The earth is flat and we never went to the moon--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
One more suggestion...

Again, if you're using an iPhone, you can download an app called Spyglass. Its a compass app that allows you to take screen shots that look like this...

View attachment 26380

It has all the data on the image, including the exact time and precise directional heading and location. That way there's no accusations of fudging possible. You can even tell the angle above the horizon that you camera is tilted.

I'm pretty sure you can use the app for free.

Clete

Last edited:

AHPeeb

I know it's a little early but we were on a walk. This is the sky at around 7:36 Eastern.

Also this is a test to see if I can even upload pictures from my phone. If it does upload, picture is taken at about eye level (I'm 5'-8") not zoomed in, and I am pointing due West according to a compass app and verified by Google maps with GPS. I have an android
a72c35e3f4b2174a6c4dfca90dc9186d.jpg

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

AHPeeb

8:04 Eastern. Almost the same location as my first one (might be slightly closer and to the left?) Also note the sun has completely set here on the East coast.
d2cd5a6c675d74b281407dc0be28a28f.jpg

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Guys please don’t post any pics that are not at the designated times. The pics need to be on the hour or at least within a minute or two.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Okay 1:00 UCT from my back yard (click the image to see it full sized)...

View attachment 26381

View attachment 26384

Notice that I have the camera pointed very nearly at the real horizon rather than at the tree tops in the distance.

The app I was using shows the position of the Sun when I took the photo which was just -.2 degrees below the horizon. (That's the position of the center of the Sun. Official sunset happens when the Sun disappears behind the horizon which occurred this evening at 01:05 UCT at my house.)

Last edited:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Due west @ 21:00 hours (02:00 UTC) @ my back yard (click on image for full sized pic)...

The greenish light on the right is a large yard light in my neighbor's yard (I hate it!)
Notice the position of the Sun shown by the app nearly off the right side of the screen about -10° or so below the horizon.
Notice also just the remnants of sky glow due to the Sun being BELOW the horizon. Now way to do that on a flat Earth. If the Earth was flat, the Sun would fade into the distance and look like Venus, which, if you're participating, you'll see in the western sky this evening. It's actually visible in my photo just above the tree on the right side of the image.

View attachment 26382

View attachment 26385

Last edited:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I’m gonna get that app Clete has for my tomorrow pics. That’s super cool.

You might need to play around with the settings (there's a lot of them). You want to make sure the font color is one that will show up well against the sky, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.