Is the Bible the only sacred texts and why or why not.

popsthebuilder

You are just flat out stupid when you try to post words.
Can't refute one thing I said so you just blather on with a mess of words that say nothing at all.
I'm sorry you can't grasp some things evidently. I can try and explain it more if you think it might help you to understand. It is really simple.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Apple7

You are just flat out stupid when you try to post words.
Can't refute one thing I said so you just blather on with a mess of words that say nothing at all.

Pops is just posting from his smartphone.

He can't actually address scripture from his phone...so he makes small talk...

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm sorry you can't grasp some things evidently. I can try and explain it more if you think it might help you to understand. It is really simple.

Listening to your pagan Islam loving self trying to tell anyone about what scripture says is a waste of time because you stink at it.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Wouldn't matter if his phone could post scripture because he sucks at understanding scripture.
He's not just a little sucky at it, he's big time sucky at it.

jaybird

No surprise...
you would totally kill me in the name calling smart mouth competition, im a grown man and its been so long since i was in Jr high school. i will admit defeat.
so back to the discussion, did you have a scripture or you just dodging because you have no response?

The other what...?

did you not have an example in scripture of the Most High praying/talking to Himself?

this, i would very much like to see it.

jaybird

Nope.
You are looking at it wrong.
Think of it as 3 persons makes one unity, such as one family.
The three make 1 family, not 3 families.
and this family would be Jesus, the Father and the Spirit. and where does this leave everyone else, on the outside of the family of Jesus. makes me sad.

YHWH is a triune unity of 3 persons - Father, Son, Holy Spirit.

We understand plural unities because the very first chapter of the Bible lays the foundation for the concept.
The GOD that was creating says "us" and "our", letting you know right away it is not just one person doing the creating.
Coupled with the fact that the NT tell us that the Son created, and that there was NOTHING created that was not created by Him.
And yet the OT says that GOD alone created.
So we know without a doubt that GOD is a unity.

The first chapter also tells us that more than one single person can be called "one" - Adam and Eve as one flesh, not two fleshes.
That one flesh consisted of two persons.

So the very first chapter sets the precedence for having a unity of "one" that does not consist of a single person.

We also know this from our own language.
One nation.
One committee.
One school.
etc.
All "one" unity of more than one person.

Fits perfectly with what GOD has revealed in scripture for us.

So you can see how when we see someone start hollering that GOD is "one" , we just throw up our hands because you really don't have a sound argument for it being one person to begin with.
In short, it's a very lame argument.

if the Most High is plural why does scripture not refer to Him as "they"? always He, Him and I. those are not terms we use for three person beings.
all this is based on the Gen passage let "us" make . . .how do you know who the Most High is speaking to? how do you know He is not speaking to the sons of the Most High, we know they are up there, and this "us" was not there before, those first parts of creation there is no mention of an "us", strange that creation didnt start this way when the other parts of the "us" were always there, according to the theology.

Apple7

if the Most High is plural why does scripture not refer to Him as "they"? always He, Him and I. those are not terms we use for three person beings.
all this is based on the Gen passage let "us" make . . .how do you know who the Most High is speaking to? how do you know He is not speaking to the sons of the Most High, we know they are up there, and this "us" was not there before, those first parts of creation there is no mention of an "us", strange that creation didnt start this way when the other parts of the "us" were always there, according to the theology.

Scriptures use a multiplicity of ways to describe The ONE Triune God....'us'...'we'...'our'...as this speaks of the plurality of Persons....but, still ONE God.

Scores of times in scripture, the dialogue of God alternates from First-Person to Third-Person in the dialogue...thus, the only logical conclusion that one can arrive at is that Yahweh is more than one Person.

popsthebuilder

What a grand assumption.

How bout these?

1 Corinthians 8: 4. As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one. 5. For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,) 6. But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Isaiah 48: 1. Hear ye this, O house of Jacob, which are called by the name of Israel, and are come forth out of the waters of Judah, which swear by the name of the LORD, and make mention of the God of Israel, but not in truth, nor in righteousness. 2. For they call themselves of the holy city, and stay themselves upon the God of Israel; The LORD of hosts is his name. 3. I have declared the former things from the beginning; and they went forth out of my mouth, and I shewed them; I did them suddenly, and they came to pass. 4. Because I knew that thou art obstinate, and thy neck is an iron sinew, and thy brow brass; 5. I have even from the beginning declared it to thee; before it came to pass I shewed it thee: lest thou shouldest say, Mine idol hath done them, and my graven image, and my molten image, hath commanded them. 6. Thou hast heard, see all this; and will not ye declare it? I have shewed thee new things from this time, even hidden things, and thou didst not know them. 7. They are created now, and not from the beginning; even before the day when thou heardest them not; lest thou shouldest say, Behold, I knew them. 8. Yea, thou heardest not; yea, thou knewest not; yea, from that time that thine ear was not opened: for I knew that thou wouldest deal very treacherously, and wast called a transgressor from the womb. 9. For my name's sake will I defer mine anger, and for my praise will I refrain for thee, that I cut thee not off. 10. Behold, I have refined thee, but not with silver; I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction. 11. For mine own sake, even for mine own sake, will I do it: for how should my name be polluted? and I will not give my glory unto another. 12. Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last. 13. Mine hand also hath laid the foundation of the earth, and my right hand hath spanned the heavens: when I call unto them, they stand up together.

Hosea 13: 4. Yet I am the LORD thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for there is no saviour beside me.

(Sorry; it probably takes up a lot of screen space; but I do have the capacity to post scripture so your pretend point is moot.)
a700308d8696df4604865d1481770eda.jpg
d9aec70424362c81884a9c39deae66af.jpg
a34b43afff521714cdc4a44e6ffc15cc.jpg
22008246551ad4b4f02b5fefbce29127.jpg
aad2d629f260cc44c31c2d13b7ead194.jpg
6f163fb10618ecbf3b69720395a8cb34.jpg

popsthebuilder

Listening to your pagan Islam loving self trying to tell anyone about what scripture says is a waste of time because you stink at it.
Whatever excuse you can muster up I guess.

Pagan though? That's a little much.

I try to follow the Christ's command about love

popsthebuilder

Be sure to refute a single doctrine I hold with scripture then.

Heck just show anyone of them to be against scripture at all.
Wouldn't matter if his phone could post scripture because he sucks at understanding scripture.
He's not just a little sucky at it, he's big time sucky at it.

popsthebuilder

You defeat yourself.

Heb 3.7 - 11
(Shows subsidiary nature or word and way being of GOD and not GOD ALMIGHTY.)

Hebrews 3: 7. For this reason--as the Holy Spirit warns us, <"To-day, if you hear His voice, 8. do not harden your hearts as your forefathers did in the time of the provocation on the day of the temptation in the Desert, 9. where your forefathers so sorely tried My patience and saw all that I did during forty years. 10. Therefore I was greatly grieved with that generation, and I said, `They are ever going astray in heart, and have not learnt to know My paths.' 11. As I swore in My anger, they shall not be admitted to My rest" -->

(Did you mean some other texts showing GOD praying to GOD?)
0560b58b365c28cd511ae133bada436b.jpg
683725e6d33e057843e82577a00dd75f.jpg
5fd69963589ed5e1b3c3b1ca8c132d9c.jpg
60d8e6c194d1c5f32bcdacc7bc20b430.jpg
1ffc0537c1b493b4b6d4506fb178b30f.jpg

popsthebuilder

That I have access to scripture and the Greek and all possible meanings.

My secondary point is that your assumption was wholly false.
Yawn.....what point are you trying to make by posting Trinitarian English renderings?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
and this family would be Jesus, the Father and the Spirit. and where does this leave everyone else, on the outside of the family of Jesus. makes me sad.
"Family" was an analogy just as nation, school, committee to show how multiple persons can be one unit.
Do you know what an analogy is?

if the Most High is plural why does scripture not refer to Him as "they"?
Read the first chapter of the Bible.
GOD speaks as "us" and "our" and also as "I".
GOD also speaks of creating mankind (Adam & Eve, male and female) as "he" and "them".

Further on in scripture we also see the one nation of Israel spoken of as a he, a she, and a them and they.

This type of speech (using both singular and plural pronouns for the same unit) is not uncommon in scripture at all.
So I don't why anyone would have a problem with it.
Do you?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Whatever excuse you can muster up I guess.

Pagan though? That's a little much.

I try to follow the Christ's command about love

You are as pagan as pagan can be.
It's pathetic to watch you try and combine all religions into "the gospel" by dragging Islam and Bahai into it.
Your "Christianity" is a fraud.

popsthebuilder

Well that isn't pagan at all.

All of creation is what I bring into it. All men all women.

God's will is that all be saved.

At least I'm not an illogical manipulative closed minded gullible polytheist and idol worshipper.
It's pathetic to watch you try and combine all religions into "the gospel" by dragging Islam and Bahai into it.

Apple7

I've tried numerous times, on this thread, to engage pops on discussion of the koranic text that he even mentioned directly in his OP - but he runs away like a child, each and every time that I extend the offer that he, himself, proffered in his OP.

No doubt, he is most leery of having his glutes handed to him on a silver platter...:rotfl: