Isn't it reasonable to doubt Young Earth Creationism?

Truster

The unregenerate have no option but to doubt and deny the truth. That's how we* recognise them.

we* the redeemed, regenerate and repentant.

Last edited:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The unregenerate have no option but to doubt and deny the truth. That's how we* recognise them.

we* the redeemed, rehenerate and repentant.
Hey, Truster, do you mind actually contributing to the conversation, instead of just boasting about how "redeemed, regenerated, and repentant" you are?

Because this is not the thread for that...

eleos

"For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy" Ex. 20:11 Why reject what seems the obvious intention of the author; thatGod created everything in six days?
There are various ways in Scripture we know that day 1 was an absolute beginning. There was no pre-existing universe. One way we know this is from the way 'ordinal' and 'cardinal' numbers are used in the creation account.
I'm going to use Young's Literal Translation to show this, since most translations don't properly reflect an important nuance.
Genesis 1
8 ...."day second"
13 .... "day third"
19 .... "day fourth"
23 ...."day fifth"
31 ... "day the sixth"
In the Hebrew, these are called 'ordinal'numbers.

But... Why is Day 1 not an ordinal number...IE. Why doesn't the Hebrew call it 'the first day'?
Again Youngs Literal translation says this...
Genesis 1:5 "and God calleth to the light `Day,' and to the darkness He hath called `Night;' and there is an evening, and there is a morning -- day one."

"Day one"... not, 'first day'. This is significant because it is now a 'cardinal' number in the Hebrew.
There was no other days before this time. The purposeful use of a cardinal number for "day one" shows that this was the absolute beginning, other than God Himself.

Genesis 1:5 "and God calleth to the light `Day,' and to the darkness He hath called `Night;' and there is an evening, and there is a morning -- day one."

We know God is eternal and there are no "time" contraints. Time on earth was created on the first day, no doubt. The earth and it's "heavens" were created on day one and time on earth began.

That does not preclude a higher heaven .... that is where God resides. Heavens, used plural ... meaning more than one. Highest heaven(s) meaning so there is a lower one.

What includes the "earths" heavens? Does earths' creation include God's "heaven" ... No. He has always been, so heaven where He is has always existed whereas earth's heaven was created on day one.

Deuteronomy 10

14“Behold, to the LORD your God belong heaven and the highest heavens, the earth and all that is in it.

Hebrews 11

3By faith we understand that the universe was created by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things that are visible.

"universe" - Greek word - aión - definition - Definition: an age, a cycle (of time), especially of the present age as contrasted with the future age, and of one of a series of ages stretching to infinity.

God and "His? heaven ... the eternal heaven ... has never had time.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Rev_8:1 The Lamb opened the seventh seal. Then there was silence in heaven for about half an hour.
Hahaha, that's the first time I've seen someone on TOL make the claim that there is no time in heaven. Your response not only answers their challenge, but exposes their knowledge (or, certainly, lack thereof) of what the Bible says.

I love it!

6days

There are reasons to be unsure about the Big Bang theory. But you don't see physicists blatantly ignoring evidence, or claiming that there is a conspiracy out there.
You must have your eyes...and mind closed then. Stellar evolutionists, some who are physicists, have invented a whole host of 'rescue devices' trying to explain away the evidence. (Multiverse, faster than speed of light expansion, Oort cloud, eternal inflation, geodynamos, pre-existing universes, dark energy, dark matter, dark particles and white holes) Of course evolutionists ignore the evidence!

Greg Jennings

Evolution is still real

Young-Earth creationism is still considered nonsense now, despite having been the original "theory" that geology and paleontology began with. Since then, it has been chipped away at while the theory of evolution has gotten more precise and refined via the scrutiny of scientists around the world. In the face of the same scrutiny, Young-Earth creationism has been left without any leg to stand on

Good talk

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Evolution is still real
Nope.

It's just a theory.

Young-Earth creationism is still considered nonsense.
Darwinists are forever touting an idea's popularity as if it established its veracity.

Despite having been the original "theory" that geology and paleontology began with. Since then, it has been chipped away at while the theory of evolution has gotten more precise and refined via the scrutiny of scientists around the world. In the face of the same scrutiny, Young-Earth creationism has been left without any leg to stand onGood talk

:yawn:

Wake us up when you're willing to discuss the evidence.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Greg Jennings

Nope.

It's just a theory.

Darwinists are forever touting an idea's popularity as if it established its veracity.

:yawn:

Wake us up when you're willing to discuss the evidence.

If I thought you were willing, then I'd bite. But I've been down this road with you goobers before. Once you run into a gap in your own logic or a physical impossibility you simply say "God can do whatever He wants."

I'm not wasting any more of my life doing that, thank you very much. I'll just live in the real world. You can have your fantasy if it means that much to you

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If I thought you were willing, then I'd bite. But I've been down this road with you goobers before. Once you run into a gap in your own logic or a physical impossibility you simply say "God can do whatever He wants." I'm not wasting any more of my life doing that, thank you very much. I'll just live in the real world. You can have your fantasy if it means that much to you

Bye. :wave2:

Remember never to talk with or about us ever again. :thumb:

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Nope.

It's just a theory.

Yep, a theory. And again you show your dishonesty because after years it is impossible to believe you do not know what that term means in science as opposed to a "guess". And I thought your deity did not like dishonesty, oh, silly me.

Greg Jennings

Bye. :wave2:

Remember never to talk with or about us ever again. :thumb:

Nah I'm sure I'll stop in to share my two cents about how you're wasting your minds every once in a while. You'll just have to put up with that Stipey, buddy

way 2 go

Yep, a theory. And again you show your dishonesty because after years it is impossible to believe you do not know what that term means in science as opposed to a "guess". And I thought your deity did not like dishonesty, oh, silly me.

evolution is a theory.

theory =

1 : a plausible or scientifically acceptable general principle or body of principles offered to explain phenomena

the wave theory of light

2 a : a belief, policy, or procedure proposed or followed as the basis of action

her method is based on the theory that all children want to learn

b : an ideal or hypothetical set of facts, principles, or circumstances —often used in the phrase in theory

in theory, we have always advocated freedom for all

3 a : a hypothesis assumed for the sake of argument or investigation
b : an unproved assumption : conjecture

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
evolution is a theory.

theory =

1 : a plausible or scientifically acceptable general principle or body of principles offered to explain phenomena

the wave theory of light

2 a : a belief, policy, or procedure proposed or followed as the basis of action

her method is based on the theory that all children want to learn

b : an ideal or hypothetical set of facts, principles, or circumstances —often used in the phrase in theory

in theory, we have always advocated freedom for all

3 a : a hypothesis assumed for the sake of argument or investigation
b : an unproved assumption : conjecture
Darwinists are forever asserting that their ideas are reality and then whining when called on it.