age that once conservative politicians (which Donald Trump never was) change their ideology in order to help get them elected.

Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarriorThe truth speaks for itself. Those who aren't interested in it aren't my concern.

It sure does. It's the far right that venerate the guy, not moderates or liberals. That much is obvious.

Democrats and Libertarians crossed Party lines to help get Trump elected (3/4 of TOL identify as Libertarian, you shouldn't have trouble finding one to verify what I've said is true).

If those who call themselves "far right" embrace a President who appoints pro LGBTQ/abortion people in his administration and signs legislation that promotes both, that really doesn't make those people "far right" does it Arthur? (unless you've redefined what "far right" really is).

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
There's more to it than what they said. I certainly agree that Christin women who get an abortion should be doubted. It's what happens after. The abortion itself was a fruit, but what happens after is just as much a fruit. Like I posted earlier, as brother adrian rogers has said, "if you can willfully and knowingly sin against the will of God with no conviction, no compunction, and no remorse, you need to get saved. A lot of people say, "Well, I walked down an aisle somewhere, and I got saved. I know I'm just an old backslider now, but I'm still saved and going to heaven."

Aren't you talking about two things?

-Whether or not a woman can be a Christian while in the act of getting an abortion

-Whether or not a Christian woman who gets an abortion - without repentance - can still attain salvation?

My own upbringing taught that unrepented mortal sin would send me to hell. Other Christians say once you've accepted Christ your salvation is assured (OSAS), and then there are a lot of variations and qualifications in between those two.

But calling into question whether or not a woman was a 'real' Christian? That's what I see as too convenient, too easy to absolve from all culpability those who consider themselves 'real' Christians, allowing them to separate themselves from the 'wasn't a real' Christians.

Arthur Brain

It's unfortunate in this day and age that once conservative politicians (which Donald Trump never was) change their ideology in order to help get them elected.

Dude, no politician would enact laws that would re-criminalize homosexuality so your pet obsession is irrelevant. EVERY politician would fall under the category of "liberal" by your "standard" but in the real world such definitions aren't so narrowly and arbitrarily categorised. Trump is not a "liberal" in any meaningful descriptor.

Democrats and Libertarians crossed Party lines to help get Trump elected (3/4 of TOL identify as Libertarian, you shouldn't have trouble finding one to verify what I've said is true).

You think 75% of TOL identify as libertarian? There's no such number that would identify as "liberal" so this is yet more aCW "I'm the only true conservative on this forum" boasting which means a number multiplied by nought.

If those who call themselves "far right" embrace a President who appoints pro LGBTQ/abortion people in his administration and signs legislation that promotes both, that really doesn't make those people "far right" does it Arthur? (unless you've redefined what "far right" really is).

As above doofus.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
If you vote for abortion politicians you own abortion. All the other blabbing is just so much horse crap. When your time comes, you will know that the blood of the innocents drips from your leftwing freak hands, all of you, and I for one will be glad when you all burn in hell for it

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
If you vote for abortion politicians you own abortion. All the other blabbing is just so much horse crap. When your time comes, you will know that the blood of the innocents drips from your leftwing freak hands, all of you, and I for one will be glad when you all burn in hell for it

Ah... the 'fruits of the spirit' in full blossom... :cloud9: