Why Don't the Liberals Want a Wall?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
To pass a bill which Trump can sign 60 votes are necessary in the Senate. And Trump offered the Dems a good compromise involving DACA but the Dems aren't interested in solving the problem because they are totally dependent on Identity Politics.
I doubt the Democrats would agree with your assessment of the deal. Now back to the 60 business.

They not only had the majority but they had the 60 votes so they could have passed any bill which they wanted. But they are dependent on their Identity Politics--and cheap labor!
Actually, no. They had that majority for all of 4 months due to a number of factors, best explained here. Not much of a window. But then either party only really needs 51 votes to pass their bills. The rest is time and debate.

An immigration bill will never get enacted unless the Republicans can somehow find a way to get 60 votes. And the Dems like it that way!
Which is why no bill has been passed by this Republican dominated House and Senate since Trump's election...wait, no, they have, haven't they.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian observes:
Israel built a fence at Gaza (kinda like the U.S. uses on the border) because a wall wouldn't have worked.
merlin_138194136_3dfa67c9-3f92-4472-9e12-12e5d126c0eb-articleLarge.jpg

Sod writes:
looks like a wall to me

That's why you were so easy to fool. As you learned, much of the "wall" isn't planned to be a wall at all.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Barbarian observes:
Israel built a fence at Gaza (kinda like the U.S. uses on the border) because a wall wouldn't have worked.

ok, we'll call it a "fence" and we'll agree that "walls" don't work, can't work, never have worked, especially in the context of trump

oh, by the way, here's a video showing the gaza "fence":

if trump builds a "fence" like that, that is as effective at stopping unregulated border crossings, good for him :thumb:

Last edited:

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Obama was able to make a deal with terrorist nuclear-building Iran that involved him secretly sending them as much as $33.6 billion.

President Trump is having a hell of a time getting the swamp to appropriate 15 to $20 billion to build the border wall.

What's wrong with that picture

drbrumley

LOL! We rightly took it, and that made it ours, Mr. Islamo-Fascist lover.

And I suppose all the dope money ever seized by police also still belongs to criminals. Sheese

Lord, why do I have to deal with idiots like this? CC can read his post 1000 times and not see the irony of his post...

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Good fences make good neighbors.
Before I built a wall I’d ask to know
What I was walling in or walling out,
And to whom I was like to give offense.
Something there is that doesn’t love a wall,
That wants it down.' I could say ‘Elves’ to him,
But it’s not elves exactly, and I’d rather
He said it for himself. I see him there
Bringing a stone grasped firmly by the top
In each hand, like an old-stone savage armed.
He moves in darkness as it seems to me,
Not of woods only and the shade of trees.
He will not go behind his father’s saying,
And he likes having thought of it so well
He says again, ‘Good fences make good neighbors.' Robert Frost

chair

ok, we'll call it a "fence" and we'll agree that "walls" don't work, can't work, never have worked, especially in the context of trump

oh, by the way, here's a video showing the gaza "fence":

if trump builds a "fence" like that, that is as effective at stopping unregulated border crossings, good for him :thumb:

There are a few sections that are a wall. That's what the video shows. mostly it's a fence with sensors and patrols.

ok doser

There are a few sections that are a wall. That's what the video shows. mostly it's a fence with sensors and patrols.

Yes, i know

But its important to barbie to pretend that there's no wall

and sometimes its just easier to humor the deluded elderly

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Good fences make good neighbors.

Something there is that doesn't love a wall,
That wants it down." I could say "Elves" to him,
But it's not elves exactly, and I'd rather
He said it for himself. I see him there
Bringing a stone grasped firmly by the top
In each hand, like an old-stone savage armed.
He moves in darkness as it seems to me,
Not of woods only and the shade of trees.
He will not go behind his father's saying,
And he likes having thought of it so well
He says again, "Good fences make good neighbours."

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned

Yes, but Sod thinks that's a "wall." He apparently doesn't realize that we already have such a "wall" on the border. And he says such "walls" are effective.

If they are, why does he want to replace it with something less effective?

Kit the Coyote

The Gaza barrier is not as effective as thought as well, as with my observation that a wall on the US Southern border would just change traffic patterns so the terrorist patterns have simply changed in Gaza. Hamas has shown it can tunnel under the barrier with impunity, having launched multiple attacks via tunnels. They have also shown that they can tear down the barrier during the last intifada. The main reason there have been so little attacks by suicide bombers crossing the barrier is that Hamas decided to concentrate their resources on building and firing cheap rockets over it, instead.

ok doser

The gaza barrier was built for a very different purpose - to contain a hostile population

So we're really comparing apples and oranges

Chair - any idea what the egyptian border looks like?

btw - do you know how you can tell barbie's getting flustered? he starts calling me "sod" :darwinsm:

ok doser

Yes, but Sod thinks that's a "wall." He apparently doesn't realize that we already have such a "wall" on the border. And he says such "walls" are effective.

If they are, why does he want to replace it with something less effective?

Yes barbie, of course you're right - that's exactly what i think and your assessment of our current border is accurate as is your assessment of the potential effectiveness of trump's proposed "wall"

now better take a nappy - pretty soon it'll be time for matlock

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Yes barbie, of course you're right - that's exactly what i think and your assessment of our current border is accurate as is your assessment of the potential effectiveness of trump's proposed "wall"

We already went over that. As you learned, walls that long don't work. Never have. Trump cited the great wall of China, (which is much more strongly built than his proposed wall would be), and it failed repeatedly.

(Sod gets a bit cranky)
now better take a nappy

Good idea. You'll probably feel better afterwards.

Just remember, you usually can see through fences, but you usually can't see through walls. That should clear up your confusion next time, Sod.

ok doser

We already went over that. As you learned, walls that long don't work. Never have. Trump cited the great wall of China, (which is much more strongly built than his proposed wall would be), and it failed repeatedly.

(Sod gets a bit cranky)

Good idea. You'll probably feel better afterwards.

Just remember, you usually can see through fences, but you usually can't see through walls. That should clear up your confusion next time, Sod.

Of course, you're right - walls are toatally ineffective for any purpose, especially if they are associated with trump

Good job!